View Poll Results: How important are accessories for you?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I just want the regular stuff and have no interest in further weapons

22 24.44%
  • I would like to have more matching stuff to display my figures differently

68 75.56%

Thread: Accessories-how important are they to you?

Heroic Warrior

Accessories-how important are they to you?

MOTU and also Classics are well known for their colorful weapons. But how important are they?

Would you like to see more recolored stuff for more posing options or do you just want the regular accessory without any further display options, for example, no magenta Faker stuff?

I like the Weapons Packs and new pack ins. I still want an official purple shield for Skeletor for example.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I wish we were getting more creature pack-ins, like the Darkling and Lookee, and more objects, like books and goblets. Just for variety's sake. At some point, how many swords and shields to you need? That being said, I do like the randomness of some of he upcoming accessories-- Flogg w/ Power Sword, Plundor with Skeletor's axe, Skeletor w/Faker head. Something about their random nature makes them feel like bonus prizes.

More of everything!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I feel like by voting I misunderstood the nature of the question.

Do I like Weapons packs, regardless of what's in them? Yes
    Do I absolutely love characters like the 2 packs, Marlena, & Trapjaw because they specifically can be multiple figures? Yes
    Do I have any interest in random coloured weapons specifically just for display options? No
    Do I love the random pack ins to expand our collection and item list, for instance the Skeletor Filmation axe or Sword of the Ancients? Yes
    Would I like Weapons packs if they didnt offer at least some specific "Hole Fixers" like a Stand for Zoar or Netossa's Sword? No

so overall I like when the items incuded have a specific idea in mind, even if it's up to us to decide if we want to use them for such, rather than just "random non-related variants" I like variants I have a use for, and random stuff works if i can find a use for at least half of it.

I would like some extra accessories as spares without repaints honstly. Like extra red bird stands and extra books. Also an extra Teela shield in the same color as the original. An extra purple Skeletor Ax would be nice too.

I have no idea what this poll is actually asking. The wording of it is very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I have no idea what this poll is actually asking. The wording of it is very strange.
    Do you want more recolored Weapons from Weapons Packs or pack ins or not.... Otherwise you for just keeping the basic weapons that come with figures only and nothing else extra.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Do you want more recolored Weapons from Weapons Packs or pack ins or not.... Otherwise you for just keeping the basic weapons that come with figures only and nothing else extra.
    I think the wording was a bit vague for what's being asked. I mean, there are accessories that some characters are incomplete without, like Bow having a bow. Then there are the extra Filmation accessories, which are fun and cool, then there's a green repaint of a Power Sword, that I can do without. I guess it depends on the accessory. I want more accessories, swords, maces, whatever, but I don't care for a neon variant of something we already have. The re-release of the Laser Lot weapons was a good idea, but does anyone really care about Clawful's mace?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I think the wording was a bit vague for what's being asked. I mean, there are accessories that some characters are incomplete without, like Bow having a bow. Then there are the extra Filmation accessories, which are fun and cool, then there's a green repaint of a Power Sword, that I can do without. I guess it depends on the accessory. I want more accessories, swords, maces, whatever, but I don't care for a neon variant of something we already have. The re-release of the Laser Lot weapons was a good idea, but does anyone really care about Clawful's mace?
    I take it, does anyone want new and recolored weapons in addition to what the figures come with, or just the Accessories that the figures come with only, I don't see it being too vague. It's an in general question, not for specifics, do you like and want them or not.

