Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would the only original "Darius" figure be worth these days?

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I do not really care if this Darius figure is genuine or not, as I have never been NA fan. I also think there are much more important things than discussing about authenticity or fake.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    I do not really care if this Darius figure is genuine or not, as I have never been NA fan. I also think there are much more important things than discussing about authenticity or fake.
    As the creator of the series you've never been a fan of, I say 'Bravo' for your post.

@ Olesker
    It gived a NewAdventure Bootleg figure from Sylvester „Sly“ Gardenzio Stallone!

maybe is posible to custum him to Rocky ;D
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    As the creator of the series you've never been a fan of, I say 'Bravo' for your post.
    Neither I've ever been a fan of NA, nor I am the creator of anything. Don't blame me for saying my piece on the controversy between AnneBrockhaus and ²He-Ro, the only thing I tried here was to decide their dispute. I don't intend to get in conflict with anyone here or create misunderstandings. As far as I know, there is freedom of opinion in this forum.
    Last edited by Queen Grayskull; July 18, 2011 at 10:34am.

Neither I've ever been a fan of NA, nor I am the creator of anything. Don't blame me for saying my piece on the controversy between AnneBrockhaus and ²He-Ro, the only thing I tried here was to decide their dispute. I don't intend to get in conflict with anyone here or create misunderstandings. As far as I know, there is freedom of opinion in this forum.
    You don't understand. I'm not saying you're the creator of NA. I'm the creator of NA...as well as the writer of thirty-seven episodes of it and twelve hundred episodes of produced television. (Note my thread at the top of this forum. Or don't, since you're not an NA fan. That's a joke! That's a joke! )

Quite the opposite of blaming you for saying your piece, I was only pointing out that as the creator of NA I take no offense at your not liking the series and I agree with the rest of your post, as you'll see if you check out my nearly identical-to-your post before it.

I can see where the word structure that I posted could have been confusing. I probably should have said "I'm the creator of the series you never liked, but I applaud your post." I was just trying to make light of your not liking the series that I created.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; July 18, 2011 at 05:31pm.

You don't understand. I'm not saying you're the creator of NA. I'm the creator of NA...as well as the writer of thirty-seven episodes of it and twelve hundred episodes of produced television. (Note my thread at the top of this forum. Or don't, since you're not an NA fan. That's a joke! That's a joke! )

Quite the opposite of blaming you for saying your piece, I was only pointing out that as the creator of NA I take no offense at your not liking the series and I agree with the rest of your post, as you'll see if you check out my nearly identical-to-your post before it.

I can see where the word structure that I posted could have been confusing. I probably should have said "I'm the creator of the series you never liked, but I applaud your post." I was just trying to make light of your not liking the series that I created.
    Hi Olesker, thanks for your words and the detailed explanation. I know who you are and knew it before. I apologize for saying "I've never been a fan of NA", for that has created a huge misunderstanding here, too, which I didn't want to cause. I should have said "I've never been a fan of the NA TOYLINE", that's the point. I liked the NA Cartoon series, it was cool! But I never collected any NA action figures, because they looked very ugly in my eyes. Therefore I don't really care what a Darius figure - no matter if original or fake - would be worth nowadays, as I'd never buy one! I just wanted to support my friend ²He-Ro and "defend" him against Anne's claim that his profile, even his whole person, could be a fake, for as his friend who knows him personally, I know it better. That's all.
    Sorry, however, it was not my intention to put the cat among the pigeons.

Hi Olesker, thanks for your words and the detailed explanation. I know who you are and knew it before. I apologize for saying "I've never been a fan of NA", for that has created a huge misunderstanding here, too, which I didn't want to cause. I should have said "I've never been a fan of the NA TOYLINE", that's the point. I liked the NA Cartoon series, it was cool! But I never collected any NA action figures, because they looked very ugly in my eyes. Therefore I don't really care what a Darius figure - no matter if original or fake - would be worth nowadays, as I'd never buy one! I just wanted to support my friend ²He-Ro and "defend" him against Anne's claim that his profile, even his whole person, could be a fake, for as his friend who knows him personally, I know it better. That's all.
    Sorry, however, it was not my intention to put the cat among the pigeons.
    Understood, appreciated and agreed with.

And by the way, there's no need for anyone to feel that their not being a fan of NA offends me. I've been in this business a long time, have an elephant-thick hide and truly believe everyone has a right to their own opinion. Toward that end, I've tried to be candid in expressing my views, open to criticism, grateful for praise and willing and eager to learn from and accept responsibility for my errors.

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    I just wanted to put a message into the conversation between Hero and Annebrockhaus.

The prototype shown in catalogues is of course different from the test shoot that AnneBrockhaus is referring to.

It is normal that the test shoots show some differences from the resin prototypes. It happens all the times. Just refer to the pictures of the Mara resin prototypes and test shoots that surfaced thanks to Peter Lerose and that are now in hand of lucky collectors.

AnneBrockhaus's Darius is a test shoot just like mine. They are identical under all aspect I could see, except that mine is unpainted.

The owner of the painted test shoot is a really GREAT and reliable collector and has a increbible collection of New Adventure Toys.
    Before his testshoot showed up he offered a very high price to me for my test shoot.
    I was lucky to buy my test shoot at a very fair price (still high, but affordable) and I was tempted at his offer, but not 100% convinced, even though I was sure that he is a much greater collector than me and this piece was more worth to be in his collection than mine.

Luckly he found another test shoot and I am happy that he can have it in hos collection without give up on mine.

I examined my testshoot closely and it is a real test shoot. It was made in late '80s and is authentic. The pictures on he-man.org of the test shoot are pictures of my actual test shoot and many reliable collectors have no doubt in acknowledging that the test shoot is authentic.

AnneBrokhaus's test shoot is exactly like mine, just painted.

The paint is an special addition that was made earlier.
    The owner of the test shoot contacted the mattel designer of Darius and had it painted straight from him.
    So even after many years it is actually an authentic paint-job from a "former" Mattel Employee, complete with mace.
    I find amazing also the vintage Darius sketch that the designer gave him.

I have no doubts about the authenticity of the Darius figure.
    It is definitely not a custom made by a fan or an artist. It is a vintage Mattel testshoot of an unproduced figure, and the owner commissioned the real designer to paint it according to the original paint scheme for the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    I just wanted to put a message into the conversation between Hero and Annebrockhaus.

The prototype shown in catalogues is of course different from the test shoot that AnneBrockhaus is referring to.

It is normal that the test shoots show some differences from the resin prototypes. It happens all the times. Just refer to the pictures of the Mara resin prototypes and test shoots that surfaced thanks to Peter Lerose and that are now in hand of lucky collectors.

AnneBrockhaus's Darius is a test shoot just like mine. They are identical under all aspect I could see, except that mine is unpainted.

The owner of the painted test shoot is a really GREAT and reliable collector and has a increbible collection of New Adventure Toys.
    Before his testshoot showed up he offered a very high price to me for my test shoot.
    I was lucky to buy my test shoot at a very fair price (still high, but affordable) and I was tempted at his offer, but not 100% convinced, even though I was sure that he is a much greater collector than me and this piece was more worth to be in his collection than mine.

Luckly he found another test shoot and I am happy that he can have it in hos collection without give up on mine.

I examined my testshoot closely and it is a real test shoot. It was made in late '80s and is authentic. The pictures on he-man.org of the test shoot are pictures of my actual test shoot and many reliable collectors have no doubt in acknowledging that the test shoot is authentic.

AnneBrokhaus's test shoot is exactly like mine, just painted.

The paint is an special addition that was made earlier.
    The owner of the test shoot contacted the mattel designer of Darius and had it painted straight from him.
    So even after many years it is actually an authentic paint-job from a "former" Mattel Employee, complete with mace.
    I find amazing also the vintage Darius sketch that the designer gave him.

I have no doubts about the authenticity of the Darius figure.
    It is definitely not a custom made by a fan or an artist. It is a vintage Mattel testshoot of an unproduced figure, and the owner commissioned the real designer to paint it according to the original paint scheme for the figure.
    Hey Andrea,
    thank you for finally confirming thyt this test shot is a real one.
    I could not understand some people at all. Claiming something would be fake without any prove is just lame to me.

greetz

Still hoping for a Darius figure in 2012!
    Last edited by AnneBrockhaus; October 13, 2011 at 05:00am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Man... I wish I had that proto..er... test shot... ah... who really cares?! This is as vintage as you get! I wish I had that Darius in my collection!!

