Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATTEL please STOP giving us shiny females faces!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar

MATTEL please STOP giving us shiny females faces!

As the title of the thread, I would like to ask to Mattel/ToyGuru/Matty to make skin tone MATT on females faces, exactly like 1 st Teela and Adora got. I like the skin plastic faces but they need to be matt because femmales seems old and tired. Thanks for hear us!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-ด

Butter face has a very different meaning than shiny skin. I think the thread title is hilarious though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    Butter face has a very different meaning than shiny skin. I think the thread title is hilarious though!
    God LOL! if moderators think that title need to be changed, feel free to change, I don't wanted to offend noone it....however, shiny, buttered, butter, sweaty, oil skin....it's all the same to me when you talk about face's skin
    Last edited by AlessandraF; March 4, 2011 at 12:00pm.

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-ด

Heroic Warrior
    I second this. Please mods, don't change the title! It is to coin a phrase... Classic!

Haha, yeah... it can stay as far as I'm concerned.
    It is funny because it is similar to an American expression that basically means "ugly face, good body",
    but I understood your meaning.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    I agree! Definitely hilarious!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    God LOL! if moderators think that title need to be changed, feel free to change, I don't wanted to offend noone it....however, shiny, buttered, butter, sweaty, oil skin....it's all the same to me when you talk about face's skin
    It's not offensive at all, but it is really funny. I do agree that She-Ra's face was too shiny, Teela & Adora have perfect faces. This was the only thing about She-Ra 2.0 that worried me, since we can apparently only get the Filmation head by using the old butter face.

I want Alessandra flown to the China plant - all expenses paid - to oversee production on the gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I want Alessandra flown to the China plant - all expenses paid - to oversee production on the gals.
    hahahahaha, you're sooo good guy Tally!
    I can do it, any problem, seriously you will be happy, but not Mattel
    Last edited by AlessandraF; March 4, 2011 at 12:29pm.

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-ด

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    MATTEL please STOP with buttered face females!
    But they're so delicious and nutritious! With the recommended daily allowances of lead and cadmium, they are a part of any balanced meal.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 4, 2011 at 12:37pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Why stop with the females? No one should have a shiny face, male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Why stop with the females? No one should have a shiny face, male or female.
    You're right but lately there are a predominance among the gals....

It's not offensive at all, but it is really funny. I do agree that She-Ra's face was too shiny, Teela & Adora have perfect faces. This was the only thing about She-Ra 2.0 that worried me, since we can apparently only get the Filmation head by using the old butter face.
    EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Haha, yeah... it can stay as far as I'm concerned.
    It is funny because it is similar to an American expression that basically means "ugly face, good body",
    but I understood your meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I agree! Definitely hilarious!
    Thanks for had clarify, as I'd read someone here using this terminology "butter face" automatically I was thinking it was meaning "shiny skin" LOL... I need an english or american friend in my house!

So, returning ON TOPIC, MATTEL PLEASE NO MORE SHYNY FACES PLEASE! THANK YOU!
    Last edited by AlessandraF; March 4, 2011 at 01:27pm.

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-ด

I completely agree, it looks really bad on MOTUC She-Ra! Please give the new She-Ra a matt face paint and make her skin tone lighter, just like the skin tone used by the 4H on their prototype She-Ra that was shown in Toyfair magazine last year. Catra's skin tone is dead on the money, I hope they will match up She-Ra's skin tone to MOTUC Adora's color and her classic figures which were all fair rather than perma tanned. Finally I hope Mattel make her dress a brillient white (as was also shown is the 4H's MOTUC She-Ra prototype) rather than the dirty white color on the final figures dress.
    Last edited by Angel-T; March 4, 2011 at 01:57pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Alessandra should be fangirl3.0

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I usually agree with 99,9 per cent of Alessandra's posts...

But not this time as I don't like painted faces. I always find them thick looking, as it removes the sharpness of the sculpt. I think Adora and even Teela are good, but the paint on the face makes them look like porcelain dolls.

I love plastic face without paint. Make it less shiny if you will, but to me, it looks a hundred times better when a face is molded in flesh colored plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I'm pretty sure Alessandra never said anything about painted faces, just that they shouldn't be shiny. You're right about painted faces though, they're junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I completely agree, it looks really bad on MOTUC She-Ra! Please give the new She-Ra a matt face paint and make her skin tone lighter, just like the skin tone used by the 4H on their prototype She-Ra that was shown in Toyfair magazine last year. Catra's skin tone is dead on the money, I hope they will match up She-Ra's skin tone to MOTUC Adora's color and her classic figures which were all fair rather than perma tanned. Finally I hope Mattel make her dress a brillient white (as was also shown is the 4H's MOTUC She-Ra prototype) rather than the dirty white color on the final figures dress.
    Hi Tom, I think they just need to replace She-Ra's head with Adora's, using the same process of paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    You never know, maybe one day I could have my own action figure LOL! (I love your SW smillie!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I usually agree with 99,9 per cent of Alessandra's posts...

But not this time as I don't like painted faces. I always find them thick looking, as it removes the sharpness of the sculpt. I think Adora and even Teela are good, but the paint on the face makes them look like porcelain dolls.

I love plastic face without paint. Make it less shiny if you will, but to me, it looks a hundred times better when a face is molded in flesh colored plastic.
    Hello Julien, I like head flesh color molded. It's perfect if you want to customize eye, eyebrow, mouth, etc, but isn't truth that a "small" application of matt color could hide sculpted dettails, to me is the exact opposite because this shine plastic they still using now reflect the light and seems even that it has a transparent surface (see She-Ra's nose), this hide the sculpt dettails much more that matt coloured faces. If you don't like the porcelain effect of Adora, so this is another thing. Teela seems a little less porcelain face than Adora because she has a small application of "rouge" but believe me, I love thousand times Adora's face instead of She-Ra's!
    I think the best solution could be flesh plastic + a very small airbrushed application of flesh color + a small blusher application. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I'm pretty sure Alessandra never said anything about painted faces, just that they shouldn't be shiny. You're right about painted faces though, they're junk.
    The painted faces is another problem too, when the head has a blue plastic (see the Bow) or brown, green...whatever color different of the real flesh color of the character is a bad choice. Many times some figures has small defect on paint and if under there are different color it's ugly to see because most of cases this happened on nose or chin and it's a big problem to fix, unless if you found or produce the same color!

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-ด

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Teela and Adora's faces were done very well. She-Ra looks...scary. The shinyness of her face makes her look like she's melting! It's worse than the ultra-glossy faced version 1 He-Man we got.

Please stop making glossy faces on the women (and the men). It makes the figures look like they're dying in a hot desert.

I'm all for painted faces and NON painted hands. Adora is the standard they should look to. Her face is leagues above the She-Ra we got.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Unfortunately, the new She-Ra will only have one head. If you like the Style Guide tiara, you'll have to stick with the old face even when the improved figure comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Unfortunately, the new She-Ra will only have one head. If you like the Style Guide tiara, you'll have to stick with the old face even when the improved figure comes out.
    This is depressing! 1000 He-Man's variant heads but noone correct (at last) version of She-Ra.... why this I think that Mattel don't care about this character... to them she is perfect like she is? To me not!

No one is with me? Seriously I should to believe people still like or don't care about glossy faces??? C'mon guys, please!

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-ด

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I agree in that the painted faces on Adora and Teela are the nicest ones so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I agree in that the painted faces on Adora and Teela are the nicest ones so far.
    Oooo, finalmente, obrigada Agostinho!

Anyone else can support me on this? (this is not a Filmation/Toy war, male or female, MotU or PoP... I think it's for everyone who want better figures)
    Last edited by AlessandraF; March 11, 2011 at 03:50am.

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-ด

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Future female figures - Oily Face?

I was today looking at some pics of the SDCC reveals and was once again bowled over at how awesome female characters like BG Evil-Lyn, Sorceress and Star Sisters look.

Then I realised that onwards from She-Ra last year - all the females have oily-shiney faces - when compared to "matte" faces like Lyn, Teela and Adora.

I really hope that the new girls we get do not have this issue as it totally underwhelms the figure. I love Catra and BG teela as figures, but would be lying if I said the oily face didn't bother me sometimes.

I just wondered if TG has clarified the reason for this decision - has it been covered in a Q&A?? I did look for it - but couldn't find an answer.

Your thoughts please!

It doesn't bother me that much... but I agree, the overall aesthetic is degraded by not painting the plastic.

I think the plain plastic can look good like in Catra and Marlena, it just varies. Sometimes it's just too glossy. Looking at Evil Lyn at the con I could have sworn that was plain plastic for the head sculpt and it looked fine. As long as it's not glossy plastic it's okay by me.