Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92

Thread: What would the only original "Darius" figure be worth these days?

  1. #1
    Widget AnneBrockhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23

    What would the only original "Darius" figure be worth these days?

    Hi folks,
    I found some pictures of the only original "Darius" figure in a german forum.
    It looks awesome! The guy seems to have it directly from one of the designers and the figure is hand painted and complete with mace.
    I am sure he would never sell it, but I just asked myself what this one of a kind figure would be worth over 20 years later.

    Best Wishes!
    Anne


  2. #2
    Widget AnneBrockhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBrockhaus View Post
    Hi folks,
    I found some pictures of the only original "Darius" figure in a german forum.
    It looks awesome! The guy seems to have it directly from one of the designers and the figure is hand painted and complete with mace.
    I am sure he would never sell it, but I just asked myself what this one of a kind figure would be worth over 20 years later.

    Best Wishes!
    Anne

    Here is a pictures by the way
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,128
    That's pretty amazing! I've never seen him without the helmet on! Hopefully, that means we're looking at two heads for Darius when he come to MOTUC!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  4. #4
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    well i would think he could pretty much name whatever price he wants since it is a 1 of a kind piece.

    it will become even MORE expensive if/when they make him in MOTUC
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  5. #5
    Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBrockhaus View Post
    Here is a pictures by the way
    This is a cool pic to see! Thank you.

    I wouldn't know where to begin to speculate on the absolute value of that piece. I just know I'm sure as hell out of the running!

  6. #6
    Widget AnneBrockhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23
    Here are some more pics from the german site.
    I guess the arm could be turned also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    775
    He's gotta be worth alot. I'd gladly pay $3500- for him if as long as its the real thing.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior mahuti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    280
    I seem to recall a prototype darius figure selling on ebay in the last few years. I'm not sure if it went for $3500, but it was fairly high.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

  9. #9
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,545
    Without his helmet on his head looks kind of a like bow/seahawk

    Now I want him in MOTUC bad!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  10. #10
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He's gotta be worth alot. I'd gladly pay $3500- for him if as long as its the real thing.
    $3,500 for an action figure? You and I need to talk. I've got a project that I need an investor for.

  11. #11
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,103
    Sweet this is the first time I've seen him with out the helmet, thanks for posting

    I also really want this guy in MOTUC, infact he's my most wanted NA character.

    Heeeere's Olesker! - sorry if this this has been asked somewhere before, but was their any reason why this guy wasn't in the animated series?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  12. #12
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,296
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Sweet this is the first time I've seen him with out the helmet, thanks for posting

    I also really want this guy in MOTUC, infact he's my most wanted NA character.

    Heeeere's Olesker! - sorry if this this has been asked somewhere before, but was their any reason why this guy wasn't in the animated series?
    Not a problem, and no, it hasn't been asked before. (Btw, fans never have to apologize to me for anything. Fans are the reason writers, producers, directors and toy companies exist. )

    Time blurs things a bit when you've written over a thousand episodes of television, but I'm sure Mike Bock or one of our other NA encyclopediaists can give a definitive answer on whether or not Darius actually appeared in any of the animated episodes. My recollection is that he either did not appear or played an extremely minor role. I do not recall him being in the series. If he did not appear in the series then it was because he was not presented to me by Mattel during the formal presentation of the toy-line -- neither in Wave One nor Wave Two. I made certain that every action figure presented to me -- whether Wave One or Wave Two -- appeared in at least one episode.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; April 10, 2011 at 01:37pm.

  13. #13
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Not a problem, and no, it hasn't been asked before. (Btw, fans never have to apologize to me for anything. Fans are the reason writers, producers, directors and toy companies exist. )

    Time blurs things a bit when you've written over a thousand episodes of television, but I'm sure Mike Bock or one of our other NA encyclopediaists can give a definitive answer on whether or not Darius actually appeared in any of the animated episodes. My recollection is that he either did not appear or played an extremely minor role. I do not recall him being in the series. If he did not appear in the series then it was because he was not presented to me by Mattel during the formal presentation of the toy-line -- neither in Wave One nor Wave Two. I made certain that every action figure presented to me -- whether Wave One or Wave Two -- appeared in at least one episode.
    Thanks for your reply Jack. I'm pretty sure he never appeared in the animated series, however he did appear in on the back of some of the toy lines packaging and in some of the licensed comics.
    You may have read about it here on the .org but it was recently revealed that the figure was never released because they couldn't get his action feature to work. So my guess is that Mattel had abandoned further development of the figure by the time they presented the toy line to you,
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  14. #14
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    5,296
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Thanks for your reply Jack. I'm pretty sure he never appeared in the animated series, however he did appear in on the back of some of the toy lines packaging and in some of the licensed comics.
    You may have read about it here on the .org but it was recently revealed that the figure was never released because they couldn't get his action feature to work. So my guess is that Mattel had abandoned further development of the figure by the time they presented the toy line to you,
    Understood and thank you for that information.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Pescara - ITALY
    Posts
    1,897
    3500 for a plastic figure?

    WOW!