To anyone saying that the painted Darius in the pictures posted is a fake, I can assure you that it most certainly is not a fake! This is not a custom figure; simply a custom paint job by the man who designed the figure. Martin Arriola has been working at Mattel since the 80s, and was one of the main designers working on the original lines. This is the man who designed the Eternia playset! He was at Power Con in LA this year, and showed art from a number of MOTU projects he had worked on.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 18, 2011 at 03:59pm.

Anyone who wants a MotUC Darius is able to nominate him as fan choice figure for 2013. ;-)

One more proof that this figur mentioned is real:

http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2834

For anyone who is interested in seeing the test shot / painted proto from Germany on some action pics go here:

http://www.planetprimus.de/cgi-bin/m...D=46490;Page=2

Best

I hadn't seen any pictures of Darius without his helmet on before so I was really pleased to see these
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBrockhaus View Post
    One more proof that this figur mentioned is real:

For anyone who is interested in seeing the test shot / painted proto from Germany on some action pics go here:

Best
    So now the test shoots are 3!
    As far as I can tell there are no difference between the 3, so I guess these are test shoots from the same mold.
    Nice to see the test shoot of Eldor!
    I guess there are more of ELDOR test shoots too!!!

Yes the Eldor test shoot looks cool!

@Anne
    sorry i see no proof!

a PROOF is:
    - if Matell says/write in a book that is the "original Darius"
    - Dave Wolfram made a short YouTube-Video with this Figure and said: he made it and show the Figure in all details!
    - When ToyGuru Scott in a Video said this is the original!

no Proof is:
    - a Mail or a Letter (i can fake every Mail or Letter)
    - hand drawing (every one can paint this and tell is from the creator)
    - webpage with picture Dave Wolfram (this i can fake too easy)
    - the Topic from the Planet Eternia (the Guy there talk much and show no proof)
    - some talking's in web of people, are known, they have to do with the production of NA & MOTU

my personel Meaning
    - I mean this is a Fan-Made-Conversion Figure
    - I think this Darius is a Great Conversion!
    - IcariusOnFire want we belive him but he fool us!
    - IcariusOnFire and andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it are same person or Friends!
    - It is far too easy Today to pour parts for figures and to assert that it is a test-shoot original figure!

- I want to hurt no one, i just want the truth and evidence!
    Last edited by ²He-Ro; August 19, 2012 at 06:46pm.

Hi!
    I am just andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it
    I am not the same person of IcariusOnFire and we never planned anything together to pretend to own a prototype.

I really wish I really could REMAKE the test shoots SO EASILY!
    If so I would so much make an ELDOR test shoot, and a MARA prototype that I want SO MUCH!

Personally I own some testshoots and prototype and some box proof and I don't care about showing any proof.

I don't try to fool no one and it is unfair that you talk about me in such a way. Think about it!

Want you Eldor and Mara as MOTUC ?

i can say i want!

Sorry andrea but, that is the impression I have!

I stay on the thing off and I should be wrong and I will apologize to you!

I hope you will mantain your word.

I never pretended to be anyone else than me!

And if you have your right to have your own impressions, surely this statement sounds unfair to me.

So please if you really seeking for the truth, go deep in this "story".

I am sure some people still remember the DARIUS TESTSHOOT auction that I won on ebay. This came from USA. Not germany.

Also I don't know who IcariusOnFire is (even though I recall I heard this nick before) but he's not a friend of mine in the sense you are meaning.

When you will understand I will gladly welcome your apologies.

By the way, did you receive my first email with the picture? DO I need to rensend? In this latter case, can you rewrite your email address? Thanks.

Hi All,
    Not just that IcariusOnFire is not a friend of Andrea The Cat, he doesn´t even know if he or she is a man or a woman and I don´t know either. Just from the writing style you can easily tell that they are not the same person and I´m not AndreaTheCat as well.

At this point it’s not about us proofing that anything is what it is, because it´s just crystal clear.
    He-Ro you just need to put the pieces together….

This is the testshot that andrea bought a few years ago on ebay:
    http://he-man.org/collecting/prototy...776&image=5920

This is the testshot of Eddy Mosqueda the Mattel sculptor:

This is the testshot of IcariusOnFire, which again, he bought from Martin Arriola not from Dave Wolfram.

