Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official Rotar and Twistoid in MOTUC Discussion

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    If Horde Troopers are not in the works could this possibly mean a Rotar & Twistoid two pack?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Now that this line has gotten closer to revealing all the vintage heroic warriors its about time that Rotar should be coming up. I bring this up because I for one really want to have Rotar with an attachable legs option. That how I prefer to display him. I like to see this issue to gain in popularity. same gos for the support for the character Rotar.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Really want both these guys, and hope they have removable legs and regular sized torso's, I'll probably display them with legs if so. I would be willing to pay more to get then with legs. A two pack would be great for these.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I can see these being 2014 SDCC item or the Holiday Item as a 2 pack.

Rotar is my most wanted remaining vintage MOTU figure. I hope they both make it eventually!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I dont know that these figures get much love, but I still very much want them, and yes of course with legs. Said it before.

I hope we get our chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I know Rotar & Twistoid are the least popular of the vintage MOTU figures, which might be why I'm pulling for them lately. I want to see ALL the characters from the vintage line remade and these guys are the least likely to see the light of day. Anywho, I found this 200X Rotar custom on a German fansite and thought it was kinda cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...germansite.jpg

very cool man
    LONG LIFE TO 200X
    Check out marktron's MOTU CUTSOMS photos and profile! http://fearlessphotog.deviantart.com/

two pack with a base to position the two of them fighting each other, but Why give them legs? the idea is for them to be tops is it not? I predict either SDCC2014 or 2015 figure 50-60 dollar figure set.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

I fear these will, yet again, have trapjaw legs
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Anyone else real excited about these guys?!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Anyone else real excited about these guys?!
    Definitely looking forward to seeing how these guys turn out.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

We can't turn our backs on wounded veterans! Hopefully they are the SDCC item this year.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound CatraGrot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I am crossing my fingers that these two characters are sold together and out of the subscription. An SDCC item is a good fit. I know many fans want them.

I'd like them better if they have replacement lower torsos and legs, like King Hsss had the replacement upper body. If the characters could snap on the "boring" devices then they would make more sense to me. They are like Cy-Chop, only worse. I mean, if they don't have legs then do they just lean somewhere all day and get dragged out to drill? Or do they hop around? I mean no insult to the characters or designs, but their bodies are impractical and it's something that really bothers me.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I fear these will, yet again, have trapjaw legs
    even though i would be ok with the trap-jaw legs, i'm also tired of them. maybe they could mix horde trooper legs with mosquitor boots.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    We can't turn our backs on wounded veterans! Hopefully they are the SDCC item this year.
    I'm hopeful for that too.

I'm a little nervous on the word if we will be getting removable legs with these guys.
    Much like King Hiss Extendar or any other figure that has the lower removable torso option.
    This would make these guys a lot more desirable in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I am crossing my fingers that these two characters are sold together and out of the subscription. An SDCC item is a good fit. I know many fans want them.

I'd like them better if they have replacement lower torsos and legs, like King Hsss had the replacement upper body. If the characters could snap on the "boring" devices then they would make more sense to me. They are like Cy-Chop, only worse. I mean, if they don't have legs then do they just lean somewhere all day and get dragged out to drill? Or do they hop around? I mean no insult to the characters or designs, but their bodies are impractical and it's something that really bothers me.
    I had a vintage Rotar, and I always imagined that he was able to travel on his gyro without spinning if he wanted to. I'm no engineer, but I'd imagine that could be possible. This is likely MAA level tech we're talking here, so why not? The original vintage bases could be updated for Classics to make them easier to display.

Essentially, I think I'm going to end up in the minority here and say, "No legs for Rotar and Twistoid". It goes against their vintage stylings, and it just plain strikes me as odd. In a two-pack with bases, this makes sense.

I'm really excited to see how these guys turn out. I think that if they are going to be part of a $52 pack, then they will definitely be coming with interchangeable lower halves. If they turn out anything like Emiliano's vision, they will look amazing. The legs and arms he envisioned for Twistoid could totally work for Artilla, too.

This is probably the only shot these two characters are going to get at being redone, so I'm glad that is actually going to happen.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Still hoping Matty are sitting on a big pile of these in their warehouse.

Imagine a bunch of these popped up in a Mattel clearance centre...?
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

This is my ultimate hope as well!