Sure there are a lot of crap in a Weapons pack that I don't want or need, which is why I don't own the first 2 packs for what people want for them now, I bought the Faker stuff for a good price, and someday I'll buy the Blue He-Man stuff from the other one. There's a lot from the new one I could have seriously lived without, but the one with Drago's stuff, I loved that one, that was my favorite pack. But on the other side of the coin, there is crap that comes with the figures that I'll never have a use for. So as a general question that was asked....yes, I do want more misc weapons and accessories.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 9, 2013 at 02:17pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I love that this line includes different accessories.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I voted for things like Magenta Faker stuff, because it makes sense. It's from the card back, and it should have the same paint apps that skeletors armor or Fakers orange armor would have.Green Clawfull maces, and "gold" weapons rack weapoons that look more like caramel than gold with no paint apps are not necessary. We still don't even have a full set of weapons rack weapons in the weathered steel deco because of the MAn-e-weapons that came with it, and castle Grayskull is almost here. Teela's shield in blue for Evil Lyn, doesn't even match with her blue colors, and in fact clashes with her. These things need to be executed much better. It's not that hard to do these things, there is a thread full of stuff that makes sense right here. Doing things that are fan demanded and doing them poorly (ie no paint apps and nonmatching tones) is not acceptable either.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I have used accessories I don't feel are essential to trade for Eternian Guards, Shadow Beasts, blank bucks for my Vykron armor, and partially towards a wind raider. I use maybe one out of every six weapons for actual posing, and the rest I eventually trade off, so while I don't personally want any extras, I do appreciate the occasional trade fodder.

Heroic Warrior
    They need to make a artifakts pak.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Very important! Needs MATTY to continue making the Weapons Pack!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I prefer the new pieces in the paks that aren't repaints...Draego-Man's weapons, Horde Prime's staff, etc. AND I like the repaints that make sense, like Laser Lot's weapons. Random repaints are of little use to me, but I'm also not one to pose my figures in a giant battle scene where things like that might be useful, so... I think it really depends on how you display your collection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    They need to make a artifakts pak.

Ooooh, yes....

Yes I want more Weapons Paks, but they have to be in sensible, useful colours. No more lime green He-Man accessories.

At the very least I want all of the missing Castle Grayskull silver weapons - all 5 of the red Weapons Rack accessories recoloured, plus the spiked ball with chain from the vintage cardboard CG weapons stand.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I love accessories! The more the better!

I would KILL for a FILMation Weapons-pack!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Court Magician
    I'm all for extra accessories, as long as they make sense. If it is just a weapon with a different color that doesn't even match anyone who actually uses it, I don't see the point. But most of the stuff I see is pretty cool.
    Looking to buy mustached mat arms head
    Zoar from Teela
    And Hordak's crossbow

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I want more stuff for sure. With my extras, and variants, it just makes it that much better.

I love extras and accessories, but I don't like "toy colored" accessories. I know that makes no sense, so let me explain. I love that Jitsu came with all the gear he came with, but I don't like the orange Skittles color. So I display him with Grizzlor's long sword.

Some swords look good in candy colors. The purple Skeletor sword is pretty great. The orange and violet Faker and Adam swords are turrible. Wun-Dar's sword looks great because it has the black hilt but a metal-looking blade. I display Scare Glow and Whiplash with Weapons Pack repaints of their weapons because they actually look like weapons.

I love accessories; I have a huge hoard of them. I have them sorted in different bags. Powerswords in one, unpowerswords in another, axes in another, bashers, boppers, and other blunt bludegeons in yet another. A huge bag of staves, wands, polearms, and other weapons of mass destruction. Bring 'em on, I want 'em all. But I want them looking like weapons, not like molded Starburst chews!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted 'more matching stuff,' but in all honesty I want accessories for these figures that are completely original, which is why I've been snatching up any scale-appropriate cutlery that strikes my fancy!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    More accessories are never a bad thing. I wouldn't buy them all but having them out there is not something I would be against.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I am only interested in as many accessories as a figure can carry. This means I am usually happy with the stuff a figure comes with anyway. Everything else will just end up in a box since I do not want to have lots of loose items on my display shelf. The only extras I care for are heads since those give me a greater chance of ending up with my personal perfect version of a figure.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

My rule is that if the weapon/accesorie appeared in media then its fine.if its some of the new junk they have stuck in with the figure then in the box of crap it goes. The box is pretty full after all these yeats of them trying to be inventive