Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King Grayskull's Heir???

King Grayskull's Heir???

It's never really mentioned in the MYP series but He-man's card back says he was descended from Grayskull. So if he is Grayskulls direct descendant then either Veena was pregnant when Grayskull died or they already had a kid who wasn't featured. So the question is who is Grayskull's immediate heir? I get the impression that Vikor came a while later so it's probably not him. I think this could potentially be a neat concept figure for the 4H. What do you guys think?

I think Veena was pregnant.

But the Question is: "is a boy or a girl?"

Heroic Warrior
    Could it be that the Sorceress (or the Goddess) is the daughter of King Grayskull and Veena ?

Personally, I'd rather go for the Sorceress (since the Goddess has green skin, and neither King Grayskull or Veena had such green skin).

That would surely explain why it is the Sorceress who guards Castle Graykull !

And the Goddess could have been the recruiter "ad interim" of the He-Men, while the Sorceress grew up and gathered her powers...

P.S. : I highly doubt the heir was a boy. The He-Man that came right after Graykull was Vikor, the "He-Man from the North", which shows that he's a foreigner, and in no way the heir of King Grayskull. It cannot be Eldor (too old at that time). And He-Ro was dead. So, in my gimble opinion, Grayskull's direct heir was a girl, his daughter.
    Last edited by Spectror; August 20, 2010 at 07:00pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I was actually kicking around an idea today similar to this. However, as far as my personal canon goes, Adam is in no way descended from Grayskull. Otherwise, why would he need the power sword to transform if he is descended from the union of a powerful king (Grayskull) and a goddess (Veena). Adam is the chosen one to wield the power, just not a descendant. In my personal canon, there is another He-Man living around the same time as Adam who is often dismissed as a myth because he mostly fights evil in the savage lands of Eternia and there are so few who can confirm his existence. This He-Man is a descendant of Grayskull as he already has the power in him and does not require the Sword of He. Instead, he wields the sword of Man which helps to amplify his power. Just something I came up with today.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I'd have to go with his heir being a daughter and think the idea of the sorceress being his daughter is an interesting concept and I think it makes sense
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Heroic Warrior
    I'd have to go with his heir being a daughter and think the idea of the sorceress being his daughter is an interesting concept and I think it makes sense
    Yes, and in order for this concept to be completely coherent, you have to take into account the fact that the Sorceress, thanks to her huge magical powers, was able to survive for centuries, or for more than a millenium.

Another interesting thing is the similarity of the falcon emblem. It is used by Veena (the mother), and was perpetuated by the Sorceress (the daughter) afterwards.

But if the sorceress is his daughter and she lived for a millenium what about the rest of Grayskulls lineage? I mean the sorceress didn't give birth to Randor, Miro, Keldor etc. So there would have had to have been some unknown ancestors in the interim. Theoretically either Randor or Keldor could have been He-man.

What about Miro. When does he fit I to the storyline.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Sharella could have been the daughter. Her skin may have turned green in her spirit / Goddess form.

There is something up with Sharella. TG said a while back that we would learn more about her.

I hope we get a Human Sharella figure and that her bio explains everything lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I mean the sorceress didn't give birth to Randor, Miro, Keldor etc.
    Who says the Sorceress didn't give birth to a boy once (Miro's ancestor) ? This was never denied by any bio so far, so it's still possible. Or maybe it's the Council of the Elders and the Cosmic Enforcers who named the first king ?

I guess we'll have to wait for the Sorceress's and other character's bios to know more, and to guess better...

I wouldn't care much for the Sorceress being in King Grayskulls blood line because I always liked the idea of Teela and Adam/He-Man ending up together. This idea would make that relationship a little icky.
    Bill :: guitargod694

I'd be cool with Grayskull's heir being a daughter, but I don't think it was the current/modern Sorceress.

That would make her SUPER ancient, which I don't think she is, and would preclude any interim guardians of Castle Grayskull (such as Filmation's Koduc Ungol [or however you spell that]).

In addition, according to the MotUC canon, He-Man is a descendant of King Grayskull (heroic ancestor of He-Man).

If, as has been suggested, the Sorceress is King Grayskull's daughter, then she would also be He-Man's (many-greats-)grandmother.

This would also make Teela a direct relative of Adam/He-Man (something like a great-to-the-nth-degree aunt, I think).

I feel like that ties it all in too closely and precludes any potential romance between Adam/He-Man and Teela.

Exactly, this is why I think we need something more than the bios to establish lineage and canon in the MOTU classic continuitiy since its a blend of everything MOTU from the mini comics, filmation MOTU, POP, NA, and MYP into one new continuity. I wish we could get a mini comic similar to Dreamwave's More Than Meets The Eye mini for their TF comic a few years ago. But now I've mentioned that about 10 times in different forums

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    This would also make Teela a direct relative of Adam/He-Man (something like a great-to-the-nth-degree aunt, I think)
    Exactly. But Teela is a clone in MotUC.
    And now I can't remember if she is cloned from the Sorceress or the Goddess.
    And I also can't remember if they are the same person or not.

So either that means Teela would be a clone of Adam's Grandmother... or not related at all.