With ALL of Matty 2.0's Mishaps Mistakes since SDCC, I literally starting missing Scott Toy Guru lol! Then as I was reading old Mattel Q&A gathered here on He-Man.org, I remembered. I remembered. Lol. But I just want a complete line with aesthetically pleasing figures that fit in with my expensive & vast MOTUC collection. I feel the VOID of missing The ENERGY ZOID 2pack BADLY! I NEED to have x2 sets so I can have my Loose ROTAR & TWISTOID (& 1 MIB) to complete my loose Evil Warriors & Heroic Masters!

Matty FAILING to deliver Rotar & Twistoid in EA is by far the worse New Matty 2.0 Team's mistake... to me personally. If they were made to be SDCC Exclusives, they should have been made in at least sub numbers, so that Subscribers would all have ample chance to get them. If they were in EA it would be guaranteed subscribers (who FUND the line) received the figures available.

I have to HOPE Matty has a bunch of these & is not offering them to us now or alerting us to their existence for a reason....like

1.) Disorganization (Matty Team is overwhelmed & doesn't know where or how many are available.)
    2.) Marketing Games (Matty wants to create scarcity so people/scalpers buy them with fervor)
    3.) Allotment (Matty didn't have them all available so sold what they had @ the time) .....(sadly doubtful)
    or there's in reality a BAD reason there are NO Energy Zoid 2-packs for us....

4.) Produced in record LOW numbers (Matty forgot or didn't care about the promised EA & they are all SOLD OUT...& even some @ discount in in a surprise previously unannounced Sale!

If Matty is SOLD OUT of this 2-pack, they better TELL US immediately & remedy it with a 2nd Run so we can complete the all important VINTAGE MOTU Roster....you know...the reason I kept subbing!

Why the Snake Armor vs BA King Hiss wasn't the SDCC item (complete with Torso as box would allow.for space & price point would have been adjusted for it's inclusion), & The Energy Zoids VINTAGE 2pk was not in the sub is beyond me. SDCC Exclusives are sold to many fans who don't always collect full toylines, so a 200X SA He-Man vs Kng Hiss w/ Torso would have been FAR more attractive to the casual buyer than the Zoids I'd think_
    Last edited by invisibleboy; February 10, 2016 at 10:55pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

I really hope those of you that want Rotar & Twistoid get them.

I passed on them at SDCC because those two characters just never did anything for me in the vintage 80's line or MOTUC's.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

It really still boggles my mind how quickly these sold out. I have to think that they really under-produced them compared to the previous SDCC releases. Orko/Adam, Queen Marlena, Rokkon/Stonedar, and "Filmation" Hordak all had multiple sales after their initial release, and I'd say they are all more popular than Rotar and Twistoid.

It could also be possible that they were hidden somewhere in the warehouse and there will be plenty available one day .
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    It really still boggles my mind how quickly these sold out. I have to think that they really under-produced them compared to the previous SDCC releases. Orko/Adam, Queen Marlena, Rokkon/Stonedar, and "Filmation" Hordak all had multiple sales after their initial release, and I'd say they are all more popular than Rotar and Twistoid.

It could also be possible that they were hidden somewhere in the warehouse and there will be plenty available one day .
    That's what's holding me back from paying the exorbitant prices on eBay...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I really hope those of you that want Rotar & Twistoid get them.

I passed on them at SDCC because those two characters just never did anything for me in the vintage 80's line or MOTUC's.
    Thanks for that! I hope we get 'em too!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    If they were made to be SDCC Exclusives, they should have been made in at laest sub numbers, so that Subscribers would all have ample chance to get them. If they were i. EA it would be guaranteed subscribers (who FUND the line) received the figures available.
    Yeah, the early access matter, once solved, should help a lot, for sure...
    now, as far as i'm concerned, for being part of the lucky ones,
    i remember this two pack lasting over 20 minutes online.
    Okay, that's not several hours at the least but still!
    Regarding the sub numbers issue, no wonder they produced
    way less!
    Probably worried that their lack of popularity would impact very badly on their sales.
    Not to mention the innovation that nobody expected...the Snout Spout / Trap Jaw legs!
    Despite the fact they be overused (especially the latter) it notheless provides
    some additionnal attraction to the item, that's when fans suddenly swoop on the offer.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; February 10, 2016 at 07:04am.

These were high on my list,I also wanted the batman superman set and egon figure. So I jumped right away on them. I do remember thinking,I would pick up a second set,to display in spin top mode. I figured they would be around for days. How wrong I was. The eBay prices are awful. This was on of the best if not best two packs ever released. I hope it comes out again. The early access fail is a big factor in the anger as well.
    Comedian on the matty forums.