Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: POWER-CON! Programming Schedule & guest appearances, ticket & exhibitor sales & more!

Have it in Michigan somewhere, or new york even. Anywhere close enough to the Canadian border that us canadians can get there easily too. If you do it near the ontario border somewhere, you'll get the best numbers, as most of Canadas population is in ontario.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

a Muppet of a man...
    If this happens y'all can come to my place after the con for milk and cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    What about Indianapolis?
    Quote Originally Posted by toyman View Post
    YES!!!! This please!!!

You know, the convention center downtown just had a huge renovation/addition completed.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Interesting. I wouldn't mind going depending on where it is. Since my wife and I are planning a trip to Florida later this year (and we've already had some expenses come up this year that we weren't counting on... with more possibly on the way), I don't think I would be able to pull off flying somewhere and paying for a hotel. If it's somewhere within driving distance of the Chicago area, I might make it.

Even if I don't make it this year, this is cool, and if it becomes an annual thing, I would definately love to go to it at some point.

Just a question, though. Is the name "Power-Con" set in stone? It's not a bad name (and is obviously in reference the the phrase "I have the power"), but it's almost sounds a little too much like "Power-Morphicon", which is the Power Rangers convention.

It would be nice if the name stood out a little more and didn't sound too much like the name of another con. But, it's not a big deal.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Sweet! I love the idea.

So I could say lets hold it in Northeastern Ohio where I live but I don't mind a little travel so something within the midwest would be appropriate I think especially since there's a large concentration of us all in midwestern states.

I think it should be held within a days drive from wherever the central location is of where most of us live. This would give a majority of members a greater opportunity to attend IMO.

1. I would love to see complete vintage collections of everything on display even though I pretty much have that in my own office at home anyhow.

2. I would like to see all the MOTUC figures released to date on display with a Mattel reveal for an up coming figure.

3. I would love to see the 4H there with a discussion of their work plus the opportunity to get autographs.

4. I would love to have the opportunity to buy t-shirts, dvd's, Mattel's overstock figures fan art and original art.

5. A custom figure display and contest would be excellent.

6. I'd like the opportunity to meet some of the writers of the original FILMation toons just so I could tell them how much I enjoyed their work when I was a kid.

7. Lou

8. Original voices

9. Movie cast members

10. Comics and the opportunity to buy MOTU memorabillia.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Kentucky, tennessee, somewhere close

Since it is a Matty/he-man.org project, a perfect exclusive would be Illumina. Or is that still a sore subject.

A create-a-figure contest. Maybe Nathan Bitner can be a guest judge.

The Dolph!
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

If it's on the eastcoast, I'm there. The midwest, I'll need to start planning. The westcoast, well, I'll try. I'm in agreement. This is long overdue!!!!
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    this!

and be in kentucky please, louisville.
    Yes, please! Louisville!! And as for what I'd like to see there. It would be absolutely wonderful to have the voice actors from the filmation series there! John Erwin & Alan Oppenheimer please!!!

Count me in..I'm coming
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

Right on! Thanks for putting this together, I'm sure it will be super cool. I also imagine it will be a lot of work to organize, seeing as it's the first one and certain big name players might be hesitant to invest their time into it. If, on the other hand, everyone is up for it then it'll surely be a blast.

I'm not sure about the logistics involved, but two locations I think would be great are Vancouver and Chicago. Vancouver is beautiful, and I'm sure many people would really enjoy the city. Of course it's in Canada, which is more convenient for myself and a few others, but it's such a nice city that I think it's worth considering. Chicago is a good choice because it's somewhat centrally located and it's large enough to offer several options for planning such an event. I think you may be more likely to draw some marquee names to these locations.