    I don't have a prototype but I have a Darius test shoot, that is unpainted. Yet it is very similar to that prototype to me.

    Pics of that test shoot can be found in this org

    http://www.he-man.org/collecting/pro...776&image=5920

  16. #16
    Widget AnneBrockhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Not a problem, and no, it hasn't been asked before. (Btw, fans never have to apologize to me for anything. Fans are the reason writers, producers, directors and toy companies exist. )

    Time blurs things a bit when you've written over a thousand episodes of television, but I'm sure Mike Bock or one of our other NA encyclopediaists can give a definitive answer on whether or not Darius actually appeared in any of the animated episodes. My recollection is that he either did not appear or played an extremely minor role. I do not recall him being in the series. If he did not appear in the series then it was because he was not presented to me by Mattel during the formal presentation of the toy-line -- neither in Wave One nor Wave Two. I made certain that every action figure presented to me -- whether Wave One or Wave Two -- appeared in at least one episode.
    I think this question has been asked to you before, but it was a while ago and I guess you can not remember every single question

    Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    3500 for a plastic figure?

    WOW!

    I don't have a prototype but I have a Darius test shoot, that is unpainted. Yet it is very similar to that prototype to me.

    Pics of that test shoot can be found in this org

    http://www.he-man.org/collecting/pro...776&image=5920
    Hi Andrea,
    funny story, the guy told me that he haunted you to sell your testshot to him, but you refused He never heard from you again.
    After that he found Martin Arriola, the Designer of the good guys of the new adventure line.

    Martin sold this figure to him, it is handpainted by the "father of Darius", and it is complete including the mace and a cape, just the helmet is missing.

    I guess this figure is far more worth than 3500 $.
    You just need to find someone who would pay this much.
    Anyway...he would never sell it, not for a million
    Last edited by AnneBrockhaus; April 18, 2011 at 01:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Pescara - ITALY
    Posts
    1,897
    Hi Anne,
    yes that's true! I have been offered a very high price for the test shoot from him, but I was not conviced to sell.

    I was in conflict, I heard the story of the owner of prototype and I really think he deserved that test shoot and he offered even a price that was far higher than that I would ask for a piece of plastic.

    So I am very happy he owns now an authentic Darius figure as complete as it can be and I hope he paid it much less than what he offered to me. And I really believe that he will never sell it couse he has much contacts with this figure.

    Does he also owns a Mara test shoot or prototype?
    I know there are some out there.
    Peter Le Rose had many of them...

    I cannot offer a hyper price like 3500 but sometimes prototypes and test shoots goes for much lower (an Insyzor test shoot just ended for 270 USD).

  18. #18
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,759
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Without his helmet on his head looks kind of a like bow/seahawk

    Now I want him in MOTUC bad!
    Are you kidding me? He's TOTALLY King Randor! With the hair, beard, cape...heck...even the COLOURS!

    Also, those pictures are awesome!

    Someone should request more pictures of him so the Four Horsemen have great source material for when he gets sculpted for MOTUC.

    Also, this Darius is different from the prototype on the back of the package! His mace is silver and his action-arm is straight and not bent. Very neat!

    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  19. #19
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,518
    That's pretty damn awesome! Love when these rarities surface.

  20. #20
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Are you kidding me? He's TOTALLY King Randor! With the hair, beard, cape...heck...even the COLOURS!
    I was referring MOTUC wise, Randor's hair and body would not work at all and if you added a beard to Bows head he would look closer to Darius imho
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  21. #21
    Widget AnneBrockhaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23
    @Darkspecter: The mace is just not painted in silver.
    Attached are some pics of the figure before it was painted.
    It looks much like andreas but seems to be in a perfect condition.
    The arm is just like it was in all promo books.

    @Andrea: I guess he paid about 2000 $ or even a lot more,.
    Itīs hard to tell how much this figure is worth. If he hab an offer
    for lets say 5000 $, but he would not sell it for this price, then this
    figure would be more valuable.

    I donīt know what you paid for your test shot on ebay, around 500?
    But you would not sell it for this price Just a hypothetical question:
    For how much would you sell your Darius Test Shot? If you would ever sell it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Pescara - ITALY
    Posts
    1,897
    gREAT PICS!
    This Darius unpainted is exactly like my testshoot.
    Really identical from all point of views. In colors and molds.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,868
    Pretty interesting for me to find out things about this toy that I'd never imagined, such as the cape and helmet being removable, which in hindsight makes sense.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior JAG2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    609
    Can someone explain to me who Darius is exactly? I recently saw all the NA episodes on the DVDs but dont recall seeing him, was he a toy only? If so what role is he supposed to be e.g. hero or villain?

    JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

    Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,868
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Can someone explain to me who Darius is exactly? I recently saw all the NA episodes on the DVDs but dont recall seeing him, was he a toy only? If so what role is he supposed to be e.g. hero or villain?

    JAG2045
    He was a toy-only character, but his toy was never released. He would've been an older mentor-type character for He-Man if he had featured more, which was roughly how he was in his few comic appearances. A shame he never made it as a toy and was never in the cartoon, but this is what MOTUC is for!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •