Thread: WTFWTK 2.55 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.55 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by kagamigod,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Mike Bock:
    I have a question about Crystoll, who was Karatti's original concept. The concept looked completely different from Karatti, making him look like a totally different character. Since you have made concept art characters like Vikor I was wondering if Crystoll is being considered for MOTUC as a new character?

2. zodak74:
    Consumers and subscribers feel bamboozled by the unannounced shift from UPS ground shipping to USPS via Cornerstone Logistics. In February, the majority of us are receiving our packages more than a week later than what we were used to with UPS, and in some cases the packages are being severely mishandled and arriving damaged. Mattycollector never gave us the option to choose before making this switch. So, based on the overall negative reaction to the sudden switch in shipping, will Mattel give us consumers the option to choose which method of shipping we would prefer? It would greatly improve customer relations.

3. Joseephus:
    You have already made figures based off of prototype figures, concept sketches, and mini-comic characters. My question is, can we expect figures based off of the vintage artwork? Examples being The Wind Raider Pilot from the vintage poster, The Monogram Riders from the model vehicles boxart and The Cardboard Robot from the 80's Castle Grayskull playset.

4. Prahvus:
    Dear Toyguru, I'd would like to know if you categorize mechanical animals (like Stridor and Spydor) as beasts or vehicles?

5. vancak:
    Since She-Ra version 2.0 is only coming with one head, will she also come with a snap-on tiara so that we can still get She-Ra with her most iconic look? If not, will She-Ra 1.0 be reissued for those of us that missed out the first time and want both heads?

--------------

So ask those questions!

What height do you plan to make Ram-man, taller than the other figures, same height as the other figures, or shorter than the other figures?
    Last edited by SSj3 Derek; March 8, 2011 at 06:11pm.
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

Can you tell us have all NA, POP, Vintage and 200X characters, that Mattel can make, have been slotted in somewhere or are there some that have not been even considered yet? I am not asking for names, just general information will do.
    Last edited by kagamigod; March 15, 2011 at 12:54am.

Movie mayhem!
    It has been announced that you will be attending FOUR cons this time including NYCC!! Fans are very excited. Will you bring a con exclusive to NYCC? What about the others? Exclusives for them too?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Are sub exclusives accessories eligible for future Weapons Paks or are they off limits for those? I ask because Preternia He-Man has some really cool accessories in the Bionatops rifle and especially that Cosmic Key. They would be the highlight of a future Weapons Pak IF they are eligible to be included in those in a different maybe darker color scheme.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Court Magician

Female army builders...

I'm a huge fan of the Palace Guard figures and was wondering if there's any chance we might eventually see their female counterparts. It does seem odd, after all, that having a female Captain of the Guard, Randor wouldn't have at least a few female guards. We already know women on Eternia can be pretty tough and I'd love to see some ladies wearing the green and gold armor. So is this a pipe dream or a real possibility?
    Thanks for all the hard work!

If the DCUC VS MOTUC 2-Packs continue, will we ever see reprints of the remaining MOTU comics from DC(the 3 issue mini-series)?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    EDIT:

Toyguru,

During New York Toyfair 2011, you were given a letter containing the he-man.org fans' requests about some practical changes design-wise...

Do you have any comments about that letter, or any news to give us about it ?

Will you (or the 4 Horsemen) implement some of these ideas ?

We'd sure appreciate a feedback...
    Last edited by Prahvus; March 13, 2011 at 08:27am.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Now that we have had great improvements in the ankle designs and on the general figures, can it be possible to get updated and improved He-man and Skeletor figures?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    I am a fan of the snake staff that comes with the Snake Men, but I feel that it's odd that such a regal looking weapon, that looks like it would be used to cast spells, would come with King Hssss & 3 out of 5 henchmen. That's sort of like Beast Man, Mer Man, & Tri-Klops all coming with Havoc Staffs. Now, in the 200X toyline/Stactions, Tung Lashor & Snake Face only came with their secondary weapons as I assume even the 4H thought it didn't make sense for them to have the staffs & General Rattlor came with a modified version of the staff, making it look more like a snake-themed stun rod rather than a magical wand/staff. It has been mentioned in reviews of King Hssss that it looks like the snake can be removed from the staff. For the other Snake Men, do you plan on modifying the staffs by maybe changing the snake around the staff, or maybe even changing the staff into a spear, or maybe have them come with Classic versions of Rattlor's 200X snake rod so that these guys aren't walking around with the same weapon as their king, or will they come with the same snake staff in vintage colors?
    Last edited by grenadaspice; March 3, 2011 at 11:07am.

G'day Toyguru

You have revealed She-Ra 2.0 will be released out of subscription (a good decision). Will She-Ra 2.0 be packaged on a different card to the original She-Ra release? i.e. featuring a different name (e.g. "Swiftwind She-Ra") and/or new bio?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Last year there were two MOTU SDCC exclusive items. (Orko + Adam, and Mo-Larr + Skeletor) Can you confirm how many MOTU SDCC exclusives there will be in 2011?

Any chances of learning more about Karak Nul before he became Scareglow? Perhaps as a figure in MOTUC or another mention in another figure's bio? Seems like he'd make a good Fighting Foe Men character, and it would be great to see who he once fought against and alongside with in MOTUC lore!

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    Hey there,

Do the four-horseman intend for most/all future POP figures to be nearly direct representations from the Filmation Style Guides, or will we begin to see liberties taken from the original toys to provide extra, unobtrusive details?

Prime example: Why were MOTUC She-ra's boots not scrawled on like the original toy? The original toy's boots had an almost stamped leather look, like on cowgirl boots, and the added detail would not have detracted from the general design?

Thanks sincerely,
    -Necrono

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Now that Rescue Heroes and Super Friends have returned (TRU exclusive Hero World figures, different style and scale), is there finally a chance to get a "preschool" style MOTU line to introduce our kids to our obsession?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

With all the talk about Mini-comics characters and Filmation rights, i remembered that Rock People female in "RESCUE FROM THE SLIME PIT" comics and is it possible she is Granita?
    She doesnt look anything like her version in the cartoon but she is very prominent in that comic.

Is Granita a Mattel character or does she belong to Filmation just like Octavia and if not has there ever been a prototype for a female Rock warrior?

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Can we recieve some claraification in regards to the Spirit Of Grayskull. I know there was one raffled off at SDCC and one in a charity event so my question is: The Mattel employees whom recieved the Spirit Of Grayskulls were they loose or in there standard packaging? This would save some issues on the secondary market people questioning the authenticity of Spirit Of Grayskulls. Thanks
    Last edited by lorde trooper; March 8, 2011 at 06:44am.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    If Mossman were a Treeman, what sort of Treeman would he be?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

in the next weapons pack can we get the Zodac head and staff in black for Won-dar?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Can you release a cardback accurate Hordak? Short lion cloth, short cape, white crossbow, smaller neck protection and very important for fans:
    Full upper body armor! A lot of fans want this version from Hordak. I think the first one has to much 200X and the short armor looks not good, sorry.
    We want a MOTUC Hordak with more vintage desgn like the cardback version.

Why does Mattel sometimes go with what the Jersey boys (4 Horsemen) decide and other times Toyguru decides to overrule them?

Examples:
    4H Decide:
    Toyguru stated that the Faceless one has hands with fingernails because the 4H decided not to sculpt new hands.

Overrule:
    Toyguru stated the 4H wanted to do the Man-E-Faces color scheme from the cardback and yet Toyguru wanted the "orange jumpsuit" version.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Can you tell us whether the 2012 Club Eternia exclusive figure will be male or female?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Not the most important of questions, but I'm curious about the "official" name for Adora. On Matty and many other websites, she is listed as Princess Adora but her package and white mailer just has "Adora." Other characters with titles (Chief, Count, King) were included on the packaging. Was there a reason for this difference? Following this, if Adam were ever to be released on a single card, would he be listed as Adam or Prince Adam?
    Last edited by Buesefus; March 14, 2011 at 09:39pm.

Stratos and his people are among my favorites of the storyline. What are the possible availabilities of Delora and Hawke? Delora had contrasting appearances between a mini-comic and her Filmation appearances, and I've often thought Hawke to be the 200X replacement of the character. What should a fan of these characters hope for?

Thanks!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!