Mattel would be wise to offer an exclusive item or items for this event. Surely they realize the importance of supporting their fan base when it comes to maintaining the excitement they have for the product. The SDCC art book was a good attempt, but fell short. They have the resources to give an event like this the small touches that would put the fans over the moon with the MOTU franchise. They could get more use out of their SDCC statue, sell off a lot of old stock, maybe even take some of the damaged or unsalable product and throw it in grab bags for people to use on their customs. Surely they could cover a lot of their costs to participate in the event by using some of these ideas. As far as an exclusive item goes, they simply have to offer a unique repaint, maybe even a con exclusive weapons pack and attendees will be more than happy to buy it up. It would just be so much fun to do, I can't see why they would be resistant to the idea. Posters and art, like the ones they sold at SDCC and later on their site are also great ideas for exclusives.

A costume event would be a good idea, as well as a MOTU game show/trivia challenge with prizes. How about Eternian jeopardy! That would be a blast to watch. A custom creation contest is a good idea, as well as an artist showdown. Attendees can hold a silent vote on who they like the most and the winner can be announced later on.

As you can tell, I'm pumped! I'm sure I'll come up with a LOT more ideas as time goes on. I'm really good at ideas!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

ok, i wasn't going to tell you guys, but it's going to be.... at my house.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

I would really love to see some art prints of Earl Norem or William George's vintage work made available, similar to the bonus print that was available at SDCC last year.

It would be great to have Mattel there in full force, but I wonder if they are already fully booked this year with the Collector Appreciation Tour spanning 4 cons in addition to SDCC.

If the Four Horsemen are there to sign figures, I'm sure it would help vendors/Mattel sell 200X and MOTUC products at the show.
    Last edited by Zodach; February 24, 2011 at 11:26am.

Have it in Austin, TX... and see if the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema will screen the original '87 movie or even Secret Of The Sword.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Will there be Beer?

woooow this is awesome.

i was about to start a thread with the title ,why not organize a motu convention ?

This year is important, there will also be a big convention in Germany.

Well this is great news!!! Please be somewhere in the Midwest!!!!

What I'd like to see.....
    --Customs-People that come could put there's on display.
    --Artwork-Same as above
    --Upcoming reveals
    --Stuff to buy...T-Shirts,DVD's, any figures
    --4H should be present,TG
    --Val,Emiliano,PD,Eamon-hopefully could come
    --Door Prizes-Everybody should get something even if it's small-like a 1st P-CON MOTU pin for example-but should be some nice bigger prizes as well. Some people may donate or throw in $$$ to get items for prizes.
    --MOTU auction
    --Tons of MOTU display work-this could have a wide range of collectibles
    --Name tags w/ username from the ORG.-be neat to put faces on all the awesome people on this website.
    --Food,beverages....maybe a KEG of beer.
    --Exclusives would be nice, but I want all my fellow orgers to get whatever would be brought to the P-CON. But we would be the 1st to see it & have it to open or display.
    --Special guests-could be anyone

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Power-Con*, the first annual MOTU and POP fan convention in the US, is coming!

*This convention is not sponsored by, or affiliated with Mattel, Inc. or Classic Media, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by gofigure View Post
    Since it is a Matty/he-man.org project, a perfect exclusive would be Illumina. Or is that still a sore subject.
    Just making clear. This is fan-driven Con, not affiliated with Mattel/MattyCollector.

Maybe folks can add themselves to dorrmann's He-Man.org map to help determine the location? Just a thought.

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/dorrmann

Holy crap, this is exciting!! I'll have to post some suggestions after I've had some time to mull it over, but wherever this Con is held I'm TOTALLY there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Maybe folks can add themselves to dorrmann's He-Man.org map to help determine the location? Just a thought.
    Good idea. After seeing that map, Chicago definitely looks like a good choice. The more the merrier!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Mid-West or East Coast!!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/dorrmann
    Free plugs...I love it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

This event will be nothing without a 10 foot tall Battle Pigeon statue!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

many fans are from outside the United States and we can not be there, so we hope a lot of videos and photos of everything that will happen there, please

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    There's the Orlando Convention Center that just hosted the Star Wars Celebration, of course, but there's also a little place called The Ocean Center right alongside the World's Most Famous Beach in Daytona Beach, FL. It's a bit smaller, but comes with a built in Grumpy Old Dragon to help out.

A long overdue idea, wherever it winds up being held.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman