Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2014 has been canceled

Power-Con 2014 has been canceled

We appreciate all the kind words and messages of support everyone has shared on behalf of Power-Con. Unfortunately, our goal for advanced sales was not reached which has resulted in cancellation of our 2014 event.

Refunds for tickets, vendor tables, and Goat Man preorders will begin to be issued this weekend and will be completed within 60 days of this announcement. You do not need to contact us to request your refund, it will be automatically processed within the 60 days. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the actual refund process, please contact us via our website.

We’re sorry we were not able to offer Goat Man at Power-Con. MattyCollector will be offering Goat Man at San Diego Comic-Con and later this year via their online store. Much like in previous years with the travelling exclusive, we suspect Goat Man will be fairly easy to obtain online.

The He-Man and She-Ra fan base is a passionate one. It has an amazing online community and we hope it will live on for decades to come. With each new year comes new opportunities for the MOTU and POP brands as well as for the fans. If a new form of entertainment arises for He-Man and She-Ra, such as a movie or cartoon, Power-Con will return and again strive to create the experience that was enjoyed by so many of you at Power-Con in the three previous years.

Please subscribe to our Newsletter so you won’t miss out on important updates, including any news about a possible future convention. Click here to sign up today!

Thank you to all the attendees, vendors, exhibitors, press, volunteers, and talent that have supported Power-Con for the last three years and we wish you a good journey!

Wow - that's definitely not a fun situation to find oneself in! I sincerely hope this motivates folks to buy their tickets and support this edition of the Con. It'll be great to celebrate He-Man and She-Ra in the big apple!

Since iīm living in Germany i canīt attend but i hope it will happen. All of you deserve that Con.

Isnīt it Turtle related as well these days, so i thought some new movie Turtles items could help?
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I have to say to anyone thinking about going: DO IT.

you'll find the panels fun, the merchandise appealing, but most of all - you'll have an incredible time meeting fellow fans.

no one fights. LoL. Everyone is on a MOTU high.

Also, I'll be opening a new musical in the city that weekend... So you can go to the con, and then trek to Manhattan to see the show lol.

Seriously, though, it's a great time. Do it.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I really hope it works out. If one ever comes to Chicago , I will volunteer and be there! I can't afford to come to New York .

Sad news that the ticket sales are so low.

I'd like to go but I already had my vacation to California planned and I can't afford 2 trips in the same year. I was actually hoping that I could "kill two birds with one stone" and do Power-Con and visit my family in California at the same time. Who knew this would be the year that it would go to NY?

Hopefully everything works out in the end.

Bought my advance tickets! Hope this helps, I'm excited to go!
    I am the center of my own Universe!

I have to echo bcrduke's sentiments, if you are at all curious at all then definitely attend! It's a great gather of fans and lots of great art, costumes, and toys for sale as well as fun face time with fans and creators.

I've enjoyed the last two Power-Cons tremendously, and I think any he-fan or any fan of general fantasy will as well.

I hope everyone who can will take the chance to experience the Power!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Is moving the show BACK to Cali even an option at this point? It seems like changing the formula and moving all the way across the country may have not been the right one.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

What about if the show gets cancelled what about the goat man figures. I didn't get him on matty cause I pre ordered
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I have 2 tickets and am looking forward to going. NY is a trek from my Baltimore home, but much easier than California for a weekend excursion.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    good luck. maybe you guys start loking at stats. Have you thought about having it in FL? mmm.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    I feel the move to New York would have been easier to accomplish after the release of a new life action movie. As it stands now, MOTU Classics is winding down, not ramping up. There is still no movie in production, and many collectors are selling off their MOTU collections. I'm hoping to see another Power-Con convention in LA's future, with the same strong guest list as last year's convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    What about if the show gets cancelled what about the goat man figures. I didn't get him on matty cause I pre ordered
    If the show ends up being cancelled and tickets & preorders refunded, you'll probably want to purchase Goat Man online on Matty or via another source post-SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Is moving the show BACK to Cali even an option at this point? It seems like changing the formula and moving all the way across the country may have not been the right one.
    To always stay in one place, niche shows like this are dependent on a combination of show-specific exclusives and/or new entertainment to bring in repeat and new attendees. When that's not there, a show like this exhausts local attendance (as that makes up the bulk of people attending) and needs to move around to new audiences.

The long term future of Power-Con depends more on the future of the MOTU and POP brands. Here's hoping for a new cartoon and/or movie!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I have to echo bcrduke's sentiments, if you are at all curious at all then definitely attend! It's a great gather of fans and lots of great art, costumes, and toys for sale as well as fun face time with fans and creators.

I've enjoyed the last two Power-Cons tremendously, and I think any he-fan or any fan of general fantasy will as well.

I hope everyone who can will take the chance to experience the Power!
    Thanks!
    If everyone who enjoys the show would be so kind as to spread the word about Power-Con online, that would be a huge help. Word-of-mouth always helps immensely.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

this is terrible news! come on He-fans and She-Ravers, use some of that power and make this happen! maybe we need some kind of drives like for the subs? what can be done? Power-Con HAS to continue! this was the year i'm finally taking my kids! if not for yourselves, then someone... PLEASE, think of the children!!! LOL!
    seriously though, i am SO saddened to hear this, and SO hoping we can all get the word out and see this come through!

anyone who has not gone before... THIS is the ULTIMATE fan experience if you love He-Man/She-ra in ANY incarnation! i'm not ashamed to say that going to these cons have been some of the most amazing and rewarding and even surreal times of my life! being in one place with a bunch of other folks who understand, love, and appreciate the same thing as much as you is just TOO cool... especially when some of them are the creative talents behind bringing us all that thing! Can't say enough about how awesome it is... if there's any doubt, take the chance and see for yourself. Power-Con is AWESOME! all of the folks that make it happen do an AMAZING job. you will NOT be disappointed. (But, many people WILL be [including my kids!] if we can't make it happen!) Go buy your tickets, NOW!

