Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official MOTUC Display Ideas / Questions Thread

Official MOTUC Display Ideas / Questions Thread

Hey all - here's the thread for posting questions/ideas for how to display MOTUC figures, accessories, etc.
    Please note, this is different than the thread dedicated to showing off your displays via pictures, which you can find here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=display

Okay so I've always had these minor displays in the past, a few figures at most. But with Classics I really want to go for it, I'm buying some bookcases today for a display unit. I plan on having each shelf be dedicated to a single faction (man my 200x snake Teela is gonna be lonely until October comes and I make her out of a spare Teela) anyway I'm thinking of printing out a background and putting it behind each faction.

Anyone have any good suggestions for potential backgrounds?

I used the green stone BG from matty's web site to edge my shelves.

hmm you know what, the brick background might actually be pretty cool looking for the Snakemen shelf. I might edge out the shelves I dunno I'm still thinking about using backdrops though. (this desire comes mostly from the fact that we'll never get a filmation style Fright Zone)

Heroic Warrior
    I thought about using backdrops. I have something quite special planned, but it might take a while to finish.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    There used to be some backgrounds from the original show around her, methinks, but I can't find them now. That's what I blew up and printed off the computer for my displays.

If you have any kind of program on your computer that captures DVD images, the original series DVDs are full of great pan shots of Grayskull, the Palace, Snake Mountain and the surrounding areas. That's what I blew up and printed off the computer as backgrounds for my displays.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm planning a huge diorama for MotUC (my other figures are simply displayed in shelves) and if it will actually look half as good as I'm planning it, it will be awesome (and almost demanding of a new room in the house lol) If and when I get it made i'll post pictures here

I currently have mine displayed on a bookshelf, but I'm not too happy with it. I want to get some new shelves that are not enclosed so that every figure is clearly visible. As far as backgrounds, I confess that I have yet to get very creative.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I've got mine on displayed on the ledges of my desk (I've got a big corner desk) with the 200X Grayskull and vintage Snake Mountain right now, but I'd like to fix up my vintage Grayskull, put together the rest of Snake Mountain, and get a few more playsets for a nice display or series of display.

I like to use the Detolf display cases from Ikea for showing off loose figures. They are very affordable and look really nice. My AFA graded figures, I plan on buying a larger book case for display.

I use to hang mine up on the walls with a tack. I have no other room for a major growing line on ground level and it was cheap! I got kitten last year though and he swallows everything that is on the ground and we already just barely missed surgery with him before so I am too paranoid to have tacks in the house now.
    I have no idea what I am going to do.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I haven't printed out any backgrounds or anything yet because i spent all day building the bookcases and I'm really happy with them. Got 2 nice shelves of PoP customs, 2 shelves of Horde customs (plus Hordak) my 200x snake Teela just a-waitin for some Classics Snakemen. My evil warriors shelf, a shelf just for my Shokoti. They look really nice I just wish they held more than 3 figures each shelf.

I really loved the orange-desert-like diorama they had at SDCC. I would love to have myself one of those!

I have mine displayed with the 80s Castle Grayskull at the moment. When more POP characters come along I'll use the Crystal Castle as well.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar

Displaying Extra Accessories

I'm sure there are others like me out there that just had to get two mer-men, two Man-at-Arms, and two Teelas so we can display each head. The problem has come with having so many extra accessories. I was just wondering how everyone else is displaying them, or what they are doing with them.
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

i got a nice box they are in.

Im hoping for a grayskull weapons rack one day.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    They make REALLY handy plastic boxes, like Rubbermaid or Tupperware, to store stuff like that in.

A weapon's rack would be awesome but will they ever make a....head rack!?

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    They make REALLY handy plastic boxes, like Rubbermaid or Tupperware, to store stuff like that in.

A weapon's rack would be awesome but will they ever make a....head rack!?
    a head rack interesting
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

i got all my spare stuff thrown in to the castle grayskull display box that came with kg. which upon opening the other day i found was home to a spider, i laughed, then chased him out of there.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

so far i believe i've found a way for all my figures to display most of their stuff, the biggest exception being the warrior ring. i don't count that.

i originally had mer-man's other head balanced on one of the trident's prongs. i've since repositioned mer-man, so the head just sits next to him. MAA clutches his other head in his left arm as if it's the only thing remaining from a fallen comrade. i will never change this pose, even if i swap heads or the weapon in his other hand.

i just got teela the other day. i'm not using the snake armor/helmeted head from teela and i don't have any interaction ideas with the current pose. maybe i'm limiting myself by keeping these items with their original figure...

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Hordak came with so many goodies that I ended up giving his red "Imp" bat to my Mantanna staction. It fits the cuff on Mantanna's arm perfectly.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I put all my spare heads and weapons in a Quality Street tin with the weapons from all my other MOTU toys.

So far, I've managed to stick all of the spare heads on the hilt of weapons, and I've got the warrior ring around Tri-Klops' forearm.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I have all my extra weapons and heads in a nifty little case with seperate spaces that can be made to certain sizes from an arts and crafts store.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I have all my extra accessories in plastic bags, well safe.

I saved one of the white shipping boxes and put all my extra accessories / heads in there. It sits on a shelf. I switch some stuff out every now and again.