View Poll Results: Which extra Motu media do you wish to see added to the current ones as a mini-sub?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Young Production (200X)

12 17.91%
  • New Adventures Of He-Man

34 50.75%
  • Son Of He-Man

6 8.96%
  • Various paper based media characters (magazine, books, comics)

15 22.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which other Motu media do you wish to see added as a mini-sub?

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar

Which other Motu media do you wish to see added as a mini-sub?

I thought it was the right moment to remind oneself how rich is the Motu universe (thanks to Dark Horse & every people involved in the edition of the latest jewel to date.).

So as in the previous years at Mattycollector, with the prospect of offering more, Super7 could find a poll like this one quite helpful to build it up.

It's just a funny way to wrap the overall licences previously mentioned in this section while gauging their actual potential as a whole instead of just picking individuals.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; July 24, 2017 at 09:27am.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

as a minisub? The only one that works and the only necessary one is New Adventures. There are still so many, to do a pre-order for that is probably the only way to guarantee it to be made. Heck, then we'd see how much support there really is for it.

Though I like Son of He Man and there are quite a few I either want or like, I do not think a minisub is the right way to go, but if that is what it took to get Skeleteen & Kay-La specifically (plus that Evil Lyn design if we're pushing it) then I'm all for it.

There is not enough in the other two to warrant a minisub. Better to just spice them in CC.
    Last edited by baronterror; July 25, 2017 at 12:22pm.

Son of He-Man. I'd rather get one Skeleteen than a bunch more NA, though I do love the NA figures. Skeleteen would be an awesome toy, and he's a crucial character in the grand scheme of things.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I would have said the best mini sub ever would be a mini sub for vehicules and creatures.
    That way we maybe would get :

Stridor
    Mantisaur
    Spydor
    Clawdeen

Land shark
    Road ripper
    Attack track
    Dragon Walker

A mini sub with the 4 most wanted creatures and the 4 most demanded vehicules
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Skeleteen would be an awesome toy, and he's a crucial character in the grand scheme of things.
    I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I would have said the best mini sub ever would be a mini sub for vehicules and creatures.
    A mini sub with the 4 most wanted creatures and the 4 most demanded vehicules
    Remember what Bryan Flynn answered to Dan (Walthrough video), he intends to treat these things as a whole down on the road ... Mind you, it doesn't hurt to remind him that in the more specific topic "Let Super7 & Brian Flynn know ..."
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Remember what Bryan Flynn answered to Dan (Walthrough video), he intends to treat these things as a whole down on the road ... Mind you, it doesn't hurt to remind him that in the more specific topic "Let Super7 & Brian Flynn know ..."
    Yea you are right but I think that should be read everywhere

But regarding this poll I would say NA for sure
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Other. Mini-comic or MV Creations

Mini comic skeletor, tri-klops, sy-klone, roboto, stinkor, and mossman

MVC Scare Glow

MVC shards of darkness demon

MVC palace guards

MVC bone warriors

MVC Keldor

MVC faker
    Styles..Hotel..India..Echo..Lima..Delta...

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Son of He-Man. I'd rather get one Skeleteen than a bunch more NA, though I do love the NA figures. Skeleteen would be an awesome toy, and he's a crucial character in the grand scheme of things.
    Heck, I'd rather get one Skeleteen than a bunch more NA, however I would like the rest of the Space Mutants and regardless of what I want I agree with NA Die Hards that it deserves to be finished. As a MOTU Fan it is a part of the whole and looking at my collection there is a noticable gap. NA as a minisub just makes the most sense. And with Pre-Orders we can see if the support is really there for it after all. If it failed to be supported enough there you have it.

Skeleteen I just have to believe has a better chance at getting realized that many Galactic Protectors at this point so I am trying not to worry about him. we'll see.

Are you kidding? Is this even a question??

Without a doubt, New Adventures deserves top billing when it comes to any sort of Mini-Sub offering!

I've said it time and again, New Adventures is the ONLY vintage line that has NOT been completed in MOTUC!!! Mattel completely disregarded NA fans when they decided to release characters like the Fighting Foe Men and 30th Anniversary concepts... now, it's up to Super7 to pick up Matty's slack and save the day.

Quakke is a good start, but the lack of any NA at SDCC is quite a bit disappointing. If any faction/era deserves a representative in every wave, it's New Adventures.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Without a doubt, New Adventures deserves top billing when it comes to any sort of Mini-Sub offering!

I've said it time and again, New Adventures is the ONLY vintage line that has NOT been completed in MOTUC!!! Mattel completely disregarded NA fans when they decided to release characters like the Fighting Foe Men and 30th Anniversary concepts... now, it's up to Super7 to pick up Matty's slack and save the day.