EDIT: Just checked and it is the Sorceress.
    So yeah, that would make her a clone of Adam's great grandma or whatever. No thanks.
    Bill :: guitargod694

personally i always thought that Veena was pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl (fitting i thought given the prophesy)

She raised them both in their home of greyskull, protecting their family home, at some point the boy left, his sister who shared their mothers extended life left with him to see the world and learn from its people, knowing one day she would return to take her mothers place as protector of greyskull. Veena remained as the sorceress for a while before calling on her daughter to take the mantle of sorceress from her, perhaps after being mortally wounded, or from the techno-virus or something (maybe due to at the hands of demo-man). He daughter then took over to be the sorceress we know

The boy obviously continued his family line, eventually becoming the royal line, where as his sister has a massively increased life time.
    This would also make Teela Greyskull's grandaughter, and amuzingly a more rightful aire to the throne

or another theory i like is that Veena Died in childbirth and the elders looked after the children, after time the girl exhibited signs of being a sorceress and was tasked with looking after greyskull

I was once told that romance is not aesthetic, and as such has no place in this line...

That said, i'm a bit more open minded, and really hope that the Sorceress is not Grayskull's daughter, as I do want the door open for an Adam/Teela relationship.

EDIT: One must consider, however, that Veena could have gone on to have children with another man after Grayskull's death.
    Last edited by bamf1980; August 20, 2010 at 08:06pm.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    It'd be cool if they were still going with every guardian being of the direct bloodline, and Vikor was the heir who was taken away to live in the north for his safety after Grayskull's death.

I've gone back and forth on the identity of the child and for some reason my mind always goes to a son. At some point in the line, there are girls, and we just haven't heard of them.

For me, personally in my canon, Teela is a descendant of Grayskull, but because she is Keldor's daughter. Randor, Marlena, and the Sorceress never told anyone to protect her from her father. Like Adam and Adora, she's destined for something special, but in a whole other way.

And Agent Gibbs, I like the way you think.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Hey guys

Adora as Daughter from D'vann & Veena was a concept (i do not like)
    but i like the idea a Sorceress is the Daughter!!!
    But not Teelana Zoar as Sorceress !

We Know it given many Sorceress of Grayskull before Teelana and it given Kings before Miro!!!!

Sharella needs a Normal Human Body but not as Daughter from D'vann & Veena.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    But if the sorceress is his daughter and she lived for a millenium what about the rest of Grayskulls lineage? I mean the sorceress didn't give birth to Randor, Miro, Keldor etc. So there would have had to have been some unknown ancestors in the interim. Theoretically either Randor or Keldor could have been He-man.
    Without checking (as im not home to read the bios) i thought there was 5 generations between he-man and Grayskull So the sorceress couldnt be Grayskulls daughter.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

BCRDUKe, what if you are right. Maybe Sharella's green form is her 'afterlife' goddess form. Maybe she looked like 200x sorceress in her real life and changed her look later to protect the lineage. It would also be an easy way to work the 200x figure into the story.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Maybe Randors mother is a descendant of King Grayskull.
    That would exclude Keldor as possible "He-Man".
    Maybe that´s the reason Randor was appointed king.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I hate the way He-Ro vintage bio is altered in MOTUC, but maybe Gray is the son of King Grayskull and Queen Veena???

After King Grayskull death, Eldor was Gray´s mentor.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

WOW that custom is awesome looking!!!

D'Vann Grayskull live thousands of years before He-Man like He-Ro!

The He-Ro story before MOTUC:
    Gray was the Son of a Legendary Hero who defeated the Evil Horde!
    (Only King Grayskull can was this Vather.)
    He was trapped from the Snake Men and Eldor freed him.
    Eldor brings Gray to Castle Grayskull.
    The Castle lie hidden under wood and plant.
    Gray become to He-Ro an the Council wondering, the Goddes (Veena!) have give him the Staff of Light not the Power Sword.
    He comes to a Village rules by King Thadan.
    King Thadan (King D'Vann Grayskull's brother) go out in a Battle with the Snake Men and he comes never back.

Grayskulls new Bio from MOTUC he is killed and feeded by the Snake Men.)

He-Ro saved Thadans Son "Tal" (completed name: Ro Tal Grayskull),
    prince Tal and He-Ro go to the Village to hear about the death of King Thadan. from this day roles King Tal and take Gray/He-Ro as Captain of the Royal Guard.

when it gived more than as one He-Man than can gived mor He-Ros like the Son of He-Men.

When the council thinking Gray is teh legendary Hero, he can have a sister.
    The 1st Sorceress can was Gray's sister.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The Sorceress Teelana Zoar can not was the daughter

Here is a lot of facts:

by j-bird
    That would make her SUPER ancient, which I don't think she is, and would preclude any interim guardians of Castle Grayskull (such as Filmation's Koduc Ungol [or however you spell that]).
    He have right Koduc Ungol speaks from a line of SUPER ancient Sorceress before her and Teelana!!!

All known Kings before King Randor:

King Tamusk was the last of Eternia`s sorcerer kings, lived over thousands of years ago. He should be the inventor to rule, with wisdom, intelligence and strength. D'Vann and Tamusk must his Sons.

(King Tamusk has only one appearance in Masters of the Universe:
    The Time Wheel)
    http://www.frankshemanpage.net/wheel02.JPG
    Last edited by ²He-Ro; August 21, 2010 at 03:30pm.

That's some really good info there he-ro. I was thinking about my MOTUC display today and that always makes you start thinking about who fits with whom. I think that in my canon, Grayskull had twin sons. One who went on to become the next king of Eternia and Wundar who was the first Sorcerer of Grayskull (so one follows in mom's footsteps, and one follows in dad's). Wundar defends Castle Grayskull for many years and eventually is mortally injured battling an extra terrestrial threat that would have grown to threaten the entire galaxy. On his death bed he was granted immortality and a place among the cosmic enforcers.

(this is of course because I have two Wundars and want one on one shelf and one on another)