Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MattyCollector is always out of MotUC,should they make more?

Court Magician

MattyCollector is always out of MotUC,should they make more?

I've been curious, and checked out Mattycollector.com's site every now and then for MotUC-window shopping. And they're always out of basically everything!

Now would it make more sense to increase the amounts of MotUC figures they're selling, or am I missing a point here?

Also, as a sidenote, I think Matty is greatly underestimating the interest from Europe & outside the US. The vintage He-man line remained hugely popular in Europe at least, untill 1989.

The way that Mattycollectors does business is the issue here. When it comes to the MOTUC figures most barely last the 1st day of sales. Yes it would make more sense to increase the amouunts of the figures for the people who come late. As far as the outside of the US they are able to buy almost anything the only things that they have not been able to is if the items have electroincs because the some more requirements need for that and they do not want to spend the extra money to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    As far as the outside of the US they are able to buy almost anything the only things that they have not been able to is if the items have electroincs because the some more requirements need for that and they do not want to spend the extra money to make sure.
    Things seem to have changed in this regard. I was able to get SDCC Voltron (with electronics in the box) and then this month Matty was shipping the Ghostbusters trap outside the US.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PaavoGold View Post
    I've been curious, and checked out Mattycollector.com's site every now and then for MotUC-window shopping. And they're always out of basically everything!

Now would it make more sense to increase the amounts of MotUC figures they're selling, or am I missing a point here?

Also, as a sidenote, I think Matty is greatly underestimating the interest from Europe & outside the US. The vintage He-man line remained hugely popular in Europe at least, untill 1989.
    Yes, you're missing the point that Mattel is gonna produce lower quantities and is not going to release second issues. Very nice, isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    Yes, you're missing the point that Mattel is gonna produce lower quantities and is not going to release second issues. Very nice, isn't?
    even nicer : price increase

Quote Originally Posted by Morbebanur View Post
    The way that Mattycollectors does business is the issue here. When it comes to the MOTUC figures most barely last the 1st day of sales. Yes it would make more sense to increase the amouunts of the figures for the people who come late. As far as the outside of the US they are able to buy almost anything the only things that they have not been able to is if the items have electroincs because the some more requirements need for that and they do not want to spend the extra money to make sure.
    and for what we've been through i say figures lasting a day is a bless. Remember the couple of minutes sell out with no chance of wining the wsod ?

lately, figures do seem to be hanging around a little longer (anything after day 1 is considered a peg-warmer ) which is cool ...

but having said that, it only takes an "a-lister" to bring us back to the super fast sell-outs ... and i am guessing the sorceress will be the next one to fly out of stock super fast ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaavoGold View Post

You're new to this whole MOTUC world, aren't you?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

ordering issues seem to have calmed down a bit too ... from personal experience the whole ordering process runs a lot smoother and there are less wsod instances happening ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    and for what we've been through i say figures lasting a day is a bless. Remember the couple of minutes sell out with no chance of wining the wsod ?
    Of course, it is sad that we have to be excited about figures lasting a day when Matty originally said the ideal lasting time was about two or three weeks.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

No way! Increased sales & visibility would kill teh lien!!

Mattel shareholders would riot!

Fans could shop without stress!

"Mad-Matty-Monday" would not exist!

Digital River would implode!

What an incredible notion.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Sarcasm registered and I have the results: a success!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    It's all about the subs. Matty hates cherry pickers.

Going to a product page to purchase highly popular products? Not possible with good 'ol Mattel. If something doesn't sell out within 2 hours, Mattel considers it a failure.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Out of curiosity, do you go to Wal-Mart or Target looking for Wave 1 of Marvel Legends since they should be available forever?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you go to Wal-Mart or Target looking for Wave 1 of Marvel Legends since they should be available forever?
    No, but K-Mart seems to have a lot of old discontinued stuff... I recently bought a DCSH Mongul from K-Mart...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    My friend, Cooper, is having the same experience. I met up with him at Power-Con and he is full blown back in love with all things He-Man. He went to mattycollector to order a bunch of figures and was annoyed that everything is sold out. I told him to keep his eyes peeled so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    My friend, Cooper, is having the same experience. I met up with him at Power-Con and he is full blown back in love with all things He-Man. He went to mattycollector to order a bunch of figures and was annoyed that everything is sold out. I told him to keep his eyes peeled so we'll see what happens.
    Best go to ebay or people on this forum. Otherwise he'll be dead before he gets any dolls from Matty.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

They're not dolls. They're action figures.

They're not dolls. They're action figures.
    "In my canon", they're dolls.

From Wikipedia (the Be All & End All):

"A doll is a model of a human being, often used as a toy for children. Dolls have traditionally been used in magic and religious rituals throughout the world, and traditional dolls made of materials like clay and wood are found in the Americas, Asia, Africa and Europe. The earliest documented dolls go back to the ancient civilizations of Egypt, Greece and Rome.... With industrialization and the appearance of new materials like porcelain and plastic, dolls were increasingly mass produced. During the 20th century dolls became increasingly popular as collectibles."

"The term "action figure" was first coined by Hasbro in 1964, to market their G.I. Joe figure to boys who wouldn't play with dolls."

DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL DOLL !!!

I guess if having less to sell is the only thing keeping this line alive, I'm fine with it. Especially because secondary markets are so full of them, I can only imagine that the sell outs are due in large part to those secondary sellers. Because no figure that sold out cannot be found in spades on Ebay.

But I wonder if it could support an "in stock" situation. I still think that while the line is very successful, in it's way, it's actually a vanity line, and isn't makeing much more money in profit than it costs to make. Just enough to make it worthwhile, but no where near worth making if Toyguru or Mattel didnt love and respect this property.

I feel it has to be this way. I certainly would rather fast sell outs, or straight up subs, than the line failing. Again, I can always find a figure online. I'm not saying it's worth it to pay more, but eventually they'll come down, or I just dont want it.

Caution is key. I think they are riding the wave of demand. And since it went down it's clearly not that important to have alot availible for a long time. They may never sell.

And again, if having basically no back up product on hand means the line continues, then so be it. I think they could get away with having a large back stock, and let it be on sale for quite a while. But then I am no buisness major.

Snappy Threader
    I think it would be cool if they had them all available all the time, for those of us who are missing some...but I understand the costs would rise and outprice many of us.

It wouldn't make sense for them to constantly produce every figure from 2008 til now. No toyline does that.

The only sensible thing would be to have the original He-Man and Skeletor always up, maybe a Battle Cat so new collectors can get a start.

It wouldn't make sense for them to constantly produce every figure from 2008 til now. No toyline does that.

The only sensible thing would be to have the original He-Man and Skeletor always up, maybe a Battle Cat so new collectors can get a start.
    They do put Heman and skeley up a lot. And skeley is going back up for sale when I can't th k of his name goes for sale. He'll have three heads. Dam. I can't think of it. Ooo demo-man. And battle cat has been on sale I do believe three times of four.

But there should be always enough for newbies. People are still just finding out about the line. And are deterred because there's no way to get the figures. I know the whole store sells out then the line moves on but it's an online sale. There should be little quanities held for cherry pickets and multiply collectors as well. Mattel is really losing so much profit from not having this available.

Since the production is small compared to a retail line, it would cost more have the entire line up on the site and very little movement. The figures this year outside of Catra and Bow have been up for days each.