Quakke is a good start, but the lack of any NA at SDCC is quite a bit disappointing. If any faction/era deserves a representative in every wave, it's New Adventures.
    I completely agree Mattycollector, Mattel, and Scott dropped the ball on this big time.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Haha! You know how it is, the more we ask the stronger this faction (apparently quite successful here) has a chance to complete itself ... With a bit of luck, a plan to wrap them all up is on the table as we speak right now (mutlipacks).
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Haha! You know how it is, the more we ask the stronger this faction (apparently quite successful here) has a chance to complete itself ... With a bit of luck, a plan to wrap them all up is on the table as we speak right now (mutlipacks).
    Who knows?
    I completely agree!

I love these types of polls just for the reasons you stated! New Adventures needs the press, and we know that Super7 lurks on these forums, so here's hoping!!!

P.S. I meant no disrespect towards the poll with my earlier post!

Ain't got no problem with that, no worries mate.
    You & I suffer from the same syndrom after all ...

Heroic Warrior
    While NA is not my favorite part of MotU it is the one with the most figures left that I think, we need for completion (plus afew I personally want to own), so I'm going with that.

I really like the idea of the "paper based media" subscription. I hadn't really thought of it before, but there are many characters that originate in vintage comic format.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I really like the idea of the "paper based media" subscription. I hadn't really thought of it before, but there are many characters that originate in vintage comic format.
    Yeah mate, so many interesting characters left in a queue ...
    It could be such a nice thing to give 'em a chance.
    Apparently Na fans spoke loud and clear on this one,
    but who knows what'll happen once this media is at last fully represented.
    we may have a few surprises ...

Heroic Warrior

That's an odd directive.

Though I admire your passion.

I mean, I'm kind of a completist with MOTUC, so I feel the New Adventures love... but i think your context of NA's importance in a MOTU collector line is a bit overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I completely agree Mattycollector, Mattel, and Scott dropped the ball on this big time.
    No ball was dropped by Scott, Mattycollector---or anyone else. I just re-edited this to point out that Scott is not involved at this point... originally I thought you were referring to past NA releases while Scott was still heading things.

Top priority with MOTUC was always the same as any other Mattel brand as far as profit.

But, being that MOTUC is a limited collectible line, MOTU's legacy in the context of Mattel's history is a huge factor too.

Fighting Foe Men and 30th Anniversary concepts are ideas that may or may not be profitable---- but, they also feed the MOTU legacy.

Mo-Larr?

Great pick, because MOTU's appearances on Robot Chicken displayed He-Man's cultural longevity... cultural impact.... cultural versatility... MOTU's greatest power (thankfully): LEGACY.

If Mo-Larr sold horribly...then fine, no more RC MOTUC releases. But, the RC release served it's purpose.

New Adventures is simply one small part of that legacy... a part that is much smaller than the behemoth MOTU or POP toylines.

Essentially all MOTU sub-genres other than MOTU/POP toylines (and, arguably, Filmation style) should be handled in equal amounts that are dispersed at appropriate places and times. MOTU and POP are pretty much taken care of. And so is that much smaller sub-genre: New Adventures! So, this is why I can't understand why anyone would think NA was such a priority at the moment.

That said, as far as choices for production figures, SUPER 7 has more flexibility here, being they don't have to be so invested in Mattel's MOTU legacy being that they are not owned by Mattel... THAT said, SUPER 7 still have to make their liscensor (Mattel) happy.... so, I'd think much of that "profit/legacy top priority" still applies.

In my opinion, New Adventures is wonderful, but so is the rest of MOTU... and it's apparent that New Adventures within MOTUC and it's related permutations has been VERY well represented... and, because of that, and it's aforementioned proportionally minor place in MOTU/Mattel history, New Adventures should have a humble presence in Super 7's offerings as it moves into the future.
    Last edited by Webstor's Ghost; August 3, 2017 at 10:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    That's an odd directive.

Though I admire your passion.

I mean, I'm kind of a completist with MOTUC, so I feel the New Adventures love... but i think your context of NA's importance in a MOTU collector line is a bit overblown.

No ball was dropped by Scott, Mattycollector---or anyone else. I just re-edited this to point out that Scott is not involved at this point... originally I thought you were referring to past NA releases while Scott was still heading things.

Top priority with MOTUC was always the same as any other Mattel brand as far as profit.

But, being that MOTUC is a limited collectible line, MOTU's legacy in the context of Mattel's history is a huge factor too.

Fighting Foe Men and 30th Anniversary concepts are ideas that may or may not be profitable---- but, they also feed the MOTU legacy.

Mo-Larr?

Great pick, because MOTU's appearances on Robot Chicken displayed He-Man's cultural longevity... cultural impact.... cultural versatility... MOTU's greatest power (thankfully): LEGACY.

If Mo-Larr sold horribly...then fine, no more RC MOTUC releases. But, the RC release served it's purpose.

New Adventures is simply one small part of that legacy... a part that is much smaller than the behemoth MOTU or POP toylines.

Essentially all MOTU sub-genres other than MOTU/POP toylines (and, arguably, Filmation style) should be handled in equal amounts that are dispersed at appropriate places and times. MOTU and POP are pretty much taken care of. And so is that much smaller sub-genre: New Adventures! So, this is why I can't understand why anyone would think NA was such a priority at the moment.

