View Poll Results: Are You Going To Buy MOTUC King Hiss?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Both Of His Forms Are Great!!!

49 44.95%
  • Yes, I Love His Human Form!!!

25 22.94%
  • Yes, I Love His Snake Form!!!

0 0%
  • Yes, But Only Because I Love The Character!!!

1 0.92%
  • Yes, But Only Because I'm A Completist!!!

1 0.92%
  • Yes, But I'm Disappointed He Isn't Based On His 2002 Design!!!

0 0%
  • Yes, But I'm Disappointed In Him!!!

0 0%
  • Yes, But I'm Disappointed In His Human Form!!!

0 0%
  • Yes, But I'm Disappointed In His Snake Form!!!

18 16.51%
  • No, Both Of His Forms Are Awful!!!

2 1.83%
  • No, I Hate His Human Form!!!

0 0%
  • No, I Hate His Snake Form!!!

1 0.92%
  • No, I Hate King Hiss!!!

1 0.92%
  • No, I Hate His Vintage Design!!!

4 3.67%
  • I'm Undecided!!!

2 1.83%
  • Why Doesn't Mattel Spell "Hiss" Right???

2 1.83%
  • Cobra Kai Never Die!!!

0 0%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

3 2.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are You Going To Buy MOTUC King Hiss?

Are You Going To Buy MOTUC King Hiss?

There seem to be a lot of people unhappy with the Masters Of The Universe Classics' King Hiss. Some dislike him due to his snake form and some hate him because he is based on his vintage design. How do you feel on the subject?

Are You Going To Buy MOTUC King Hiss?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    A resounding YES!

He's Superb! I cant belive how awesome this years line up is already!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I chose Yes, But I'm Disappointed In His Snake Form!!!

Still getting him--two in fact because I don't want to wear down the torso peg when switching forms. Although he's my least liked King Hssss version out of this version, the MYP Hssss and the Bruce Timm Maskless Hssss, the 4H did such a great job on that smirking headsculpt.

I'll display human Hssss.

That gawdawful snake form is terrible! Toyguru, 4H--if you're reading this, the Earl Norem snake form needs to happen!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 21, 2011 at 09:27am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Still getting him--two in fact because I don't want to wear down the torso peg when switching forms. Although he's my least liked King Hssss version out of this version, the MYP Hssss and the Bruce Timm Maskless Hssss, the 4H did such a great job on that smirking headsculpt.

I'll display human Hssss.

That gawdawful snake form is terrible! Toyguru, 4H--if you're reading this, the Earl Norem snake form needs to happen!
    I'm curious as to why you would buy 2 of him if you hate the snake form so much. I actually like it and I'm still not going to display him with it(although, due to my subscriptions, I guess I'm getting 2 of him as well)?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm curious as to why you would buy 2 of him if you hate the snake form so much. I actually like it and I'm still not going to display him with it(although, due to my subscriptions, I guess I'm getting 2 of him as well)?
    I would only get one Hssss if there wasn't a possibility of the torso peg wearing down.

While I don't like the job the 4H did on those snakes, they are the only snakes we have until better versions come along. If the fans are successful in getting Mattel to make more King Hssss variants with better snakes, then I'll replace the terrible snakes with the good ones.

I plan ahead when buying MOTUC. I got an extra Battle Cat that's waiting for Battle Lion to come out, so I can make 200X Battle Cat. I also got an extra Teela that's waiting for a blonde head that I assumed was going to be a TRU repaint (I'll have to get another Teela to put Battleground Teela's head onto).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

My plan has always been to get him, keep him in human form and stick snake form in a votive holder or something to that effect.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm a little disappointed with the snake form, but I absolutely LOVE the human form. Can't wait to get him! That Snake Men sticker is awesome too! 2nd to the Evil Horde one!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

I think both forms of King Hiss are amazing!!

I'll be getting him for sure.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I voted "other."

I think Classics King Hsss is a great figure - but I'm just not collecting the Snake Men. =)

Of course I'm going to get Hiss and not just because he's part of the subscription but because he ranks up high in terms of my favorite characters.

Of the 2011 reveals so far, he's my second favorite character reveal after Vikor.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Oh yeah. Put me down for 2. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the snake half I think overall he looks great.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

2 of them. best hsss ever made!
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I love this character, so of course I'm getting him! I had the vintage version when I was a kid, but I never had the 200x version, so I don't have the same fondness that some fans do, despite being a fan of the MYP cartoon.
    I've already pre-ordered my King Hsss, because I don't want to miss out on March 15, and I'm way too impatient to wait until April 1st, lol!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Yes I am - because I'm a completist and because I have two subs.

The new version looks great (a vast improvement over the clunky original, and the cartoony 200x one), and personally, I'm a little bemused at the criticisms over his snake form (not quite sure what people were expecting, especially in a vintage-orientated line).

I'm not a Snake Man fan, but I'll welcome him into my collection; the completist / sub thing is my main reason, but he does look pretty good.

~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'm getting him because his human form is great. I do think the snake form is terrible and I probably won't display him with it. On the other hand the snake form on both the vintage and 200x toys is also terrible so I guess it doesn't phase me much. It would be cool if they release a "Preternia"(200X design) Hiss down the line with an improved snake form, but I'm content with this release.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Superb human form, snake form is fine, but I'll not display him as such anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Toyguru, 4H--if you're reading this, the Earl Norem snake form needs to happen!

http://i29.tinypic.com/wh5j7.jpg
    All designs should be based on Earl Norem artwork.

I like the vintage design, but of course if it could look like the vintage artwork here - it would be amazing!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Yes, but only because his human form is exactly what I want from any version of Hiss. The snake form needs some work, but I'll take what we get.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Yes, but I'm disappointed with his snake form. I wish the mouths on the 'arm' snakes were open, that he had the 6th snake around the neck, and that his main snake head was on a swivel so it could turn.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of Hssss's though and trying my hand at customizing to at least add the 6th snake around the neck.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yes, I will buy him, I do like both forms but I like his human form more than his snake form.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Earl Norem paintings are noteworthy works of art. His snake form is the best. Check out his other works at: http://www.earlnorem.com/motugallerypage.html

I choose other. I like his vintage human form, not his snake form so much. I was considering getting him anyways, but March is an expensive toy month for me. Hiss loses out this time, but I can always get him on the re-release.

Heck yessssss I'll buy him! I have a sub anyhow.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I have two subs but I want him anyway.

I never liked the Snake Men and was not eager to see them in MOTUC. Having said that, I love MOTUC King Hiss in both his snake & human form. He might be one of my favorite characters in this line. I'm now open to seeing more of them in MOTUC.

JOIN THE GROUP...