Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Preternia/Powers of Grayskull discussion

who's who in preternia?

I'm just wondering who all the major and minor players are in preternia. Here's a list of who I know. Who else is there?

1. King grayskull
    2. He-ro
    3. Gray
    4. Veena
    5. Hordak and the horde
    6. Snakemen
    7. Tytus
    8. Megator
    9. The oracle
    10. Eldor
    11. The council of elders
    12. Moss man
    13. Green goddess
    14. Evil seed?
    15. Count marzo?
    16. The four dinosaurs
    17. Mantisaur?
    18. The faceless one
    19. Battle lion

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Both Zodac and Zodak.

Possibly Keldor, but that's never been really confirmed.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

You forgot about Karak Nul.

Maybe Demoman before he is defeated and his spirit trapped on Despondos waiting for a new body...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    You forgot about Karak Nul.
    Karak Nul was between Preternia and present time, as was Wun-Dar.

May Be Horde Prime also ?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The title of this sounds like a trendy magazine article.

Who wants to make a trendy article with pictures of the Preternian characters?! That would be awesome.

Just to add to the first post:

Evil Dino Reptillian Kingdom (unless they change that for MOTUC).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Gray wasn`t there because he doesn`t exist in MOTUC, and I believe they will add Keldor to the Preternian roster becuase he was supposed to be the main adversary on POG had it gone ahead back in the 80`s
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Karak Nul was between Preternia and present time, as was Wun-Dar.
    The closest thing to preternia stated in Scareglows bio was the "in life" but it doesn`t say when he lived, he could have died the day before the bio was written
    Last edited by adam03; March 10, 2010 at 04:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Gray wasn`t there because he doesn`t exist in MOTUC, and I believe they will add Keldor to the Preternian roster becuase he was supposed to be the main adversary on POG had it gone ahead back in the 80`s
    The closest thing to preternia stated in Scareglows bio was the "in life" but it doesn`t say when he lived, he could have died the day before the bio was written
    They could do this:

- Have him travel to the past and be trained by Hordak and get powerful, etc.
    - Return to present day
    - Battles with Captain Randor/acid bath happens
    - Gets bound to Demo-man () and becomes Skeletor
    - Hordak comes to Eternia again (somehow) and they kidnap Adora
    - Banished to Despondos...again

I don't know. I'm getting a bit confused as Hordak is everywhere and keeps getting trapped/freed.

I hope our subscription map comes with a timeline!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    They could do this:

- Have him travel to the past and be trained by Hordak and get powerful, etc.
    - Return to present day
    - Battles with Captain Randor/acid bath happens
    - Gets bound to Demo-man () and becomes Skeletor
    - Hordak comes to Eternia again (somehow) and they kidnap Adora
    - Banished to Despondos...again

I don't know. I'm getting a bit confused as Hordak is everywhere and keeps getting trapped/freed.

I hope our subscription map comes with a timeline!
    This could totally work as long as his acid bath took place before the Adam and Adora were born, and this is what I`m hoping for out Keldor`s bio! I loved the idea that Randor had to travel back in time to "Search for Keldor". I`d like Keldor to be the mastermind behind the Snakemen`s Attack on preternia, but this could hinder future events in that Keldor(Skeletor) knew King Grayskull and ould easily put 2 and 2 together. Except for the "Legend: of the He Man, Skelly would have a pretty good idea that there was a bloodline. I`m sure it could be revised enough to sound good though I do too hope we get a timeline on the poster, it would help understand everything

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Waitaminute! You're talking about the classics or the entire MOTU canon?
    Preternia is mostly from the Powers of Grayskull (POG) line, which consists of:

Powers of Grayskull (POG) canon:
    He-Ro
    Gray
    Eldor
    Tytus
    Bionatops
    Turbodactyl
    Gigantisaur
    The Goddess

King Hiss
    Rattlor
    Tung Lashor
    Squeeeeze
    Snake Face
    Tyrantisaurus Rex
    Megator

From the 200X canon:
    King Grayskull
    Veena
    Faceless One
    Moss Man
    The Elders

Zodac was supposedly was around in the time of He-Ro or POG. Zodak came later.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    From the 200X canon:
    King Grayskull
    Veena
    Faceless One
    Moss Man
    The Elders

Good call on Veena and the like. I don't think Faceless One is Preternian though. I mean, he's old...but I would think Wun-Dar old...not King Grayskull old.

Also, Zodac is Zodak's teacher. So...we don't really know when Zodak came into the mix. (If we were having this as a spoken conversation, everyone would think I'm a crazy person because Zodac and Zodak sound the same. ).

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Waitaminute! You're talking about the classics or the entire MOTU canon?
    Preternia is mostly from the Powers of Grayskull (POG) line, which consists of:

Powers of Grayskull (POG) canon:
    He-Ro
    Gray
    Eldor
    Tytus
    Bionatops
    Turbodactyl
    Gigantisaur
    The Goddess

King Hiss
    Rattlor
    Tung Lashor
    Squeeeeze
    Snake Face
    Tyrantisaurus Rex
    Megator

From the 200X canon:
    King Grayskull
    Veena
    Faceless One
    Moss Man
    The Elders

Zodac would have been on King Grayskull`s Councel of Elders at that time and he most likely would have been training Zodak at that time because he left Eternia after King Grayskull`s demise. He was the only counsel member to retain his original human like form after KG`s death.

Good call on Veena and the like. I don't think Faceless One is Preternian though. I mean, he's old...but I would think Wun-Dar old...not King Grayskull old.
    Also, Zodac is Zodak's teacher. So...we don't really know when Zodak came into the mix. (If we were having this as a spoken conversation, everyone would think I'm a crazy person because Zodac and Zodak sound the same. ).
    In 200x The Faceless one was on the Counsel of Wisdom was he not? How old is the Counsel of Wisdom? Emiliano where are you? I wonder if they`ll use that in his MOTUC bio In Vol 3 of the 200X comic he`s seen standing in the same room as He Ro so he could very well Preternian
    Last edited by adam03; March 10, 2010 at 07:37pm.

Zodac would have been on King Grayskull`s Councel of Elders at that time and he most likely would have been training Zodak at that time because he left Eternia after King Grayskull`s demise. He was the only counsel member to retain his original human like form after KG`s death.

In 200x The Faceless one was on the Counsel of Wisdom was he not? How old is the Counsel of Wisdom? Emiliano where are you? I wonder if they`ll use that in his MOTUC bio In Vol 3 of the 200X comic he`s seen standing in the same room as He Ro so he could very well Preternian
    I think in the 200x comics the faceless one and he-ro was on the council, um but he had a face then

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Moss Man

I re-read his biography and he was an ally of King Grayskull, so add Mossy to the list!

Crap! I missed it on the original list...why didn't someone call me on that?!
    Last edited by Larry Waters; March 10, 2010 at 11:13pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Faceless One was around in Preternia? He's Evil Lyn's father. Is he really an immortal?

Yes, Gray does not exist in Classics lore. He-Ro's real name is Ro. (d'oh! - not a fan)

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Faceless One was around in Preternia? He's Evil Lyn's father. Is he really an immortal?

Yes, Gray does not exist in Classics lore. He-Ro's real name is Ro. (d'oh! - not a fan)
    Faceless One was around on Preternia, he was King of a city called Zalecia and was part of the Council of Wisdom. The council turned him into the phantom called the Faceless One as punishment for some bad decisions he made--one of them being that he gave his Havoc staff and infant daughter to a time traveling young Keldor to save her life when his action inadvertently caused Zalecia's destruction.

I'm not Emiliano but I've eaten up every nugget that's been posted on the Council of Wisdom. Yes, they predate the Elders. He-Ro wasn't actually on the Council of Wisdom, he was just an observer because his mentor Eldor was a member.

Still remains to be see how much of this will get used in MOTUC. I don't think we can say for sure Gray isn't a part of MOTUC. He hasn't been mentioned, but if they think they can make a new figure, I think they'll start explaining how he fits in and why he wasn't mentioned before. It may be that unlike He-Man, He-Ro had to create his secret identity. That or, like Adam in NA, he brought a duel identity with him that didn't mean anything to Eternians at first.
    Last edited by gbagok; March 10, 2010 at 10:19pm.

Oh yes. Dur to me. We're not sure what Mattel will do with the Faceless One though.

Oh yes. Dur to me. We're not sure what Mattel will do with the Faceless One though.
    You said it, not me

You said it, not me
    I forgot He-Ro and Eldor were on the Council of Wisdom. Mattel probably won't use any of that though, because it's MVC. So, he might be around only in present-time...or originated in Wun-Dar's time. We have to wait until 2011 to find out.

I forgot He-Ro and Eldor were on the Council of Wisdom. Mattel probably won't use any of that though, because it's MVC. So, he might be around only in present-time...or originated in Wun-Dar's time. We have to wait until 2011 to find out.
    That`s alright, I didn`t remember either until I posted in this thread and had to re check my comics

Zodak was Preternian, as he was the one to ultimately defeat and imprison King Hiss, which, if MOTUC is following MYP, is before Greyskull fell in battle to Hordak. So, he would've been around during He-Ro's/Greyskull's time.

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    Zodak was Preternian, as he was the one to ultimately defeat and imprison King Hiss, which, if MOTUC is following MYP, is before Greyskull fell in battle to Hordak. So, he would've been around during He-Ro's/Greyskull's time.
    I though it was Hordak that took out the Snakemen in Grayskull`s time and they were imprisoned later on by Zodak after KG`s time but before He Man/Adam`s Maybe I need to rewatch my DVD sets again

I though it was Hordak that took out the Snakemen in Grayskull`s time and they were imprisoned later on by Zodak after KG`s time but before He Man/Adam`s Maybe I need to rewatch my DVD sets again
    Zodak definitely banished/imprisoned all the Snakemen...but the Horde defeated them in that massive battle. Remember the painting? I have a picture of it I put together from the episode:

Not sure what happened after this though. It's in the Grayskull episode.

No, you could be right. Zodak went after the Snakemen with the Council of Elders (they were all in spirit form) and that's when he imprisoned them. If the Council were in spirit form (or whatever they became), then it was post-Greyskull's death.

However, it makes me wonder about Hordak actually defeating the Snakemen. Like, if he beat them, why was Zodak the one to imprison them? The Snakemen rose up again once the Horde was banished? Just kind of weird.

Zodak definitely banished/imprisoned all the Snakemen...but the Horde defeated them in that massive battle. Remember the painting? I have a picture of it I put together from the episode:

Not sure what happened after this though. It's in the Grayskull episode.
    Yup, I remember (love that ep). Great job on the pic, too.

I still think Zodak may be considered Preternian, though, with his connection to Zodac, as his pupil. Zodac retained his human form and left to become a Cosmic Enforcer after Greyskull died, right? Leaving Zodak in his place. Or am I way off here?
    Last edited by sephron13; March 11, 2010 at 03:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost