View Poll Results: Would You Buy Meteorbs If They Were Released For MOTUC?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah, I Love Them!!!

57 23.65%
  • No Way, I Hate Them!!!

80 33.20%
  • Maybe, If They Turn Out Good!!!

48 19.92%
  • Yes, Because I Trust The Four Horsemen!!!

32 13.28%
  • If They Are Released, I'm Quitting MOTUC!!!

4 1.66%
  • Meteorbs? I've Never Even Heard Of Them?

4 1.66%
  • I'd Rather But Porta Potty Orko!!!

8 3.32%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

8 3.32%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meteorbs In MOTUC?

I don't particularly care for them and this would be an example where the design and bio would sell me on the product.

As of right now, I don't get/understand them, their role, are they sentient(?) like I understand Stonedar and Rokkon(who I like - but never had).

This thread has got me thinking of a few concepts for them though, so thanks for jumpstarting the ole imagination.
    Oh, I voted "Maybe"
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Maybe if they're well handled (or radically transformed) they can be acceptable inside the MOTUC line, even cool. The fanarts of the Raw portraying them as warriors with normal MOTUC bodies are quite cool.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    ill take all 10

I did like the Meteorbs back in the eighties, but not all of them. I wouldn't get a Cometroid even if they were handing him out for free
    Unless they would come in an assortment, like a boxed set for the heroic orbs and another set for the evil ones ... but they better not come displayed in egg-form

I'm sad to think about them though, since my Orbear fell recently and his orb shattered completely

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    transforming rocks. reminds me of the movie Big when a guy presents a robot that can transform into a building and hanks is like, "what fun is a building? it just sits there"
    I think of the exact same thing when it comes to the Meteorbs and the Rocklords knock-offs, Stondar and Rokkon.

Tom Hanks character was still a kid so he didn't see the toy with distorted Nostalgia goggles on, he used the common sense approach to how fun playing with a building would be.

As a kid, I liked throwing rocks at the train and into the water ever now and then but I wouldn't ask my parents to buy me a packaged rock toy, even if it was a pet rock.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    I still think the Meteorbs are viable as little pack ins with other figures. They don't' have to be huge really, but I'd love to have a little comet cat, or Tuskor with one of my figures, instead of ANOTHER weapon. They are actual characters who you can display WITH the masters, unlike a bunch of extra weapons (yes I know there's a weapons rack now), which will ultimately be put in a drawer cause the figure can't hold all of them, or they look silly with them.

And I have to say, all the hate certain people are having for them is just silly! I get that you don't want to have them as subscription figures, but do you really HATE them? I personally don't like or want Glimmer, or madam raz, or ANY vehicles at all. But you know what, there are people who do, and I totally get that for me to get figures I want, there's going to be some I don't want in there, and that's fine with me. If I have to buy Glimmer, madam Raz and a ? Road Ripper?, then so be it, it's a means to an end.

So just calm down, stroke your tytus's long pre molded hair, and let me enjoy a Gore-illa in the 21st century.

Maybe, but i'd have to see them first. At the moment they are easily my least wanted vintage toys.

A pass for me. I don't hate them but i'm not fond of them either.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I'd definitely be in for Meteorbs. Never had them as a kid but they'd look really cool now.

not a chance...kust look at how confused poor skeletor looks!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    No way.....Easy pass...

Heroic Warrior
    God those are awful! Man I voted Yes I trust the Four Horsemen..... That was probably a bad vote. These things are like Easter eggs come alive.... how could I forget how lame these were?

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I don't really need any Meteorbs in MotUC - I'd rather prefer to see the Rock People (Rokkon, Stonedar and it was great if there was a Granita released, too) in the line.

I normally trust the Horsemen to make anything look good, but the only way to make these toys attractive is by not being even the slightest bit faithful to the original toys, and then what's the point? Nothing they could do would make me want these plastic abortions, but if others really want them, I do hope they make it into the line (they just won't get my money for them).
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I don't hate them but I certainly wouldn't buy them. I don't even consider them apart of the vintage line.

Ya know...if they are done right...I think they could be pretty cool. Think of the Voltron Lions... Those are "animals" that change into basically square shapes...so why not "eggs?"

(For the record, I hated the Meteorbs...but I am keeping an open mind about them in MOTUC)

Snappy Threader
    Im not sure, because I cant even say "if done right" because I'm not sure what "done right" would mean for Meteorbs.....

As someone who had the entire collection back then (except for Megator and Tytus) I had every single one of the Meteorbs and only because it was He-man related. Now as much as a I am someone who would devour everything He-Man, I really do not want time and money wasted on this. And just think of it this way (which could make some great beast sku's) you HAVE to scale them a whole lot bigger than they were to make me actually consider them...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

If they were made for the line I would love to have them!!!! As a kid when I collected all the toys in MOTU, they were not just pets they acted of there own accord and were, as stated part of the MOTU line each sold seperately! Yeah they all changed into rocks, actually meteors that fly through the universe! If they were done, then it would most likely make sense, if kept in there original size, to make two 10 packs. We all know that this line has no real action features, so make the figure and it's meteor form. Or make 2 five packs that is just the figure! As some other's have mentioned they could also allow the 4HM create a newly scaled figure for each and do the earlier mentioned pack ideas! IMO they are as much a part of MOTU as any one else, EXCEPT Orko!

What if, as the FFM are with vehicles, the Meteorbs were created as new figures based on their designs?

In any event, I want them!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I only want the cat ones with re-used battle cat parts or gorilla with gy-gor parts

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I would definitely pass on them.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I wouldn't mind seeing Comet Cat make the line as a pack-in.

In a line that is pretty inclusive of all incarnations I'd say why not. I've never been an NA fan but I like the way they have been included in the line, and I think the Horsemen could do a great job making the Meteorbs equally cool. That said they are probably a lower priority to me than anything else. But if the line some how manages to go another 5+ years then I would absolutely hope for them to be included.

It's part of the vintage collection, so bring them on! I have no doubt that the 4H would make any one of them look completely incredible. And, I am guessing once they show a couple, anyone that didn't like they or was on the fence about buying them would change their minds...the Four Horsemen are just that good.

I can see these being sold as five 2-packs (one good and one bad Meteorb in a pack), sold over the next 3 years. OR, held until a year when there is no sub and sold as a 10-pack SDCC exclusive.

I'd personally love it if the size of each Meteorb related to the beast they are supposed to be, in scale with the standard figures. So, Rhinorb would be the equivalent size of a Rhino, Astro-Lion would be the size of a lion, Croco-Bite would be the size of a crocodile, Dino-sorb would be the size of a "smaller" Brontosaurus, etc.