- - - Updated - - -

Could NY locals initiate some kind of creative advertisng locally to spread the word?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    To always stay in one place, niche shows like this are dependent on a combination of show-specific exclusives and/or new entertainment to bring in repeat and new attendees. When that's not there, a show like this exhausts local attendance (as that makes up the bulk of people attending) and needs to move around to new audiences.
    I definitely respect that consideration, but when you move the show to NYC and attendance drops considerably you're kind of in the same situation you'd be in if you stayed in LA (where expenses would at least be more manageable) and attendance had dropped. It's sounds like you moved it to in effect test the waters of a new location and hopefully make attendance more robust and healthy- an admirable decision- but it sounds like the 'people have spoken'.

I'm not saying I have the perfect solution, but perhaps moving back to LA- to an audience already familiar with the show and where the talent can get to under their own steam- may be the only way for the show to go on this year.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Living in Santa Monica, you guys lost me when you moved it to the East Coast. I really want to go. Bring it back to LA and I'm there in a heartbeat.

Hope things work out.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, NINJOR, ROTAR, TWISTOID

Widget
    Last year was my first time attending, and I had the time of my life-- in California. After Power-Con, I went to Hollywood, Disneyland and Universal Studios. These places aren't in NYC, along with many of the talented artists, actors, etc. who participated in last year's events. With the line being in its final year, I think moving the Con to the opposite side of the country was a misstep.

Slightly O/T, but there's also a new Batman exhibit at the Warner Bros Studios that I was looking forward to experiencing during a west coast trip this year as well. I understand your reasoning for moving the Con, but my point is that there are other draws to the area that allowed attendees to have a well-rounded experience.

I can't afford to go to NY but if it ever comes to Chicago I'll be the first to buy my tickets! Star wars museum and Power Con in the same city.....Nerdvana!!!

Bummed I just bought non-refundable plane tickets a week and a half ago. So I REALLY hope it can still happen!

I cannot afford to attend now that it is in New York. I was planning on going this year since I have a friend in LA that I can stay with...but when it was announced it would be in New York I had to bow out. I'm still going to LA this fall, but no Power Con there to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I definitely respect that consideration, but when you move the show to NYC and attendance drops considerably you're kind of in the same situation you'd be in if you stayed in LA (where expenses would at least be more manageable) and attendance had dropped. It's sounds like you moved it to in effect test the waters of a new location and hopefully make attendance more robust and healthy- an admirable decision- but it sounds like the 'people have spoken'.

I'm not saying I have the perfect solution, but perhaps moving back to LA- to an audience already familiar with the show and where the talent can get to under their own steam- may be the only way for the show to go on this year.
    I appreciate the feedback.

Destination travel is always a concern for fans everywhere. And a smaller show like this has to plan around local attendance as that makes up the majority of attendees. LA and NY are two of the largest concentrations of MOTU and POP fans in the USA. And we had fans asking every year for us to bring it to NY, more so than any other location. We heard it constantly here, on Facebook, via e-mail, etc.

In LA, most of the vendors were doing great and most of the fans had a great time. But Power-con itself wasn't making money. Like described above, the goal with each show has been just to break even.

So since LA was most likely a loss for the show itself, NY was the better risk since it's a new audience with a large MOTU and POP fan concentration. It's a situation where we don't know for certain until we do it.

Advance sales are always slow for Power-Con, picking up more at the end of June/start of July. But this year they were much slower than before. I'm sure part of it has to do with MOTUC winding down, as AdultCollector mentioned above. But Power-Con NY was something booked last year and we didn't know at that time 2015 would be slated as the last year for MOTUC.

In the end, we put on what I feel were three awesome shows in 2011, 2012 and 2013. The feedback has been awesome. I'm still hoping for a 4th show this year too. I appreciate any help you all can give to get the word out about the show.

Thank you!!!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    I have 2 tickets and am looking forward to going. NY is a trek from my Baltimore home, but much easier than California for a weekend excursion.
    Same here. Am planning to make the drive up with the Mrs. from Charm City. I am so excited to hear Earl Norem will be a guest at the event. Power-Con is the only thing that could ever entice me to visit the Big Apple!!!

I'm hopeful we hit the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zord of Protection View Post
    Last year was my first time attending, and I had the time of my life-- in California. After Power-Con, I went to Hollywood, Disneyland and Universal Studios. These places aren't in NYC, along with many of the talented artists, actors, etc. who participated in last year's events. With the line being in its final year, I think moving the Con to the opposite side of the country was a misstep.

Slightly O/T, but there's also a new Batman exhibit at the Warner Bros Studios that I was looking forward to experiencing during a west coast trip this year as well. I understand your reasoning for moving the Con, but my point is that there are other draws to the area that allowed attendees to have a well-rounded experience.
    I've gotta say that I'm really shocked and also very sad that this is happening. I was fortunate enough to attend the last two cons and absolutely loved them. I would have never guessed in a million years that attendance would be down in of all places New York. I really hope the ticket sales pick up so this can happen, but I do think that California is and always will be the better choice. Good luck Power-Con! I do really hope this year happens.

I bought my Power-Con ticket. I really, really, really hope Power-Con happens! I have attended Power-Con, each year, since the beginning. Power-Con provides a happy & friendly atmosphere. I've met many of my online He-Man & She-Ra friends in person, through Power-Con, which makes this event feel like an annual family reunion. Geeking out with fellow He-Man & She-Ra friends is one of the best experiences that Power-Con provides. If you haven't attended Power-Con, please consider it.
    Manny