Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: POWER-CON! Programming Schedule & guest appearances, ticket & exhibitor sales & more!

I can't wait to see this in moton. The Con would be a perfect place for viewing. Kuddos on the project.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I will create a thread soon about the project in the fan arts section. It's an animated fan film that me, He-Jutsu, and Rou-man have been working on for about a year or so. The voice talent we had working on this was fantastic. It would be really cool to screen it at a Convention like this, as this is being made for the fans.

Here is a few screen caps:

]
    woooow it looks terrific , thanks captain ,you've made my day
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; March 1, 2011 at 10:40pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think there should be an iron-chef style customizing contest where customizers go up against the four horsemen... each competitor would get so much time and a fixed set of tools and supplies to make the same figure (or use the same figures as base) and then a panel of judges vote...

A Spy Monkey Creations Con Exclusive weapon.

Evil Lyn herself meg Foster.

An exclusive T-shirt

I will create a thread soon about the project in the fan arts section. It's an animated fan film that me, He-Jutsu, and Rou-man have been working on for about a year or so. The voice talent we had working on this was fantastic. It would be really cool to screen it at a Convention like this, as this is being made for the fans.

let me guess

1 planet Eternia .2 one of the three towers . 3 Keldor. 4 young Randor( or he-ro?) . 5 Keldor vs Randor. 6 the council of elders

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    let me guess

1 planet Eternia .2 one of the three towers . 3 Keldor. 4 young Randor( or he-ro?) . 5 Keldor vs Randor. 6 the council of elders
    1 = Yes / 2 = No / 3 = Yes / 4 = Yes (Randor) / 5 = Yes / 6 = Yes

Number 2 isn't Viper Tower. It isn't Snake Mountain either. It is a tower we created for the cartoon, that is essential to the plot. In fact, the cartoon is called "Masters of the Universe: The Dark Tower."
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; March 2, 2011 at 01:08am.

1 = Yes / 2 = No / 3 = Yes / 4 = Yes / 5 = Yes / 6 = Yes

Number 2 isn't Viper Tower. It isn't Snake Mountain either. It is a tower we created for the cartoon, that is essential to the plot. In fact, the cartoon is called "Masters of the Universe: The Dark Tower."
    awesome ,very interesting, i love this things

creates a thread about it please because we are creating a sub thread within the main topic of this thread and we want to know more about this film.

Heroic Warrior
    If East Coast and has some voice actors I'll probably be there!

Awesome!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Captain got me thinking. I think there should be a fan film viewing, whether they be live action, animated or stop motion with the figures. I think that would be fun

**NEVERMIND, I see its already been suggested **

My Masters of the Universe mythos ->http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=162756

Quote Originally Posted by He-Mun View Post
    Captain got me thinking. I think there should be a fan film viewing, whether they be live action, animated or stop motion with the figures. I think that would be fun
    Stop motion with figures would be very cool!

I just today saw this thread & read every post & with all the great ideas posted, there's nothing really new for me to add...... Except for having a wrestling ring & us dressed as MOTU characters tossin' each other around!!!

Just count me in!

If there's gonna be a need for volunteers to help get things set up, pass the info on to me.
    I want my other half.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'd love to get MOTUC-ized Four Horsemen figures, like what we got for Toyguru being a Palace Guard. That would be awesome.

I think we got a reuse for the Ram-Man mold

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5093/...daa8a72a_m.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5136/...a2f656d3_m.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5134/...83683b15_m.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5258/...b36a9183_m.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5097/...ac2502cf_m.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5177/...6f3c96cd_m.jpg
    You might want to find a way to show it at Comic Con as well, it may get you guys some great recognition. Kind of like what Batman: Dead End did for Sandy Collora and his crew.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    OK, I'm not trying to be an jerk, but you know the chances of a Con exclusive comic are about the same as me being a hair model, right? And for those of you that don't know me, that's a REALLY REALLY slim chance.
    -For a show like this to even MAKE it to a 2nd year, the first year is gotta be AWESOME. Small shows without heavy corporate backing rely on word of mouth to get attendance up for later years. During a movie year, this convention will be a sell-out, but until then, the lure has to be in the programming, guests and word of mouth. Here's some things, if well executed, could be great to do/see at the show:
    1)No, there won't be a Con exclusive comic-so make one! I don't know how many of you are familiar with 24 hour comic day( http://www.24hourcomicsday.com/ )(, but it's simple. You get 24 hours to create a comic book. I think something like this, on a smaller time scale, would be fun. You get 3 hours to create a mini-comic. Fans could judge and even give a donation allowing the winner to print up the comic at kinko's or something and send them a copy.
    2)Build something! Some of the most fun days the Horde had was days where we got together and made something huge out of cardboard boxes. Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, ect. A good team-building exercise, TONS of fun, cheap to do and, in the end, they all came out AWESOME!!!!
    3)Fans should have face time with celebrates and creators. It means a LOT to people to get to actually say hi in person and to have their picture taken with them
    4)Customs! These are by far some of the highest traffic rooms at Botcos, ect. People LOVE to do them and those that can't/don't love to look at them.
    5)Costumes. Again, HUGELY popular at cons.
    -And, didn't anybody think to have this Convention held in the extra banquet hall in Castle Grayskull??
    I love it when a plan comes together.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I do think it would be VERY cool for a group of fans near/from the host city to get together and build a Castle Grayskull veneer out of cardboard/paper mache, whatever. It would be a cool display piece that fans could get photos taken in front of. With all of the talent on the org, I'm sure folks could make something pretty sweet without a ton of time and money. Something kind of like the Castle Grayskull that was on display at the He-Man Art Show a few years ago, but a bit bigger!!

Affordable entry fee.
    Customs / Custom contests
    Costumes /Costume contests
    Con T-Shirts / Non-Con T-shirts / He-Man.org T-shirts
    DVDs
    Spy Monkey Creations (and similar customizers)
    Roast Gooble Dinner featuring the 4 Horsemen.
    Reveal of upcoming MOTUC figure(s), beast(s), vehicle(s), etc. (especially since ToyFare is kaput).
    MOTU Museum showing all (or most) MOTU figures, comics, collectibles, etc.
    Last edited by Zargon; March 11, 2011 at 03:27pm.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I go to conventions for four reasons:
    1) to meet the talent behind the awesome stories
    2) to attend insightful or interesting panels
    3) to see great cosplays
    4) to buy exclusive merchandise

Ergo I suggest getting any and all talent behind MOTU lore to come to Power Con. I would pay any price to see John Erwin or Frank Langella. Behind-the-scenes panels would be interesting (e.g. the process of making each minicomic, or how a Filmation episode was made). I second Penny Dreadful's idea to do a MST3K-style viewing of movies, especially with Unemployed Skeletor. Even if Power Con can't offer exclusive toys, an exclusive Tshirt or pin, or diorama for our toys would be fantastic. *cough* Snake Mountain figure stands cough*

I'm personally hoping for a cosplay contest because it would probably inspire a lot of people, including myself, to make a costume. If you ever do a search of MOTU cosplayers, you'll find they're few and far between (just check ACParadise.com for examples). MOTU needs more cosplay love.
    Last edited by Sword-of-Grayskull; March 14, 2011 at 02:44am. Reason: had to bold diorama since it was hard to see in that color
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I second Penny Dreadful's idea to do a MST3K-style viewing of movies, especially with Unemployed Skeletor.
    I have mixed feelings on that one. If they did this, I would want at least two screenings of the movie. I think the bigger draw would be a regular style viewing as opposed to an MST3K one.

I have mixed feelings on that one. If they did this, I would want at least two screenings of the movie. I think the bigger draw would be a regular style viewing as opposed to an MST3K one.
    I agree. A MST3K type of movie can be fun for some when they don't like or care about the movie. Considering this con is for MOTU fans, I'm sure there will be a lot of fans of the movie there(although I know even some MOTU fans don't like it). Trashing the movie at a con almost guarantees we won't be seeing many if any of the people who contributed to making it at any future cons(except for maybe William Stout since he seems like he has bad blood about the whole experience).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I agree. I would MUCH prefer a straight-up viewing of the 87 movie! Screenings of fan-made media would be great too!

It sounds like late Sept/early Oct in LA is where this con is happening. I'm fairly neutral on the site (although I would have preferred mid-west so that fans from both coasts would have a shorter trip), but LA sounds fun in the fall and I'm sure alot of MOTU creative talent should be available to attend

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I agree. A MST3K type of movie can be fun for some when they don't like or care about the movie. Considering this con is for MOTU fans, I'm sure there will be a lot of fans of the movie there(although I know even some MOTU fans don't like it). Trashing the movie at a con almost guarantees we won't be seeing many if any of the people who contributed to making it at any future cons(except for maybe William Stout since he seems like he has bad blood about the whole experience).
    I wasn't thinking of MST3K-type thrashing. I was thinking more like a funny intro/skit by Unemployed Skeletor with a contest and prizes and then he intros the flick. I'm not a fan of talking during the screenings.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Can it be on a Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I wasn't thinking of MST3K-type thrashing. I was thinking more like a funny intro/skit by Unemployed Skeletor with a contest and prizes and then he intros the flick. I'm not a fan of talking during the screenings.
    That would be pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Can it be on a Friday?
    What the heck?

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    'm I bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?