Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official Preternia/Powers of Grayskull discussion

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The Goddess isn't PoG, she's a prefilmation character. She may have operated in ancient times, but the cosmic enforcers and Moss Man aren't PoG either, so it pretty much seems to be dead people from KG's era that get put in the PoG era with a sticker.
    Tytus came after the Zodacks, Moss Man & Goddess, is unquestionably PoG and didn't get a sticker because they hadn't yet decided to do PoG stickers (He-Ro's in the same boat), and wouldn't until KG v2 came around.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    its was written on the motuc bio i recall for the Webstor figure.
    I just meant I wasn't sure if MYP said anything about Webstor being ancient or not first. His MOTUC bio does say he was awakened from hibernation, but it doesn't say how long he was sleeping. It could have been since Preternia or it could have been for 3 months.

What one considers POG or Preternia is really up to the particular fan. If you just go by what Mattel had originally intended for the line, it would just be He-Ro, Eldor, Tytus, Megator, the dinosaurs, and the Snake Men. If you go by the MOTUC bios, it's either every character who was alive during the time of He-ro & King Grayskull or just the characters whose entire lives happened during Preternia(if Moss Man & The Goddess were alive before Preternia, do they even count?).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 24, 2011 at 01:05pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The Goddess isn't PoG, she's a prefilmation character. She may have operated in ancient times, but the cosmic enforcers and Moss Man aren't PoG either, so it pretty much seems to be dead people from KG's era that get put in the PoG era with a sticker. Although PD He-Man gets a pass I guess.
    Webstor isn't ancient. His bio says he's from an ancient race, not that he himself is ancient.
    Gy-Gor is part of Skeletor's evil warriors, he wasn't made to be an ancient warrior in the new line so he's not PoG.
    In MOTUC, as Reboot pointed out, the Cosmic Warriors and Moss Man were around in King Grayskull's time.

My initial query was how Mattel was handling PoG. Preternia and Prefilmation were eras but it seemed to me that anything before Adam was being identified as PoG, almost like its own subline in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Lots to take in! OK, well here's what I consider to be the PoG MOTUC line so far...

- He-Ro (hoping to get a sticker for him soon)
    - King Grayskull
    - The Goddess
    - Vikor
    - Preternia He-Man
    - Tytus
    - Megator

and possibly the Battleground Teela...?

I don't personally see Wun-Dar as part of PoG, but each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Tytus came after the Zodacks, Moss Man & Goddess, is unquestionably PoG and didn't get a sticker because they hadn't yet decided to do PoG stickers (He-Ro's in the same boat), and wouldn't until KG v2 came around.
    I'm aware of the sticker situation. I'm certain none of those characters would get a PoG sticker if re-released. I can understand why someone would put a sticker on their Goddess figure, but she's alive and has been in every era throughout time, not just preternia.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    In MOTUC, as Reboot pointed out, the Cosmic Warriors and Moss Man were around in King Grayskull's time.
    I guess I didn't make myself clear here. I never said they weren't in KG's time, I said they weren't PoG characters. They live in the present, not exclusively in the past.
    PoG = Preternia
    Preternia = 5000 years ago

Why would anyone before Adam--which is pretty much every character--be a "PoG" character? That's like saying Billy the Kid was part of the Roman Republic.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The Goddess isn't PoG, she's a prefilmation character. She may have operated in ancient times
    They changed that in their new cannon basically by making her Sharella, who was definitely part of POG from the old days. So from that perspective, she's a totally different character from the min-comic version, just as Filmation's versions are different form the early minis.

It all depends on what cannon you, personally, follow.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Since it seems Zodac was around in preternia times,did he align himself with King Grayskull & He-Ro? Or was he neutral? I'm trying to decide where to display him once I get him. Thanks

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Since it seems Zodac was around in preternia times,did he align himself with King Grayskull & He-Ro? Or was he neutral? I'm trying to decide where to display him once I get him. Thanks
    I think Zodak was around in Preternia times and was more of a 1 man team after his brother was eaten, but as for Zodac i think he was more in prince adams era of eternia.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I think Zodak was around in Preternia times and was more of a 1 man team after his brother was eaten, but as for Zodac i think he was more in prince adams era of eternia.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector
    Once a member of Eternia’s Council of Elders, Zodac® chose to retain his human form and left Eternia® after Grayskull’s demise. Finding peace among the stars, Zodac® was recruited by the Overlords of Trolla™ to become a Cosmic Enforcer™, beings tasked with maintaining neutrality throughout the universe. Although he no longer calls Eternia® home, the constant struggle over the Power Sword® has often called him back to his native planet to maintain the eternal balance between good and evil.
    Zodac was around with the original Council of Elders before leaving Eternia, so he was around in Grayskull's day.