Thread: SDCC 2007 4H Prototype He-Man: My first custom!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar

SDCC 2007 4H Prototype He-Man: My first custom!

EDIT: New & better pictures below in post #3.

Albeit a very simple custom, just the wristband/gauntlet repaints, but still. To me, it makes a world of difference (I've always hated the orange bands, overkill imo), plus I just really love finally having a He-Man that matches his picture on Matty.

I almost didn't spray him with a matte clear coat, but my rubbing-off worries won out. Now I wish I hadn't, as the finish is way too shiny for my taste, but oh well. I may end up peeling all the grey off and redoing it later on, but for now, I'm happy. Also, as this was a third-run He-Man (my first!), I had to reposition his hair, but I've had to do that on all our He-Man figures, so it wasn't a big deal.

My wife and I get the best photography results when there's plenty of natural light, but today is very overcast. I'll retake some of these later on when the weather is nicer. Hope you likey!

Matty photo-style pose by lamp light:

Just the facts:

"I have the power!"

And my favorite pose for all my MOTUC, 80's pose!
    Last edited by KalesDad; March 10, 2011 at 05:03am.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

LOL....The last pic looks...well....like the most powerful man in the universe is having some trouble with his bowel movement.

HA HA HA!! Yeah, I guess he kinda does, lol.

Here's more pics now that I've got better light. As I sat here comparing my images to Matty's, I realized I've also got to lighten the colors on his belt, as well as the half-sphere's framing his shield, along with the grey on his harness. Then he'll be true to the picture on Matty, which is what I'm going for.

Matty Pose II:

Action pose to show both wristbands:

Just a shot I really like:

Finally, the Boy keeping me company! The shot I love the most.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

Have to agree, the last shot is great He is too cute.

I love the poses they rock. Sometimes the littlest changes reep the best rewards.

Well done

Thanks man, I had fun with it.