Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.53!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    (Peeks head in, sees nothing in development, can't comment, nothing in development)

This line urks the **** out of me every time I see it "We have such limited resources for the MOTUC line"

They could just say "we have better things to spend or money on" then making it sound like MOTUC lives month to month on a super shoesting budget.
    I think it's to keep fan expectations rather low and manageable. The budget seems to get increased each year (we get more and more figures), but I think they have to downplay the resources or the fans would get wild with demands.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think it's to keep fan expectations rather low and manageable. The budget seems to get increased each year (we get more and more figures), but I think they have to downplay the resources or the fans would get wild with demands.
    Fans are already wild with demands, its a business so treat it like one.

They don't have to downplay anything, its 2011 we can read financials and we realize how much money they stand to potentially make and are making.

If Mattel would stop trying to be our friends (which I feel they fail at btw) and just be honest I think people would be in much better spirits
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Fans are already wild with demands, its a business so treat it like one.

They don't have to downplay anything, its 2011 we can read financials and we realize how much money they stand to potentially make and are making.

If Mattel would stop trying to be our friends (which I feel they fail at btw) and just be honest I think people would be in much better spirits
    I agree. It's gotten to the point that a lot of people are committing to blindly purchase whatever they chose to produce, however cheaply they choose to produce it. Why do they still feel the need to dole out as little information as possible?

I would imagine that with resources such as this forum available to them to help with market research that they have a much easier time making decisions on what to produce than they would if they were trying to introduce an entirely new toy line to the marketplace.

No need to tip toe around anything, just give it to us straight. I want stuff like "flocked panthor looked nasty so we vetoed the idea" and "we have to sell out another two sets of repainted weapons before we'll spring for a Ram Man mold".

That would be so refreshing!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Nice to see they're considering the Horde Troopers as a single-carded figure. It really shouldn't waste an army-builder slot imo, it's a bunch of generic identical robots with little room for differences. I'd prefer they saved army builders for characters with room for biological variations and other differences.

I see my Panthor flocking question was answered. I have to say that I did not really want to start the flocked/non-flocked discussion again. And I completely get that with non-flocked the sculpt is visible. I just thought that it would be fun so see a flocked cat buck prototype in case Mattel has one available and would like to share pictures with fans. That's all. This was supposed to be a fun question not a nasty question. So I am sorry if it sound like that.

Regarding the Horde Troopers I do not like the idea of the different versions either. It would be nice if they do one classicized vintage-like trooper and one classicized 200X-like trooper. This idea was already presented somewhere on He-Man.org.

Heroic Warrior
    Good news for me that the vintage vehicles will be done first and certain non-vintage figures aren't being given much thought.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Good news for me that the vintage vehicles will be done first
    I agree with this part, even though I like 200X, as the 200X vehicles I already have work fine with these figures
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

A big fan of Slush Head
    We suppose most ideas could be “possible”, but in all honestly there is not a Slush Head figure in development right now so discussions simply haven’t taken place. When, and if, we get to Slush Head you will be sure we will take fan comments like this to the table to make sure we do Slush Head right!
    A kick in the gut!
    Really Mattel Really?

This completely, utterly SUCKS!!
    Last edited by Mike Bock; March 2, 2011 at 07:36pm.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

So WOOT to my question being answered but really that answer was lame.
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    A kick in the gut!
    Really Mattel Really?

Maybe it means we'll actually see him pretty soon....TG said the same thing about Bow, Whiplash, and Man-E-Faces.

I'm really looking forward to Slush-Head & Flogg too.

The bad: Sweet Bee and the others.

The good: It looks more likely that Frosta could be one of the remaining 2011 figures.

Surprised: Slushhead not in development?! He seems to be one of the more popular Mutants and an obvious choice for the line.

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    I must say that I love the blunt honesty in these answers. Good show!
    Yeah. I agree.

I applaud Mattel for being direct and not "beating around the bush."

Most of the negativity about the Q & A's comes from Mattel not really answering questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The good: It looks more likely that Frosta could be one of the remaining 2011 figures.
    I like the way you think, Frosta is my most wanted figure. I figure she would be held hostage like the Sorceress.

These answers certainly shake up the guessing for POP idol. I'm surprised with the answer against Sweet Bee as I was certain she would be one of the first POP releases.

Makes me hope a left field POP gal like Netossa may be closer to release than I initially thought.

And I'm also loving the blunt answers.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    A kick in the gut!
    Really Mattel Really?

In all honesty, I think that they're just saying that to throw us off, I think he'll be out by next year.
    Does Galactus fart?