Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If MOTUC vs DCUC failed at retail, would you want the MOTUC sold on Mattycollector?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

If MOTUC vs DCUC failed at retail, would you want the MOTUC sold on Mattycollector?

This idea could be considered a back-up plan if Mattel's Toys R Us exclusive MOTUC vs DCUC fails at retail. We've seen Mattel's TRU exclusive repaints get pulled before with their DCUC repaints. The same could happen with MOTUC vs DCUC because of the Skeletor/Lex Luthors (He-Man and Superman apparently sells) that are preventing TRU from putting Wave 2 on the shelves.

If that happens, would you guys like for single carded versions OR even two packs only containing solely MOTUC variants to be sold on Mattycollector.com instead (for example Green Trap Jaw vs Pale Man-E-Faces)?

This thread is to let Toyguru know from jump that MOTUC variants failing at retail shouldn't be the end of the idea and that this should be an instant back-up plan, should such a scenario happen.

Who's with me?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

MOTU vs MOTU 2Packs?

I'd be up for that. If they were on mattycollector us International fans could actually get them.

I just don't understand how they are clogging the shelves there, yet we can't even get them here

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    MOTU vs MOTU 2Packs?
    Or single packed variants from those two packs--whatever idea is more popular.

I'd be up for that. If they were on mattycollector us International fans could actually get them.

I just don't understand how they are clogging the shelves there, yet we can't even get them here
    In my neck of the woods (South Jersey near Philly), He-Man and Superman sells and is uncommon. It's the Skeletor/Lex Luthor pack that doesn't move as well. Mattel might have shot themselves in the foot by releasing that same Lex Luthor in a DCUC 2 pack with Supergirl earlier.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for putting these sets on mattycollector.

Heroic Warrior
    If MOTUC vs DCUC fails at retail, it's all Mattel's fault, and it's due to bad marketing policy.

If they really want to sell those MOTUC vs DCUC packs (or the rest of those MOTUC vs DCUC packs) at retail, they just have to sell them INTERNATIONALLY, in stores !

Of course, selling them on Mattycollector would allow international collectors to buy them, but who wants to get a headache because they had to use the deficient Mattycollector website in order to buy repaints ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; February 27, 2011 at 09:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    If MOTUC vs DCUC fails at retail, it's all Mattel's fault, and it's due to bad marketing policy.
    No doubt.

Of course, selling them on Mattycollector would allow international collectors to buy them, but who wants to get a headache because they had to use the deficient Mattycollector website in order to buy repaints ?
    Mattycollector.com is a headache, but it's alot better than wasting time and gas searching for them at retail when resellers who are open as soon as the stores open beat you to them.

These things have been out since November--going on 5 months now. And TRU.com hasn't had them since they sold out in the beginning of December.

Yes and no.

If it fails and I see that in the future because wave two has still yet to hit the shelves in queens NYC. So with that id still like to buy them but if they se
    L them on matty. Then I'd just like the variants and not the dc guys.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

YES. I thinks everything should be available on mattycollector.com.
    So everybody gets a chance to buy these.

Yes, I'm actually interested in some of them, putting them on-line would probably make it cheaper and easier to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

If they really want to sell those MOTUC vs DCUC packs (or the rest of those MOTUC vs DCUC packs) at retail, they just have to sell them INTERNATIONALLY, in stores !
    Actually, TRU should have some blame if MOTUC vs DCUC fails - because TRU is the one who distributes it to their own stores. If these sets are not available internationally, it is the fault of TRU and not Mattel.

Honestly, I would prefer having extra single carded MOTUC variants on Matty instead of the MOTUC vs DCUC 2-packs at this point. The DCUC figures I already have most of the time anyways.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Oh *****, yes i really would buy those DC vs Motuc REPAINT figures, if the Motuc would be as single carded figures available on Mattycollector.

But Mattel could or must sell them cheaper.

Heroic Warrior
    i dont really see this line failing. so far the only one that has truly pegwarmed was skeletor and lex luthor, and i think its more because of the version of lex that they chose. i bet it they put the "superfriends" luthor in that set instead it would have sold better.

I would prefer them to just sell them in single packs as repaints, but two-packs are fine too.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to have the MotUC repaints sold on Matty, or MotUC vs. MotUC two-packs. I have no use for the DCUC figs. The only reason I got He-Man vs. Superman was for the comic (plus, I ended up making a great Filmation He-Man from that two-pack He-Man).

If Retail vs. DCU fails then they should do MOTUC VS MOTUC 2 paks.
    I didn't buy the Skelly vs Luthor because I have that same Luthor TWICE! and I ain't gonna buy it just for the sword.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Oh yes please, Motuc vs Motuc 2pack

He-man vs. Skeli
    Teela vs Evil Lyn.
    and so on

each in Filmation or Minicomic colours

Heroic Warrior
    Yes.

I probably would've gotten them if this had been the case. Definitely He-Man and Mer-Man at least.

I want more extreme repaints though. Like flesh-colored Stratos, all-green Trap Jaw, and gray armored MAA.

I have more of an interest in this particular He-man repaint. I like the original, but also like the variety and colors of most repaints. Maybe a mix between Filmation and the mini-comics...?

I think the majority of the problem is Toys 'R' Us. They simply refuse to put out any wave 2 two-packs and insist on clogging the store shelves with hundreds of Skeletor/Lex Luthor packs. I wish Mattel had some influence over Toys 'R' Us in how they sell these 2-packs.

I also think that a lot of blame can be put at the feet of TRU. As soundwave said, TRU themselves decide locally what products to order and not. The reason TRU Europe has not imported these is that they believe there is not enough interest in DC or MOTU in Europe.

In Scandinavia, TRU does not even import DC figures at all, except for movie ones. I'm not sure, can you get DCUC in any other european country in toystores?

I think a lot of the pegwarming is because of that Luthor. Lex Luthor may be iconic, but that figure isn't the greatest, he was just available with Supergirl. But I don't know, maybe kids don't like Skeletor anymore.

it sounds like you are asking if we would buy the motuc repaints from the motuc vs dcuc 2 packs as a single card figure?

for me, if it's just a straight repaint (basically exactly what is in the motuc 2 packs), it would depend on the figure. for example, i wouldn't buy the upcoming she-ra (even if she were more different than just the sword color) or the zodac. i'm just not interested in those characters enough to care about the repaint.

i bought the he-man/superman and skelly/lex 2 packs because A) those were my first taste (didn't have he-man or skeletor) and B) didn't have lex. i like blue mer-man more than the green and didn't have stratos.

so if i don't have the figure and i like the repaint (or if i really loved the repaint), then yeah, i'd buy it. otherwise, it's a pass.

The question in my mind is now if, but WHEN these 2 packs fail, then yes, I would like to buy them from Matty. If these make it past wave 3 at retail, I would be totally surprised. I think they are dead already. The 3rd wave will kill them if they are not dead now.

just as long as the price is the same as TRU prices I would probably buy them

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I want those repaints at mattycollector...

I don`t think this 2 Packs will go on for a long time, if characters are noot well chosen ( She-Ra is not a repaint, Stratos was boring to most of us).

The Mer Man and Zodac versions are more interesting, because they look more different.

Besides, there is no media support MOTUC, so why should a mom buy those for her kids? When even Skeletor is a peg warmer, this 2 packs can not be that attractive to customers outside the MOTU fan community.

MOTUC vs. MOTUC 2 Packs at mattycollector would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    The question in my mind is now if, but WHEN these 2 packs fail, then yes, I would like to buy them from Matty. If these make it past wave 3 at retail, I would be totally surprised. I think they are dead already. The 3rd wave will kill them if they are not dead now.
    I know...between Wave 2 being held back by TRU and a very lackluster Wave 3, it doesn't look good for Wave 4.

Now if Green Lantern is the Transformers of the summer, that Zodac/GL 2 pack might do extremely well. She-Ra is a tougher sell because a better version is coming and if you want the Filmation head, you might as well buy her online for cheaper prices.