Just take your time and review all single parts of these 3, there is not a single difference between them.
    And by the way to mold a exact replica of the figure is nearly impossible even for the best sculptors.
    The only way would be a 3D Scan an a 3D reprint.

Once you figured out that all 3 figures are the same, ask yourself why the latest one form Eddy
    Looks exactly like the one from IcariusOnFire which appeared a few years ago. There have been no
    detailed pictures of Andreas figure, so there was no way for IcariusOnFire to take this one as model.

There have been no detailed pictures of the back of the figure before. The ones from Icarius
    Are the first ones I saw. The pictures of Eddys figure are so detailed just like the ones from Icarius.
    As I said compare it…no difference.

Please remember this forum is for sharing information with each other and to have fun.
    It´s not for blaming anybody for no reason at all.

Best
    Last edited by AnneBrockhaus; August 22, 2012 at 06:51am.

This is surely one of the more interesting threads I've read. It has all the elements of a good mystery program. I'm eager to see how it all ends.

@Olesker: Do you think the new advetures animated series would have been much different with Darius involved?
    I mean the Team of He-Man / Flipshot / Darius appears to be stronger and Darius could even have replaced Sebrian....

This is surely one of the more interesting threads I've read. It has all the elements of a good mystery program. I'm eager to see how it all ends.
    We also have a mysterious shadow character of unknown gender!

By the way I am a 38 years old Italian male. Andrea is my first name. In Italy Andrea is used for men.
    And I never pretended to be a woman, and most important I never pretended to be someone else than me.
    I am pointing this clearly so that Mr He-Ro can get a look at the truth, he is so desperately seeking and I really hope that the light of truth shows him the way!

This is from WIKIPEDIA about the name Andrea, if someone cares.
    Origin of the name
    It derives from the Greek ανήρ (anēr), genitive ανδρός (andrós), that indicates the man as opposed to the woman (while man in the meaning of human being is άνθρωπος, ánthropos, ανθρώπου, anthrópou). The original Greek name, Andréas, represents the hypocoristic, with endearment functions, of male Greek names composed with the andr- prefix, like Androgeos, Androcles, Andronikos. The same root ανδρ-, andr- denoting the male gender is found e.g. in misandry (the hatred of the male sex), andrology (male physiology), androgens (male hormones) and polyandry (the practice of taking more than one husband at the same time).
    In the year 2006, it was the third most popular name in Italy with 3.1% of newborns.[1] It is one of the Italian male names ending in a, with others being Elia (Elias), Enea (Aeneas), Luca (Lucas), Mattia (Matthias), Nicola (Nicholas), Tobia (Tobias).
    It is traditionally popular because, according to the Christian Bible, Saint Andrew was one of the earliest disciples of Jesus and one of the twelve Apostles.
    Last edited by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it; August 22, 2012 at 11:27am.

For what it's worth, and while Andrea the Cat probably doesn't know me much, I've inquired about prices from him from time to time over the years on various top items like Megator and Tytus and other rare items. I think the first time I ever got in touch with him was probably in 2001 or '02. Anyway, he's been around a long time, and has long had some great stuff in his collection, and great things for sale. I don't, for one second, doubt the veracity of any of his claims about who he is, or what he owns or where he got it. If he says that he got X figure from X person… I'd be inclined to believe him, with or without pictures. He has so much great stuff… what would be the point of lying about one more thing or making up a pseudonym?

I am sure some people still remember the DARIUS TESTSHOOT auction that I won on ebay
    I remember you beating me in it. My bid wasn't that high though, so I expected to lose… still I think I was beaten only at the very end.

Anyway, I don't think this post has devolved totally yet, but it's getting off track. Andrea is who he says he is and that's that, I'd like to see this thread move on.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBrockhaus View Post
    @Olesker: Do you think the new advetures animated series would have been much different with Darius involved?
    I mean the Team of He-Man / Flipshot / Darius appears to be stronger and Darius could even have replaced Sebrian....
    Darius was a very minor character for me in the series and the truth is I remember little about him. Sorry.

Darius was a very minor character for me in the series and the truth is I remember little about him. Sorry.
    Yes, but you´ve once said that Mattel didn´t introduced Darius to you, so that he was never a part of the series at all.
    The way Mattel positioned Darius in the comics let him look very strong. I mean he used to be the leader of the galactic council.