Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Weapons Rack Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Weapons Rack Video Review by Pixel Dan

The Weapons Rack!

Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Very nice review. The red weapons have received some criticism, what is your take on them?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Great review as always PD...not really digging the red weapons, but I'll get over it. Everything else about the set is pretty cool.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    The rack looks good! Now for Skeletor's throne!

Can't wait for this. I think I will be painting most of those red weapons silver.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I really like it as this year's Weapons Pak type release. It gives them a chance to do up some more weapons in the meantime for a possible Weapons Pak 3 next year or at the end of this year or whenever the **** they have enough worthy pieces to do one next.

The best thing about this isn't the weapons at all but the small piece of Castle Grayskull furniture. I like.

I will say that the original prototype looks better than the one we are getting. I prefer the darker wood without the red weapons.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Cool! Is every weapon solid? No rubber weapons? Looks like.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    The best thing about this isn't the weapons at all but the small piece of Castle Grayskull furniture. I like.

I will say that the original prototype looks better than the one we are getting. I prefer the darker wood without the red weapons.
    This...is a smart man.

Besides the red weapons being a MAJOR disappointment (should have been in a future "Weapons Pak"), I have to ask this: why did we get Buzz-Off's axe with the Royal Guards and the Weapons Rack? We got Moss Man's club in the first Weapons Pak and they sculpted a new one for the Royal Guards (thank you!), but we keep getting Buzz-Off's axe which is different. I miss the non-swash buckle axe.

I still think this set is amazing though! I'm quite excited for it. This will be the best weapons pack yet (because of the rack).
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 28, 2011 at 11:07am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Nice review.
    The maroon weapons are nice, and a cool homage to Man-E-weapons, but I'd still prefer all the weapons to be in a single rusted look. Not a deal breaker for me though.
    And I'm definitely considering using the rack as an accessory organizer for all my extra weapons.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

great review as always.

very cool. can't wait to get my hands on this. my only worry now is whether to get one or two of these.

Other than the red weapons (which I'll be repainting) it looks great. Best weapons pack yet IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    @ Dan:

The maroon weapons do look very red, how are they work with figures, who have red armor, such Zodak, Hordak, Stratos, Randor?

Do they fit these figures?

I like it. The rusted looking weapons would have been great, but I think the red will add something new to the existing weapons that we already purchased.
    A little paint would go a long way to making each weapons piece stand out.
    I, for one, am getting at least one maybe more, mainly for the 'furniture'.
    Thanks, PD for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    @ Dan:

The maroon weapons do look very red, how are they work with figures, who have red armor, such Zodak, Hordak, Stratos, Randor?

Do they fit these figures?
    great question. i meant to ask that too. do the red weapons look good with anyone?

Great video Dan! Too bad you didn't have a weapons rack to compare it too, huh?

Too bad an Orger wasn't nice enough to donate his/her weapons rack for the video review.... hahaha!!

Anyhow.. I think I'll grab two of these in April

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    great question. i meant to ask that too. do the red weapons look good with anyone?

Yeah, the red whip in the 1. Pak goes realy good with Grizzlor, Hordak or Roboto.

I still believe, that weapons should fit many figures, otherwise it looks odd.

Still waiting for some yellow stuff for Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Mer Man or Buzz Off.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    superb review, PD.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Yeah, the red whip in the 1. Pak goes realy good with Grizzlor, Hordak or Roboto.

I still believe, that weapons should fit many figures, otherwise it looks odd.

Still waiting for some yellow stuff for Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Mer Man or Buzz Off.
    Speaking of which I LOVE the silver crossbow with Keldor! Ya know...the one Matty says is white from the first pack.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Thanks for the review, the rack looks great.

I'll be replacing the red weapons with the silver or gray ones we already have. So there will be a mix of both tarnished and more silver weapons, and I might leave one or two red ones on there. It should look pretty good!

Nice rack, Dan!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I wasn't originally going to get this, but now that I see that there is room for other excess weapons, I am going to go ahead and get one specifically because of that. Thanks for the review!
    Who has the Power?

I have a ton of extra weapons sitting around in baggies, so it might be cool to have more than one of these.

That was a great review, Dan! I already wanted it, but damn now I can't wait for it. I also had another cool thought for those who do have Vikor but don't wanna display him with the others. Place his weapons and shield on the rack as he is dead by the time Adam is around and they already have the rusted look, so they fit right in perfectly. And it would be like honoring his memory by placing his weapons in Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't realize the rack had pegs on BOTH sides !

That's a nice addition, since we'll be able to use the other side to display some of our unused weapons.

Pixel Dan, could you PLEASE post a picture of the rack with weapons on BOTH sides ?

I was quite saddened you didn't do that with some of the other MOTUC weapons, and I'd really like to see how colourful weapons look like once on the rack...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I didn't realize the rack had pegs on BOTH sides !

That's a nice addition, since we'll be able to use the other side to display some of our unused weapons.

Pixel Dan, could you PLEASE post a picture of the rack with weapons on BOTH sides ?

I was quite saddened you didn't do that with some of the other MOTUC weapons, and I'd really like to see how colourful weapons look like once on the rack...
    Yeah! It's like 2 weapon racks in one. So worth it, just wish it had more weapons, but knowing Mattel it would've cost $20.