That said, as far as choices for production figures, SUPER 7 has more flexibility here, being they don't have to be so invested in Mattel's MOTU legacy being that they are not owned by Mattel... THAT said, SUPER 7 still have to make their liscensor (Mattel) happy.... so, I'd think much of that "profit/legacy top priority" still applies.

In my opinion, New Adventures is wonderful, but so is the rest of MOTU... and it's apparent that New Adventures within MOTUC and it's related permutations has been VERY well represented... and, because of that, and it's aforementioned proportionally minor place in MOTU/Mattel history, New Adventures should have a humble presence in Super 7's offerings as it moves into the future.
    I am well aware Scott is no longer involved in the line. I also was talking about when Scott was in charge he should have done two New Adventures figures a year.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Heroic Warrior
    I am well aware Scott is no longer involved in the line. I also was talking about when Scott was in charge he should have done two New Adventures figures a year.
    I think he was hard pressed to get out as much as he did. They just didn't sell well by all accounts. That's not a judgement on NA, it just from a business standpoint made it tough for Scott to get those out there as frequently as NA fans would like.

I would absolutely go for a New Adventures "sub" or wave! I also think if they do end up getting the movie rights they should do the same for that. They could do several waves of just movie variants that I think would sell well.

That being said, I don't think those are the only options. They could absolutely do 200x or POP mini-subs that would sell just as well. Captain Miro and 200x Sorceress are perhaps the two most wanted figures overall in the line, and after them you have tons of 200x variants that people want (Ice Armor He-Man, Randor, Prince Adam, Marlena, Roboto, Evil-Lyn, Hawke, etc ....). As for POP you could do a vintage toy mini-sub with Catra and She-Ra variants as well as vintage versions of Angella, Glimmer, Castaspella, and others and you still wouldn't finish all that off.

So I think there are many options and opportunities there, but I doubt they will go in that route, especially anytime soon. Super 7 is still getting their bearings with MOTU and they have enough on their plate with what they've already shown us. Maybe in a couple years, when it's a well-oiled machine, they might look to expand upon a couple of waves of both CC and CG per year.

They could always do 2 or 3 packs for conventions as well, which could knock out a lot of NA or variants!
    Last edited by Swifty; August 4, 2017 at 04:17am.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    ... and it's apparent that New Adventures within MOTUC and it's related permutations has been VERY well represented...
    Represented? Yes.

Represented "VERY well"? Not by a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot.

I completely agree!

I love these types of polls just for the reasons you stated! New Adventures needs the press, and we know that Super7 lurks on these forums, so here's hoping!!!

Represented? Yes.

Represented "VERY well"? Not by a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot.
    Yeah let's see here not counting variants I would say the main cast should look something like

Galactic Guardians

Master Sebrian
    Darius
    Hydron
    Flipshot
    Kayo
    Mara
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Sagitar
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Tuskador
    Drissi
    Caz

Space Mutants

Flogg
    Slush Head
    Crita
    Hoove
    Karat
    Quakke
    Butthead
    Lizzor
    Staghorn
    Crystoll

We have 10 out of 24 that's not even 42% that's not well represented if you ask me.

Yeah let's see here not counting variants I would say the main cast should look something like

Galactic Guardians

Master Sebrian
    Darius
    Hydron
    Flipshot
    Kayo
    Mara
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Sagitar
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Tuskador
    Drissi
    Caz

Space Mutants

Flogg
    Slush Head
    Crita
    Hoove
    Karat
    Quakke
    Butthead
    Lizzor
    Staghorn
    Crystoll

We have 10 out of 24 that's not even 42% that's not well represented if you ask me.
    I totally agree.

Now, imagine if Mattel had actually focused on producing NA characters instead of stuff like:

-Fighting Foe Men (could have been: Lizorr, Kayo, & Hoove)
    -30th Anniversary figs (could have been: Nocturna, BH, Vizar, Staghorn, Spinwit, & Artilla)
    -Mo-Larr con exclusive (could have been: (Master Sebrian con exclusive)

It's really frustrating to think that ALL the vintage lines could be complete right now... but, instead New Adventures just keeps getting pushed off of the table...

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I liked the Mike Young stuff there are some great introduced characters, as well as characters from comics and media that would be great in plastic form. A couple instances the pteradactyl guy, the huge behemoth evil guy, the alien cosmic enforcer, these were introduced characters. The wolf warrior who fought keldor but was defeated by batsman, King trunk.
    Yet a NA sub would be really ideal since this era really needs to be represented a whole lot more, all characters have come out great.
    DOH is what I also would like to see, which IMHO should include the Defenders of Trolls, The Revenge Squad, Dare and his crew, and Skeleteens Droom moon recruits.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    where is my New adventures mini-sub!? with The Power of the Good and the Way of the Magic!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog