Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grayskull-Convention 2011 - the ULTIMATE fan-event in Germany!

Grayskull-Convention 2011 - the ULTIMATE fan-event in Germany!

This year the biggest German MOTU fan-convention takes place near Frankfurt/Main, and we want YOU to be a part of it. Lots of spectacular program, awesome international guest-stars and hundreds of Fans from all over the world will make this an unforgettable weekend.

"Since the beginning of the first convention in the year 2001 a lot of things have happened. Fans came and went, 200x came and went, rumors about a new live action movie came, went, came back, involved Brad Pitt, went again and so on... Stactions came and went and for more than two years now brand new MOTUC actionfigures pop up every month.
    But what remained all the time was the passion and love we Fans share for MOTU, that twice a year German fans celebrate together on various locations throughout Germany for 10 years now."

This year, in the light of the 30th anniversary of Masters of the Universe, we are celebrating big time!
    From 2nd to 4th of September fans come together for a weekend loaded with everything MOTU at the “Waldschule” in Bad Soden-Salmuenster, app. half an hours drive from the Frankfurt international airport. And for the first time ever, not only German speaking fans are invited to attend, but every Fan worldwide.

With support from Mattel, Studio 100 Media and many more, and in cooperation with all the major German MOTU-fansites as well as he-man.org, the biggest international MOTU Fansite, we are looking forward to Guest stars, stageshows, workshops, exhibitions, cosplay, contests, raffles, world premieres and more.

GUESTSTARS

Emiliano Santalucia

200x Comicartist from MVCreations and overall MOTU expert.
    Expect panels, autographs and really great chats!

James Eatock

also known as Busta Toons, Publisher of the Cereal:GEEK magazin and author of the Unofficial Guide to the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Cartoon.
    Expect live audiocommentarys for selected Filmation cartoon episodes, autographs and some really awesome stuff he will bring along!

Frank-Otto Schenk

German actor and voice artist for Buzz-Off from the 200x cartoon show.
    Expect panels, live readings and autographs!

Scott Neitlich

Also known as Toy Guru. Scott will most propably not be live on location.
    Expect a live Q&A video conference and some surprises!

EVENTS

Cosplay – the remote location with various landscaping grants for excellent photoshoots with awesome cosplays. A cosplay contest will be held as well. And if you´re new to cosplaying, there will be a cosplay workshop.

Wizard of Stone Mountain – World Premiere of the highly anticipated live-action fanfilm project. Producer John Carroll shows his movie live!

Exhibition – A huge exhibition of various collectibles, unique pieces and background information

Contests – Custom Speed Painting, Fan-Fiction or the “Roboto´s Gambit” chess tournament. Prove your skills and win awesome prices!

Stageshows – From our guest stars panels and discussion rounds to full sized comedy shows, there will be something for every taste live on stage.

Live-Audioplay – A constand highlight on previous conventions. Played live by enthusiastic Fans and with participation from professional artists.

Merchants room and fleamarket – Browse through merchandise, toys, comics and find the collectibles you always searched for. Or have your old collectibles sold by convention staff at the Bring and Buy fleamarket.

And lots more!

Tickets can be ordered now! There are approximately 60 tickets including accommodation (shared rooms) and catering on location. Furthermore we offer tickets for individual days and tickets for the whole weekend for self-catering. (Accommodation and catering on one´s own responsibility)

For registration to the convention please write an email to dj_forceman@yahoo.de with “Registration to Grayskull-Convention” as the subject and including the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your full address
    • Your email address
    • The ticket you like to order
    • Optional: Your nickname

All convention ID-cards are personalized. Please announce whether you´d like your regular name or your nickname mentioned.

Ticket prices are as followed:

Daily Tickets:
    Friday: 6 Euro
    Saturday: 12 Euro
    Sunday: 4 Euro
    Full Tickets with accommodation and catering on location:
    1st of March to 30th of April: 29 Euros
    1st of May to 15th of July: 33 Euros
    16th of July till convention: 35 Euro
    Full Tickets without accommodation and catering:
    1st of March to 30th of April: 17 Euro
    1st of May to 15th of July: 19 Euro
    16th of July till convention: 22 Euros

Tickets with accommodation and catering will be sold on a first come (first to pay), first serve basis.

For an additional 5 Euros we offer Goodie Bags, including vouchers, minicomics, audioplays, toys and so on. One Goodie Bag per attendee only! Please note in your registration if you want to order a Goodie Bag or not.

During the course of the convention we´ll offer softdrinks, water, coffee and beer.

Until the convention in september we will certainly keep you updated with news and details to the program, and announce additional guest stars and program as applicable.

Further information and the detailed program at:
    www.grayskull-con.blog.de
    (english translation under construction!)

We are looking forward to seeing you on the convention!

Best wishes,
    your Grayskull-Convention Team

Last edited by DJ Force; March 28, 2011 at 05:31am.

Leave it to the Germans to show America how it's done(I'm proud to say I'm over half German). If I had the money or spoke German(my late grandmother was a German immigrant but I never learned any), I'd love to go to this. Having Emiliano & James as guests makes me even more eager. It also makes me wonder why the country of MOTU's origin was so slow to the convention game when Germany has been doing it for a decade. They even have Mattel's support.

I hope you guys have a great con! Maybe I might actually make it out to the country of my ancestors one day for the con myself.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

awesome event

this thread deserves to be on motuc forum.

VERY much looking forward to attending this!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    SO AWESOME THAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING THIS!!! We've always wanted to visit nearly EVERYWHERE overseas, we'll definitely have to plan our trip someday to include a stop at the Grayskull Con.

So, is anyone there gonna be doing a live feed to show-up everyone here in America? Lol. Would be cool to see everything live.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Fan-Fiction Contest

Within the next few weeks we will compile detailed information sheets about the planned program, including some polls, to keep you all informed what to expect on the convention and to give you the chance to decide certain aspects.

Since the convention will be held in Germany, obviously several things planned will be in the German language. So the first detailed info this week will be for something German:

Fan-Fiction Contest

What it´s all about:
    Lately, the "Eternian Post" published an article about a recent event in Eternos. This article featured 8 characters (see bottom)
    Your task is to write a story about ONE of those eight characters, after he or she read the article and tries to recall the events that really happened, as the reporter seems to have gotten everything wrong and mixed up.

How to participate:
    Obviously, the contest is limited to 8 contestants. If you want to participate, please write an email including which character you´d like to chose to aperissa@galaxydinner.org (subject: Grayskull Con - Fanfiction Contest).
    Please state your three favorite characters, so we have a little scope in allocating the characters, as they will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
    After all the characters are taken, the news article along with the confirmation about your character choice and participation, along with further infos will be send via E-Mail.

The rules:
    • The contest is limited to those attending the Convention
    • Language to participate is German
    • Text shall not be longer than app. 10 minutes (to check the length of your text, count the letters and divide by 900 - you´ll have the approximate reading time)

The prizes:
    - All 8 stories and the original news article from the "Eternian Post" will be read live on stage by a professional German voice actor.
    - Afterwards the audience may vote the best story by casting a ballot and the winning author will be given his prize.
    - Furthermore, we will randomly pick a ballot and the voter wins a cool prize, too!

The characters:
    - King Randor → taken
    - Adam / He-Man
    - Teela
    - Man-At-Arms
    - Orko → taken
    - Cringer
    - Zoar
    - Evil Lyn → taken

Any questions left? Please let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    SO AWESOME THAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING THIS!!! We've always wanted to visit nearly EVERYWHERE overseas, we'll definitely have to plan our trip someday to include a stop at the Grayskull Con.

So, is anyone there gonna be doing a live feed to show-up everyone here in America? Lol. Would be cool to see everything live.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences!
    We might be doing a live feed on some things. But what we will definetly do is making tons of photos and videos and post them online after the convention.

KalesDad, if you are planning a trip overseas and want to include the Grayskull Convention, you should start planning soon Although we had smaller conventions for the past 10 years now, we just can´t tell if this event will be a big enough success to justify another huge event next year.

Exhibition

He-Fans and She-Ravers,

as you can see, we are planning a HUGE exhibition of all things MOTU. Toys, unique pieces, artwork, prototypes, collectibles and lots of background information. We already managed to compile a great list of things for display, but we know: "There can be more!" And thus we are offering YOU the chance to participate.
    Do you have rare collectibles, pieces of art, unique things or anything you feel worthy to share with other fans? Then this is your chance! Please get in contact with me via he-man.org PM or Email (dj_forceman@yahoo.de), so we can work things out from there on.
    To ensure the safety of all pieces on display, the exhibition room will be locked during off-times and constantly watched over by members of the convention team.

You´ve got no idea what you might expect on display, or what we are looking for to display on the convention? Here are some examples:

Again, we are looking forward to seeing you on the convention!
    Until then,
    your Grayskull-Con Team

We just have finalized our first poster:

Important Notification:

We have sold almost all our "tickets including accommodation and catering on location".
    If you´re still on the fence, now it´s the time to decide.
    Once those tickets sold out, you need to manage your own catering and accommodation, e.g. in a nearby hotel.

Attention MOTUC customizers!

We´ll be offering a MOTUC part swap at the convention.
    Here are the (pretty basic) rules:

1. Boil and pop your custom fodder figures. Divide the parts into feet, lowe legs, upper legs, torso, shoudlers, upper arm, lower arm, hands and head.
    2. Bring all these parts to the convention
    3. We will have a big box filled with various parts from various MOTUC figures.
    4. For each part you want to take out the box, you need to put one of your own parts into it. Note: 2 Hands and 2 Feet count as 1 item.
    5. Torsos can only be swapped with other torsos.
    6. Your parts should be in good condition. No broken parts allowed!

We can always extend the part swap with weapons and accessories, if there is enough demand for it.

We hope you´ll find the parts needed for your next custom and are looking forward to seeing you part-swapping at the convention!
    Last edited by DJ Force; April 8, 2011 at 05:21am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    Björn Korthof joins me on Masters of the Universe Chronicles to discuss the upcoming Grayskull Convention which Bjorn is setting up. also John Carroll who has created the fan film "Wizard of Stone Mountain" which will premiere at the convention
    Click and hopefully enjoy!
    http://popculturenetwork.com/article...10406222552125
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    This convention looks awesome, I wish I could go

Fun and Games...

Grayskull-Convention proudly presents:

ETERNIAN SCOUNDREL!

You! Yes you! You got a bunch of brilliant plans to conquer a whole planet? Your sinister minions can hardly wait to get cracking? You practiced your manical laughter in countless hours? Your evil inventions are waiting to torment harmless citizens?

Awesome!

Now it's your opportunity to show off what you can do! Because at the Grayskull Convention 2011 we are looking for the „ETERNIAN SCOUNDREL“! Show everybody your sadistic smile, your twisted thoughts, your bestial brains! Sign on today!

The candidates for the title „Eternian Scoundrel 2011“ will compete in (un)fair matches to find out who is the best in exploiting minions, plotting evil plans, who's brain is a little more twisted and who at last is a litte bit meaner than his foes. There can only be one!

Of course there will be attractive prizes for the winner, right next to fortune, fame and the undisputed sexappeal of a born champion.

What are you waiting for?

To be a part of „Eternian Scoundrel“ your registration for the Grayskull Convention 2011 has to be complete. Send in an E-Mail until July 31st, 2011, to gunnar.sadlowski@t-online.de. Subject: „Eternian Scoundrel 2011“. Please tell us your real Name and your Nickname. Also tell us in 1-3 sentences why you are predestined to participate in the contest.

The number of participants is limited – the Final List of Candidates will be published in the first week of August. There is no right of appeal, cry-babies will be disqualified instantly. A real scoundrel dosen't cry!

We're waiting for you!

Sincerly,
    your Grayskull-Con-Orga

Attention! Almost all Goodie Bags are sold! In fact, only 2 are left after the recent registrations to the convention.
    If you are still on the fence about attending and/or getting a Goodie Bag, NOW is the time to decide
    Last edited by DJ Force; April 12, 2011 at 03:37pm.
    Positivity, folks!

Coolness! Wish I was able to make it out!

It would be awesome to see you at the convention, Val!

Masters of the Universe Chronicles to support Grayskull-Con

The Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast and Chris Vint "join" the Grayskull-Convention and support us with some excellent interviews with artists from various MOTU media.
    Expect lots of spectacular insight information into creating the cartoon series and discussions about cartoon episodes and movies.
    Interviews will be played in our Audio-Room at several times and dates during the course of the Convention.

Stay tuned for the schedule and more information about the program
    Positivity, folks!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Holy man, this is all kinds of awesome! You guys have SO much stuff going on at this convention and really cool guests! I can't wait to see pictures and videos from the convention. It's sure to be an event of a lifetime!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

cool, very cool, but uhm.. too far for me to travel
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

i wish i lived there

French will be there

I wish I spoke better German, if so I would be attending.

Best of luck, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I wish I spoke better German, if so I would be attending.
    Most of the program will be both in German AND in English. In fact, the panels with James and Emiliano for example will be all English, as well as the Q&A with ToyGuru, the worldpremiere of "Wizard of Stone Mountain" and so on.
    Don´t let the language barrier keep you from attending the con ;-)

Cosplay Contest

Impressive costumes and imaginative performances - at the Grayskull Convention´s Cosplay Contest you have got the chance to show everybody what you´re capable of. Enter in 3 different categories, present yourself and your costume on stage and with a little luck you can win one of the awesome prizes, provided by our sponsors. Each contestant has up to 2 minutes for his or her show. What kind of show this might be is totally up to you. A little standup comedy? A singing performance? A small theater play or monologue? Maybe an acrobatic and artistic performance? Or just posing on stage and in front of the cameras - the choice is totally yours and the kind of performance has no influence on the rating of the cosplay!

A competent and prominent jury will judge and determine 3 winners in these categories:
    • Masters of the Universe (and all related)
      Comic, Cartoon, Anime and Manga
      Film, Television and everything else

To participate at the cosplay contest, please write an email indicating which costume you´ll be presenting and in which category. Furthermore, if you need special technical equippment for your performance. You need to bring the appropriate background music and sounds on CD.
    The email address is dj_forceman@yahoo.de, subject: "Cosplay Contest".

Good fun and good luck!
    Your Grayskull-Con Team

Status

As of now, all Goodie Bags are sold, with only 11 not yet being paid for.

Also, the deadline for the cheapest tickets ends in 2 days. If you are looking for the cheapest tickets, you´d better get those registration forms in and send the convention fees in time.

As of May, the ticket prices will be:

Full Tickets including Accommodation and Catering:

1st of May till 15th of July: 33 Euros
    16th of July till convention: 35 Euros

Full Tickets (self-catering):
    1st of May till 15th of July: 19 Euros
    16th of July till convention: 22 Euros

To ensure the lowest prices, you need to SEND the money in time, regardless of when you registered to the convention.

Attendees:

Next, here´s a list of all those Nicknames that have registered to the convention until today. Maybe this will be helpful for you to decide if you want to meet a particular person on the event, or if you want to arrange for traveling together.

Warbird
    Evil Ed
    Freiplatzzokker
    Dark Skeletor
    ***ONLY***
    Natira
    Boomer
    Jerry
    TRIKLOPS 3001
    Hordefürst
    Derwaffenmeister
    SheRa444
    Battle Armor Sven
    Dennis
    Kendor -*- KMA -*-
    Kk2
    Starcrusader
    Archon
    Slaine
    Ascalon
    Illvanno
    Iced Eyes
    GeneralRAAM
    Tytus
    ClampChamp
    OVP MarinaMandarina
    00Joker
    Barcardi
    Teela80
    Silent Warrior
    Lilstar
    DJ Force
    Selena
    Mustrum Ridcully
    Stonedar
    Rokkon
    Andi
    Dani
    Yayoi
    M-Skeletor-M
    Polygonus
    Darth Sidious
    DragonWalker
    SeeraaSataan
    CryingFreeMan.CGN
    Valek
    SOGS1
    The RAW
    FumaMonou
    Lluna
    Odiphus
    Dark Selia
    TIN
    Rockvivien
    Beast-man
    MamoChan
    Usako-chan
    IWD
    Slarthibartfas
    Alec77
    Ofty

Update for cosplay/exhibition

For all you cosplay fans, we´ve got a very special surprise that we are working on currently. We don´t want to spill the beans yet, but if you are looking for cool places and gimmicks to take photos of your cosplays, the Grayskull Convention will definetly suit your needs! Stay tuned, and keep reading the bios!
    Last edited by DJ Force; April 27, 2011 at 07:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

when are you coming to berlin?! we should do fan meeting here!

maybe i should post it over at planeteternia....

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    when are you coming to berlin?! we should do fan meeting here!

maybe i should post it over at planeteternia....
    Maybe next year. Who knows?

PE already has a newsthread dedicated to this convention. You should check it out

After our latest meeting, here is the program on stage as of now:

Programm Friday:
    (16 Uhr Entry)
    (18:30 Dinner)
    20:00 Official Beginning
    20:30 Eternian Scoundrel
    21:30 Live Audiocommentary with James Eatock
    00:00 Masters of the Universe 1987´s movie

Programm Saturday:
    (8:30 Breakfast)
    10:00 Panel with Emiliano Santalucia
    11:00 Fan-Fic Reading part 1 with FO Schenk
    (12:00 Lunchbreak)
    14:00 Panel with James Eatock
    15:00 Fan-Fic Reading part 2 with FO Schenk
    16:00 Cosplay Contest
    17:00 Live-Audioplay
    18:00 Panel/Q&A with ToyGuru
    19:00 Moderated Discussionround
    20:00 Worldpremiere "The Wizard of Stone Mountain"
    21:30 Panel/Q&A with John Carroll
    00:00 Audioplay Special: Episodes 33-37 (continuing story)

Programm Sunday:
    8:30 Breakfast
    10:00 Signatures with all present gueststars
    11:00 Moderated Discussionround
    12:00 Official End

Changes can be made.

Next, I´ll post the programm off-stage. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by DJ Force; May 7, 2011 at 05:49am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

Will the 87 movie be synchonized or in English?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Wow you guys are so lucky! I wish I could go.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Will the 87 movie be synchonized or in English?
    We will decide live, based on fan-demand.

Just a little teaser-pic for today...

We cannot say how excited we all are about the convention. There will be so much going on, so much awesome program and so many cool gadgets everywhere.
    Looking VERY forward to meeting all of you on the convention!
    Last edited by DJ Force; May 9, 2011 at 10:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

Wow, looks like it's gonna be a great convention! I wish I could go. You guys have set the bar very high for MOTU conventions (not that it's a competition )

Thanks a lot Ivan!

Wow, we started planning the secondary program yesterday and we´re still not ready. There´s just so much we have planned that needs to find a slot in the daily schedule. And of course we want to give fans the chance to attend as much of the program as possible.

But since I posted the stage program already, I can share some examples of the "2nd row":

Friday night, just after showing the 87er movie, the MOTU Chronicles podcast movie-discussion starts, which is basically an (recorded) audio commentary/discussion with Chris Vint and James Eatock. For all those who are interested and still awake. And from experience I can say that many people will still be awake this late at night ;-)

Saturday we´ll start several workshops at different times:
    - Customizing (host: customizing expert TIN),
    - Cosplay (host: MyCostumes.de),
    - Swordfighting (host: he-man.de User 00Joker),
    - Drawing (host: Emiliano Santalucia).

We´ll have two slots for the Custom Speed Painting contest. One at 2pm and one at 7pm.

Right after their panels/stage shows, our guests will give autographs. (should you miss those opportunities because you want to attend other programs, don´t worry. Everybody will be available for autographs on sunday again!)

Of course there´s also the exhibition with lots of cool things to see: Rare toys, prototypes, fan-art, customs, lifesize props and so on.

And last but not least we´ll continuously show cartoons, videospecials, fanmade music videos, 80ies MOTU commercials and so on in our video room. Plus a mixed audio program including German and international audioplays/readalongs, MOTU Chronicles podcasts and much more!

Aaaaand just a little update on the Fan-Fiction Contest.

We can now confirm that Frank-Otto Schenk (voice actor 200x Buzz-Off) will be reading the fan-fictions on stage. We are still trying to find out if and how we can record the session and have a CD with all audio stories for the participants later on.

Frank-Otto Schenk is the German voice of Commander Chakotay (Star Trek Voyager), Jim Taggart (Eureka), Ron Witwicky (Transformers) and actor Eugene Levy (American Pie), just to name a few. He has already synchronised characters in more than 500 movies and series and can be seen in the recent "Sparkasse" commercials.

Last edited by DJ Force; May 17, 2011 at 01:11pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

Coooool !!!!!!!!! Too excited for this Con !!!!