Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Look at Nickelodeon version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

First Look at Nickelodeon version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Well, WSJ sort of leaked this one out. It's been confirmed as official. I've got the picture and opinions over at the usual:

Nickelodeon's new TMNT first image

It's not perfect, and there's one potentially controversial change (but it's unconfirmed at the moment) and generally some positive stuff going on. Turtle fans should check it out.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

looks ok, they pretty much look like the turtles, nothing too drastic or dramatic a change. aside from the possible nunchaku omission which IMO is really stupid as it's so much easier to hurt maim of kill someone with the other weapons than a nunchaku. This is something I never understood, even before the rise of TMNT.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    It's still too early to tell IMO, but it could be a decent show. I've loved almost every other TMNT show, except the Next Mutation and Fast Foward, so maybe this will be on par with the early 2003 show.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

seems like it's been forever since i heard anything about the new show. when does it come out?

their heads look weird to me (except for raph), but overall i like the way they look. hope michelangelo has his nunchuks on the show.

Looks like the turtles, will wait for an actual trailer reveal first

Nickelodeon has been really working hard on Voltron and Power Rangers to keep them true to their originals, so I don't see why they would give any less to the Turtles

Though I do agree with the authors mindset on the weapons
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A Kusari-gama is even more dangerous than Nunchaku...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

What's with the HUGE hands?
    Michelangelo looks bizarre.
    Other than that... doesn't look bad.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

I must say, I’m not a huge fan of that style. Obviously you can’t judge the whole series on this piece alone, but I just personally don’t like the look of the characters. I’m more interested in the new film, anyway.

Whatever Mikey's holding looks more like a manriki than a kurisama to me. I don't see a blade on its end, but it's not a large, clear pic, so maybe I'm just missing it.

Edit: I see it now. I think my eyesight's failing. XD

Anyway, I'll check this out. IMHO it'll be difficult for it to top the 2000s series, though. =)
    Last edited by Jon; March 7, 2011 at 09:28pm.

It's kinda hard to tell from that one pic. It doesn't look that bad though since none of them have been given sideburns.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    so far not bad. But I still need to see how April and Shredder look before I make a call on the designs.

Of course how good they look is pointless if the storyline sucks. (Please no Utrom Shredder!)
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    What's with the HUGE hands?
    When I saw the huge arms I thought to myself that Popeye cloned himself and got sea sick.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Why don't they give Don a spear while we're at it! Cause everyone knows that a bladed weapon is safer than a bo staff or nuchucks...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

If I had the talent, I'd do an animated movie of the turtles going through an airport scanner. Leo, Raph, and Don make it fine with weapons, but mike gets accosted...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Don't see as much hype about this as say.. the Thundercats. Maybe it's too soon for a reboot? I'm interested to see what they do. I loved Turtles Forever. I've caught a few episodes of the 200X TMNT.. and I haven't watched the old school cartoons in forever.. but have enjoyed the movies again recently. I also need to watch the latest TMNT movie in CGI, to which this picture reminds me of the most.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Eh, I'll play new video games if they make any because they are always fun. However, the only TMNT I can watch is the original cartoon series and the first 2 movies. Hopefully they can make some cool figures.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

They're doing it again? Interesting. Well, the designs are pretty standard, but they've got a classic comic vibe which is pretty cool. Looking forward to toys, if they can learn to put in some decent articulation.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

<-------------HUGE TMNT fan here, from the old black and whites forward (with forgivable skips over Next Mutation and bits of the FF series, of course). I was just thinking that it's been too long since any TMNT news wandered under my nose, and voila! This could be good. I'm keen on them sticking to the mythology, but open to new explorations, as the last series did.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Why don't they give Don a spear while we're at it! Cause everyone knows that a bladed weapon is safer than a bo staff or nuchucks...
    Nunchaku generate enough force that they can shatter bones. Not break, SHATTER!
    And if they can shatter bones, I cringe to think of what they could do to organs.
    They can also, it seems, be used as a strangulation weapon (the reason why they are illegal in germany).
    Not to mention it takes tremendous skill to wield a Nunchaku. If not wielded properly the wielder can end up hurting himself.
    Nunchakus are far more than just two sticks with a chain. They are deadly in many ways.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I only got into TMNT in the last few years really. I got hooked on the last few issues of the comic. The comic is what I'm really interested in seeing, if they're is one.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Its not too terrible but I also dislike the huge hands

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    And if they can shatter bones, I cringe to think of what they could do to organs.
    They can also, it seems, be used as a strangulation weapon (the reason why they are illegal in germany).
    Not to mention it takes tremendous skill to wield a Nunchaku. If not wielded properly the wielder can end up hurting himself.
    Nunchakus are far more than just two sticks with a chain. They are deadly in many ways.
    much easier to kill someone or yourself with a gun or a sai than a nunchaku. yes it takes tremendous skill to use and it's that skill that is needed to generate bone shattered strength. Swords Sai's and bo staffs take skill too and can strangle kill maim any weapon is dangerous in the wrong or right hands. and the Kusari-gamar as pointed is is much more dangerous and way easier to seriously hurt yourself with than nunchaku
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Oddly,nunchucks are illegal in New York.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunchaku#Legality

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Katana can cut your head off.
    Being hit by a bo on the head can give you potentially lethal concussion.
    And sai's can rip your eyes out and turn your kidneys into Swiss cheese.
    Last edited by Grimbot; March 9, 2011 at 06:56am.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Yeah I honestly don't understand the laws regarding this, esp in the US the right to bear arms is always a gun rights issue and not katanas sais nunchaku etc. those weapons can be banned with no backlash but guns, that is sacred. arms is weapons period isn't it?

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Yeah I honestly don't understand the laws regarding this, esp in the US the right to bear arms is always a gun rights issue and not katanas sais nunchaku etc. those weapons can be banned with no backlash but guns, that is sacred. arms is weapons period isn't it?
    People also tend to forget the well regulated portion, but you are right in that it tends to be mainly a concern in regards to firearms. Even wikipedia says it's short for armaments then redirects to weapons which include non firearms.

Still I found it odd that, it was OK for Leonardo to put his katana through what he thought was Splinter to save his life, yet One Piece had all guns turned into pop/cork guns. And these were shown back to back.

As far as the picture it's just that in fact it's more of a poster and those tend to be not entirely accurate. I wasn't particularly fond of the early art for Spectacular Spider-man then I saw it in motion and loved the show.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it