Thread: 2011 subscription bonus? (a la Battle Cat coupon)

2011 subscription bonus? (a la Battle Cat coupon)

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only real reason for people to purchase a subscription to avoid the horrors of the mattycolector online experience?

We're told we get a bonus figure, but it really isn't a "bonus" per se, rather another sale figure for those who chose to buy it. The only real subscription bonus seems to be the map. I know with magazine subscriptions the cost of the magazine is greatly reduced, and that certainly isn't the case here. Usually with fan club memberships there are plenty of goodies and exclusives to be had, and that is essentially what this is, it being "club eternia" and all.

So where are goodies? Why don't they offer cool stuff? Mail away figures, specially painted accessories, I don't care! I just want something at least along the lines of the coupon they gave us for Battle Cat last year.

C'mon Matty, this club is getting stale!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Instead of having to read an entire thread, us subscribers are getting a sticker sheet that will include a big Powers of Grayskull sticker for Tytus, as well as some normal single carded sizes for the likes of He-Ro. I also recall the sticker sheet will include Evil Horde, Princess of Power, and maybe even Space Mutant stickers.

Between not having to deal with Matty every month, getting the exclusive map and figure, and now getting a sticker sheet, I think MOTUC subscribers are being treated very well this year.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Instead of having to read an entire thread, us subscribers are getting a sticker sheet that will include a big Powers of Grayskull sticker for Tytus, as well as some normal single carded sizes for the likes of He-Ro. I also recall the sticker sheet will include Evil Horde, Princess of Power, and maybe even Space Mutant stickers.

Between not having to deal with Matty every month, getting the exclusive map and figure, and now getting a sticker sheet, I think MOTUC subscribers are being treated very well this year.
    Thanks for the info. Stickers are ok, I guess. I'd like to see incentives more along the lines of exclusive offers, coupons, discounts on remaining stock, that sort of thing.

We shouldn't have to feel privileged or relieved to not have to deal with mattycollector.com (which we have to do anyway in order to truly obtain every item) and I feel we should get more than stickers and an option to buy another figure.

Maybe I'm just being selfish and unrealistic. I don't, after all, understand the logistics involved.

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Thanks for the info. Stickers are ok, I guess. I'd like to see incentives more along the lines of exclusive offers, coupons, discounts on remaining stock, that sort of thing.

We shouldn't have to feel privileged or relieved to not have to deal with mattycollector.com (which we have to do anyway in order to truly obtain every item) and I feel we should get more than stickers and an option to buy another figure.

Maybe I'm just being selfish and unrealistic. I don't, after all, understand the logistics involved.
    I don't need incentives or bonuses to get me to subscribe. Since I want everything anyway, the sub saves me the hassle of having to be at my PC at a certain day and time every month, lest I miss out on that month's figures. The time, stress, and aggravation the sub saves me is well worth it to me, especially now that so much more is included. The bonuses I see as just that - a bonus.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I don't need incentives or bonuses to get me to subscribe. Since I want everything anyway, the sub saves me the hassle of having to be at my PC at a certain day and time every month, lest I miss out on that month's figures. The time, stress, and aggravation the sub saves me is well worth it to me, especially now that so much more is included. The bonuses I see as just that - a bonus.
    I cannot be at the computer every time something goes on sale, so I like the sub for the same reasons. But then there's the weapons rack, which kinda screws that up altogether.

I just want the sub to be cooler. Why can't they give us one of those three colored pens with a MOTUC logo, or a MOTUC keychain, or something cool? You know they can pull that stuff off, as the Moss Man deodorant will attest.

Shareholders suck!

Exclusive figure, map, and stickers are good enough bonuses for someone who buys all the figures anyway.