Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty official survey: Shipping options

Heroic Warrior

Shipping survey email

Just received an email from Matty with a poll regarding shipping. The option is to have our figs shipped quarterly to save some cash.

Not sure that's going to be a popular option, but it seems this is TG's solution to the high shipping.
    What say you?

Hey...at least they are thinking about what we have been saying...this is a start...I like the quarterly shipping option to save money....it is very successful with BBTS for international customers! The less packages the less customs we pay!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Matty official survey: Shipping options

Just got a mail from Matty:

"In our effort to investigate shipping options, we’re conducting an important survey. It’s just one quick question and your response would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=**************

This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address. Please do not forward this message.

Thanks for your participation!

Please note: If you do not wish to receive further emails from us, please click the link below, and you will be automatically removed from our mailing list.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/optout.aspx?sm=*******************"

Basically they ask if you would prefer to get figures quartely and spend less on shipping or just keep figures shipped month by month...

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea of getting figures every month, but this is a good way to save shipping costs, so I would not mind if Mattel decided to go that route. Would this help international fans when it comes to customs fees?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I've asked for quarterly. Getting these figures sent to the UK each month can be costly, EVERY month.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by he-metayer View Post
    i like the idea of getting figures every month, but this is a good way to save shipping costs, so i would not mind if mattel decided to go that route. Would this help international fans when it comes to customs fees?
    big time!!!!!!!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior

Mattycollector Shipping Survey

I received an email just a little while ago, and it looked like spam as the title says:

member@surve... Shipping Options Survey

And here is the actual email:

In our effort to investigate shipping options, we’re conducting an important survey. It’s just one quick question and your response would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?...SJAf1H6w_3d_3d

This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address. Please do not forward this message.

Thanks for your participation!

Please note: If you do not wish to receive further emails from us, please click the link below, and you will be automatically removed from our mailing list.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/optout....SJAf1H6w_3d_3d

Clicking on it originally it gave some info about cost for sending 3 1lb packages versus one 3lb package and then 1 question if I would like the cheaper option and have one package sent quarterly or monthly. I answered Quarterly, although usually my shipping is ok because of the multiple subs I order. Anyways clicking on the link now just sends me to Mattycollector.
    Last edited by cbomb23; April 10, 2013 at 06:03pm.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I like the idea of getting figures every month, but this is a good way to save shipping costs, so I would not mind if Mattel decided to go that route. Would this help international fans when it comes to customs fees?
    Yes, it would help us, A LOT!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I voted to pay more shipping to get figures every month. Though I am not opposed at all for there to be an option to bundle these and send out quarterly for those that would like that. However, there should be an option, and it can't possibly be too hard for them to do this (yes, I know who we are talking about, but I'm just saying in general there should be no reason why more than one option can't be offered!)

I have my fingers crossed that 2014 will be quarterly shipping. The monthly releases at the current rates are bleeding me dry

I asked for monthly, I run a business so the monthly shipping does not bother me one bit.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I asked for quarterly. I've been wanting them to do this forever (and had a thread about it somewhere) and I think it's smart. It'd be nice if they let you choose one way or the other, but if you have to choose I'd rather go quarterly.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Poll is here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hipping-survey

Oh hell no...every month.
    I think having the OPTION is cool. Especially for international fans.
    Im not happy with the direction of one or another.
    It should be would you like the option to have quarterly shipping.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I said quarterly. Its at the point now that I have most of my favorite characters so now I have to wait a couple months to get to a figure i'm excited for so its no biggie to wait a few more months for a big package...it'd be like christmas 4 times a year...haha.

I'm curious to know if we'd be paying monthly for our figures and just receiving them quarterly...I hope so..

I prefer to keep it monthly…but I do think there should be an option for people to choose every three months. I could see how this would REALLY benefit international fans.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I agree that there should be an option if possible. I voted for monthly shipments because I don't want to wait that long but certainly understand those who need to space it out. I assume if it were possible to do separate options they would already offer that but who knows. We'll see!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I swear if I have to wait 3 months to get figures to save $20.00 I am going to be ******.
    BUDGET!
    If money is that tight probablly not the best idea to be buying action figures.
    I get for international fans...yes...domestic...not so much.
    Not trying to be nasty but come on... $10.00 a month...would be the savings and again if yer budget is th at tight to begin with it dosent make sense to commit to it in the begining.

Chose monthly. I love getting new MOTUC figures every month.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    1. We’re working hard to figure out ways to reduce shipping costs and one of the options is to ship figures quarterly instead of monthly – it costs a lot less to ship one 3 lb. box than it does to ship three 1 lb. boxes. So, we want to know…

As an example, would you rather spend $10 per month for shipping one figure every month over a three month period for a total of $30 OR spend $15 total for shipping and get all three figures in a single shipment each quarter? (Again, these numbers are just as an example.)

I want to spend more for shipping and get my figures every month
    I want to spend less for shipping and get my figures quarterly
    Arrrgh! A survey where nothing changes!

The shipping prices are the problem! People can ship three figures with LESS cost than Mattel!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Neither of those two options are great - why can't they ask about combining subs, early access, and day of sale into one shipment (monthly)? If we go quarterly, how does that affect returns (i.e. will stock still be available for damaged, mis-painted, mis-assembled figures)? I would like to see lowered s/h costs, but I would like more information before I vote on a poll and decisions are potentially made by Mattel.

I surmised that this idea would not be popular with the collecting community due to the impatience and gotta have it now attitude, but seriously the shipping is 10 dollars a month for the cheapest option. plus in CA we pay tax on shipping too. Either way honestly it doesn't really matter to me that much but it would be nice to get a bundle,because for example, if I got Netossa, Ram-man, Jitsu, Fang-man and King He-man in one shot, they are really only delaying them all for three months just to go be placed on my shelf, that extra shipping in this day in age seems wasteful. Just my opinion.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I chose quarterly too, as much as i love getting them each month in the UK, the high shipping and customs charges makes this a huge benefit if it happens. Though if nothing does change, i will still continue to buy subs each year
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I'd rather they find a way for each additional item not to cost $8 for S&H than shipping things quarterly.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted quarterly. I'd be more inclined to buy things outside of the sub if I had extra money to spend. I'd rather spend more money on figures than on shipping. Perhaps the best option is to make it voluntary. People can choose to have all figures shipped at once or each month.

Heroic Warrior
    I chose quarterly as well. Ideally, it would be great to have the option to do either one. Maybe Mattel is checking to see how many would choose quarterly to make it worthwhile as an option.