Thread: Bow's hand reuse?

Bow's hand reuse?

Hey all!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed (didn't see anything when I searched), but with every part in this line being created with reuse in mind... I'm wondering what figures you think might make use of Bow's archer hands? I'm assuming that they would at least have 2 or 3 figures in mind when creating those new parts. My immediate thought would be Ninjor, since he includes the bow and arrow accessory. The hands would also be a good indicator that maybe Nocturna is also on the horizon. What are your thoughts? any other suggestions?

Sallah

Heroic Warrior
    Ninjor also uses a bow... maybe him, then ? But he also must be able to hold is nunchuks and his sword.

I wonder if we might get an interchangeable hand for Ninjor... Let's note that Ninjor will heavily re-use existing parts. The only new parts needed for him would be his head, his ninja mask and "armor" (one piece, or 2 separate pieces ?), and his weapons (plus an interchangeable hand ?)...

In NA, Nocturna also uses a bow... another possible reuse ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; March 1, 2011 at 12:31pm.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well stated: ninjor and nocturna definitely needs those hands.
    maybe jungle attack he-man and/or oo-larr could be on the same list.

has anyone removed bow's hands yet? when it gets here, since i'm using him to make na heman, i plan on switching out his right hand, possible both.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Ninjor will heavily re-use existing parts. The only new parts needed for him would be his head, his ninja mask and "armor" (one piece, or 2 separate pieces ?), and his weapons (plus an interchangeable hand ?)
    Right, that's almost nothing.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    Right, that's almost nothing.
    Honestly, I don't think Ninjor will come with a interchangeable hand (we never saw that feature yet, and I don't think it's something we'll see in MOTUC). But if they had to re-use such a hand, Ninjor and Nocturna seem justified choices.

About Ninjor, he might not come with a "Bow archer hand", but the rest (weapons, head and ninja outfit) is a must. And no, I don't think it will more expensive than what they did for, say, Clawful.

It's really too bad they didn't include wrist articulation from the start. That's the one point of articulation that would make battle poses a lot better.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    well stated: ninjor and nocturna definitely needs those hands.
    maybe jungle attack he-man and/or oo-larr could be on the same list.
    JUNGLE ATTACK HE-MAN!!!!!

Charlie Brown, you get a big, nay, a HUGE "Virtual Hug" for the mention!

More on topic, although JAHM is one figure I hope we do see somehow, at some point and who would look good with this hand, I'm not sure I would want Ninjor to get it. Nocturna makes sense to me, but I hope Ninjor retains his demonic/human-looking appearance and is not simplified from his toy to look as he did in The Search for Keldor, where he seemed quite human. I want a finned, Skeletor-type hand on Ninjor, but I do like the idea of it being jointed like Bow's. Besides, Ninjor requires little in the way of major new tooling (head(s), weapons, an "armor" to supply his tunic) so I think we could easily see a newly tooled demonic bowman's hand.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    The only one i can imagine is Songster. He needs skillful hands to play the guitar.

Songster is a good candidate too!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Honestly, I don't think Ninjor will come with a interchangeable hand (we never saw that feature yet, and I don't think it's something we'll see in MOTUC)
    Roboto says "Hi"

Ninjor, Nocturna, Songster, and the Jungle He-Man

yes, those are all possibilities!

I think Nocturna HAS to have that. He's such a lackluster figure otherwise, it would be nice if he had an array of bow/arrow type weaponry (capitalizing on that weapon from the NA figure).

I get the feeling that reuseable parts aren't as important as they used to be for the line. In other words, if they never use the hand again, it was still in the budget, so it's all ok.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Roboto says "Hi"

When it comes to reusing parts we never know what the 4H and Mattel have up their sleeves just look at the Count Marzo and Faceless One. Who would have thought we see Marzo's hand used again.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    JUNGLE ATTACK HE-MAN!!!!!

Charlie Brown, you get a big, nay, a HUGE "Virtual Hug" for the mention!

btw, sorry if i briefly go OT, but i think that leech too deserves articulated wrists to simulate his power draining feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    ... I'm wondering what figures you think might make use of Bow's archer hands?...
    Are there any cigarette smoking MOTU characters?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    his right hand is also a close match for prince adam to hold up his sword correctly to transform into he-man. a little heat from the hair dryer a slight reposition of the fingers some ice cold water to set and viola!!!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Honestly, I don't think Ninjor will come with a interchangeable hand (we never saw that feature yet, and I don't think it's something we'll see in MOTUC).
    You forgot Roboto and Trap Jaw. Nothing is impossible.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I don't think I'd want Ninjor to have Bow's archer hand.

IN MY CANON... The bow and arrow weapon of Ninjor's is not his main weapon. I MUCH, MUCH prefer the katana and nunchaku weapons for him to wield as his main weapons.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!