View Poll Results: What style should the new movie be executed in?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

3 50.00%
  • Traditional High Quality 2D Animation

0 0%
  • Standard High Quality CGI Animation

0 0%
  • Live Action

3 50.00%
  • NO MOVIE!!!

0 0%

Thread: How about the new movie in Avatar-esque CGI?

How about the new movie in Avatar-esque CGI?

I haven't really spent much time discussing or thinking about the new movie mainly because I feel it cannot be done in live action without losing the MOTU charm. And feel it's a waste of time and money. However...

I am not sure if this has been proposed before but how about the new MOTU movie executed in CGI with the same technology, quality and realism as Avatar?

Normally I would cringe at the idea of MOTU being done in CGI, but if done similar to Avatar I think it could actually work!

You could get all the realism of live action and live actors - yet retain all the stylistic components that make it work so well in animation and toys. The surreal landscapes of Eternia would also benefit GREATLY from this ultra realistic CGI style. It would work on every level (even Orko!)

I truly feel this is the only way a MOTU movie could actually work and be successful in Hollywood. Any thoughts?

the full cgi movies "serious" never work at the box office.

I want a live action movie with great CGI

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I tend to agree... But Avatar was the first movie to break that statement. And as time marches on it's going to be harder and harder to distinguish between CGI humans and real ones.

I want a live action movie with great CGI
    Yeah. A mix would be good.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

i would love like avatar, I see the incredible scenery of pandora and I can not stop to imagine Eternia, I see these creatures and I can not stop imagining a battle-cat on CGI.

i want that technology to motu , but humans must remain human

i would love like avatar, I see the incredible scenery of pandora and I can not stop to imagine Eternia, I see these creatures and I can not stop imagining a battle-cat on CGI.

i want that technology to motu , but humans must remain human
    Well the humans in Avatar DID remain human... He-Man, Evil-Lyn, Teela, Randor etc. would remain 90% human in my proposal (I say 90% because a CGI overlay would probably be used to blend into the CGI world).

Characters like Man-at-Arms (mainly due to his equipment), Stratos, Mekanek, Tri-Klops, Man-E-Faces and even the Sorceress would rely more on CGI elements.

It's the characters like Battle Cat, Orko, Whiplash, Two-Bad, Clawful, Hordak, Skeletor etc. that would benefit most from the CGI as they would look ultra realistic versions of the characters we love and still retain all the soul.

I dunno... Even though it is an artform in it's own right - movie makeup cannot give half the MOTU characters the justice they deserve. The Avatar-esque CGI technology would allow the creators the ability to deliver MOTU characters (and the world of Eternia for that matter) in it's 'true' form. Any other execution (save 2D animation) will alter the style too much for my taste.

I don't want to see a bunch of guys running around in rubber costumes. Do it right this time. The technology is there.

*** I might also add... This technology would allow *ANY* actor to play both Prince Adam and He-Man. The actor wouldn't need to be a bodybuilder to play the role. The body could be done artificially (while looking 100% convincingly real). A real actor as He-Man would also dramatically bring down the cheese factor. Nothing worse than a He-Man lookalike bodtbuilder who cannot act.
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; March 8, 2011 at 05:31pm.