View Poll Results: Would You Buy Meteorbs If They Were Released For MOTUC?

Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah, I Love Them!!!

52 22.22%
  • No Way, I Hate Them!!!

80 34.19%
  • Maybe, If They Turn Out Good!!!

46 19.66%
  • Yes, Because I Trust The Four Horsemen!!!

32 13.68%
  • If They Are Released, I'm Quitting MOTUC!!!

4 1.71%
  • Meteorbs? I've Never Even Heard Of Them?

4 1.71%
  • I'd Rather But Porta Potty Orko!!!

8 3.42%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

8 3.42%

Thread: Meteorbs In MOTUC?

Hybrid View

Meteorbs In MOTUC?

The Meteorbs are obviously a touchy subject with fans. Even a lot of the vintage diehards refuse to acknowledge their existence in MOTU.

Would You Buy Meteorbs If They Were Released For MOTUC?

NOTE: The one option should read "I'd Rather BUY Porta Potty Orko!!!"
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 20, 2011 at 03:58pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

transforming rocks. reminds me of the movie Big when a guy presents a robot that can transform into a building and hanks is like, "what fun is a building? it just sits there"

I never had them as a kid and they just scream 80's cheese(back when it seemed like everything turned into a robot), but I'd love to get them for MOTUC(although I'm sure we won't since even NA & POP seems to have been left until the line's last remaining years).

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    transforming rocks. reminds me of the movie Big when a guy presents a robot that can transform into a building and hanks is like, "what fun is a building? it just sits there"
    I understand your point and thought the same thing about the Rock Lords as a kid(I had left MOTU before the Meterorbs were released), but if you think about it, Megatron, one of the most popular Transformers ever, used to be a small handgun that someone else would have to shoot(at least in some media). At least the Meteorbs(and Rock Lords) are shown to be able to fly through the air of their own volition. I'd rather risk a bullet wound than a giant rock falling on me.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I never had them as a kid and they just scream 80's cheese(back when it seemed like everything turned into a robot), but I'd love to get them for MOTUC(although I'm sure we won't since even NA & POP seems to have been left until the line's last remaining years).

I understand your point and thought the same thing about the Rock Lords as a kid(I had left MOTU before the Meterorbs were released), but if you think about it, Megatron, one of the most popular Transformers ever, used to be a small handgun that someone else would have to shoot(at least in some media). At least the Meteorbs(and Rock Lords) are shown to be able to fly through the air of their own volition. I'd rather risk a bullet wound than a giant rock falling on me.
    i guess, but a gun sounds like a lot more fun to play with than a rock.

i remember having rock lords as a kid and when they were in rock form they didn't do anything. it was just a disguise. not like a car which can then be driven. anyway, it just made me think of that movie.

as for these, i'd probably skip them as i have zero memory of them and thus no attachment.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I voted yes, if they were MOTU I want the in MOTUC.
    I also had 4 of them in my childhood, so I feel nostalgic affection toward them.

I wants me some Meteorbs!!!!!!!

Yes, they are 80's Cheese, but they are 80's Cheese at its BEST!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

i guess, but a gun sounds like a lot more fun to play with than a rock.
    You do have a point there. I never really thought about playing with the robot's transformed disguise. Playing with rocks when you are a kid is never fun whether they are real or made of plastic.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I voted "Maybe", cause I try to never say never, but the 4HM would have to do something REALLY cool to make me interested, and even then I'd probably only get 1 or 2.

So, really "probably not" is my answer

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I think of the exact same thing when it comes to the Meteorbs and the Rocklords knock-offs, Stondar and Rokkon.

Tom Hanks character was still a kid so he didn't see the toy with distorted Nostalgia goggles on, he used the common sense approach to how fun playing with a building would be.

As a kid, I liked throwing rocks at the train and into the water ever now and then but I wouldn't ask my parents to buy me a packaged rock toy, even if it was a pet rock.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    I still think the Meteorbs are viable as little pack ins with other figures. They don't' have to be huge really, but I'd love to have a little comet cat, or Tuskor with one of my figures, instead of ANOTHER weapon. They are actual characters who you can display WITH the masters, unlike a bunch of extra weapons (yes I know there's a weapons rack now), which will ultimately be put in a drawer cause the figure can't hold all of them, or they look silly with them.

And I have to say, all the hate certain people are having for them is just silly! I get that you don't want to have them as subscription figures, but do you really HATE them? I personally don't like or want Glimmer, or madam raz, or ANY vehicles at all. But you know what, there are people who do, and I totally get that for me to get figures I want, there's going to be some I don't want in there, and that's fine with me. If I have to buy Glimmer, madam Raz and a ? Road Ripper?, then so be it, it's a means to an end.

So just calm down, stroke your tytus's long pre molded hair, and let me enjoy a Gore-illa in the 21st century.

Maybe, but i'd have to see them first. At the moment they are easily my least wanted vintage toys.

A pass for me. I don't hate them but i'm not fond of them either.

I really hope that the Meteorbs get the MOTUC treatment.

I'd happily buy them all!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I hope they get made for the people who want 'em, but I'm definitely not one of the people who want 'em, and I won't be picking any at all up if they're produced.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    no way will i buy any. didnt like them then. there are so many better things to come for motuc!

they're hideous and not deserving of figures.