Thread: Any possibility of figures based on Filmation designs?

Widget

Any possibility of figures based on Filmation designs?

I've always thought it would be cool to see figures with the Filmation look to them. Is there a possibility of these in the Classics line? I wonder if there would be any legal issues. Also, what about 12" or 18" figures based on the original designs? I've seen the 12" Star Wars figures with the old Kenner design and it's crazy cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ROD-MAN View Post
    I've always thought it would be cool to see figures with the Filmation look to them. Is there a possibility of these in the Classics line? I wonder if there would be any legal issues. Also, what about 12" or 18" figures based on the original designs? I've seen the 12" Star Wars figures with the old Kenner design and it's crazy cool.
    No offense, but where have you been Rod? There are more than a few Filmation styled figures currently in the works- Frosta and Fang Man just to name a few- with supposedly more to come.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Any possibility of figures based on Filmation designs?
    Yes. Yes, there is.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Hi Rod-Man! Welcome aboard. To answer your question, there are some filmation-style figures on the horizon. King Randor, Frosta, Netossa, and FangMan to name a few. But there has been some drama as of late with the health of the line going into 2014 and seems like the majority of the chatter coming from Mattel is saying that they will only be focusing on vintage style in the near future. There are a lot of good threads on this very topic...you should spend some time on the boards and read up!
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

You mean like Shadow Weaver . . . or Shadow Beast?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Is this a trick question? Or is this member asking for Classic style Filmation figures (which we are getting) or for less detailed cartoon replica figures?

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I don't want animation accurate figures, but filmation designs... YES I do! Of course, we're already getting some (I presume you know about Fang-Man next year) and depending on the health of the sub come 2014 I do expect more.

I'd love to see a pack of Filmation heads, including He-Man, Skeletor, Me-Man and Tri-Klops (with the hair!). Never happen of course, but would be pretty cool.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Matty got the rights to make Filmation figures for both originals and variants awhile back. Among the released/to be released are Shadow Weaver, Fang Man, and Filmation Randor. The search feature willl help you find several already existing Filmation threads.