Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grayskull-Convention 2011 - the ULTIMATE fan-event in Germany!

Update

There are only 8 tickets left including accommodation and catering throughout the convention, and they are going fast!

If you still arenīt convinced by the excellent programm, the cool guest stars and whatnot, what else do we have to do to make you?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I am soooooo on the fence on this one.

As I said before: What else can we do to convince you?

Seriously: If there is anything you need to know, I urge you to just ask me. If it isnīt the best kept secret of the con, I will gladly give away hints and details, as I really donīt want anyone to regret it later on, if they didnīt make it to the con.

Actually, I might just tell you this:

1) There will be con-exclusives. We arenīt ready to spill the beans yet But they definetly will be cool!

2) Be prepared for some really awesome visual surprises!

I am just so bad at giving hints without totally spoiling the fun. So Iīll just try to post some more teaser pics within the next few weeks.
    Positivity, folks!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Wish I could make it! This is surely going to be a fantastic time!

Update-Time!

Grayskull Con is only two and a half men - er, months away. Time for a little update.

- 42 Goodie Bags have been paid for. There are several fans on the waiting list, though. So, to the remaining 8 fans who ordered a Goodie Bag: If you changed your mind, please let me know so I can pass the Goodie Bags on to the waiting list. Otherwise, please make payment soon!

- 4 tickets including accommodation and catering are left. Fiiiniiiish liiiinnneeee!

- I just received prelim pics of one of our Con-Exclusives. And although itīs not finished yet, it already is a stunning piece, made by one of the .orgs most talented artists. I hope to have a teaser pic ready to show soon, if not the finished piece.

- Another Con-Exclusive is still in the making and the (other very talented .org) artist promised to send me some pics really soon.

Finally, it is time to announce another highlight of the featured program.

The Grayskull Con Fan-Art contest!

Until the 27th of August you can unleash all your power of drawing, using pen, pencil, feltpen, watercolor or whatever you like, and draw whatever you like, as long as it has to do with MOTU, that is.

Then you need to do two things with your art piece.
    First: Send us a digital copy via email.
    Second: Bring your piece of art to the convention, where it will be on display in the context of our exhibition. Every visitor of the convention can vote their favorite and the lucky winner will be rewarded with a cool price! Of course it will help if you stay the whole three days to increase your chances of winning. The more time, the more people see your piece of art

But wait, there is more!

There will be a Drawing-Workshop on the convention, hosted by no lesser than the great Emiliano Santalucia! With his help and professional guidance, the participants of the workshop will learn how to create and draw a brandnew MOTU character. And hereīs the clou: Emiliano himself will pick and chose the participants from all the digital copies sent in for the Fan-Art contest! With participating at this contest you actually get the chance to win twice!
    Remark: Due to the different native languages to be expected, this workshop will be held in the English language.

Some basic rules:
    Drawings mustnīt be larger than 30x42cm (DinA3). Digital copies should be in high resolution to judge the quality.
    Once you have finished your drawing, please send the digital copy to dj_forceman@yahoo.de - and donīt forget to bring it to the convention!
    Last edited by DJ Force; June 20, 2011 at 07:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

Did I sign up for this already? :-s
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Some of the guys with well over 10,000 posts should side track some of that posting energy and look into helping to organize a US convention, hehe.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    Some of the guys with well over 10,000 posts should side track some of that posting energy and look into helping to organize a US convention, hehe.
    Umm you mean besides this one?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Did I sign up for this already? :-s
    Several fans from the netherlands did, but you didnīt sign up yet. If you want to, you should hurry up. As mentioned in my previous post, only 4 tickets including accommodation and catering are left. When these are sold, only daily tickets and regular tickets without accommodation and catering are left. You will be responsible for your own accommodation then. Nevertheless, of course we are offering food and drinks at the convention ;-)

....aaaaaAAAAANNNND:
    FINAL TICKET!

Only ONE ticket including accommodation and catering is left.
    Neo, maybe you wanna fill in that application form quickly?
    Last edited by DJ Force; June 22, 2011 at 03:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

I might be in Ibiza at that time.. I do want to join you guys though so I have to check.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I got pics of our second con-exclusive in the mail today and itīll blow you away!
    Iīll have pics to share soon, so stay tuned!

Okay, so I just decided to share some additional info :-)

The 2 con-exclusives will be
    - a miniature, sculpted by the great Royalt1us
    - a diorama base, sculpted by the awesome Nemesis15425

Both items will be VERY Grayskull-themed, as the name of the convention suggests ;-)

I thought Iīd give you all an update on things and compile a (incomplete) list of activities throughout the convention.

Here we go!

First of all: ALL tickets including accommodation and catering are sold. Daily tickets are still available, as well as regular weekend tickets. Please be aware that you are responsible for your own accommodation and catering then!

However, we have been able to get some more accommodation in the vicinity of the convention areal. Thereīs a really nice hotel in the small town of Geiselbach, approximatly 30km away from the convention areal. The owner is a MOTU fan himself, and we are even arranging for an inexpensive shuttle service to and fro.
    We also managed to arrange for a holiday house about 15 minutes away from the convention areal, that can accommodate up to 7 people. If you are interested in either place, please feel free to drop me a line and Iīll provide you with infos.
    Of course, there are a lot more hotels in the vicinity and you can always look around for a nice and cheap hotel by yourself.

Now, you might find this list of activities on the convention useful:

Fan-Fiction Contest - Write a story after a pretty basic premise and take part in this contest. Read by German actor and voice artist Frank-Otto Schenk (200x Buzz-Off), the audience gets to vote their favorite story and the author wins a cool prize. Thereīs even a prize to be given to one randomly picked, lucker winner in the audience!

Fan-Art Contest - Draw a MOTU picture and take part in this contest, to win a cool prize and the exclusive chance to take part in Emiliano Santaluciaīs drawing workshop, where he will teach you how to create a MOTU character!

Cosplay Contest - Dance, Sing, Perform on stage or just show your costume. Youīve got up to 2 minutes to show your costume. What you do on stage is up to you, as long as you take part in this cosplay contest.
    An expert jury will pick the lucky winner in three categories: MOTU, Comic/Anime and Film/TV/Other.

Speed-Painting Contest - So many ideas and so less time... Only one hour to complete painting a MOTU miniature doesnīt sound long and trust us, it sure isnīt! But itīs fun and you not only get to keep the exclusive Grayskull-Convention miniature sculpted by Royalt1us, but an expert jury will pick one lucky winner who gets a really cool prize!
    Attention: Due to the need of having an exclusive miniature ready for your painting skills, we need to charge extra for this contest!

Q&A with Scott Neitlich - ToyGuru will be live-chatting with us via webcam. After a little presentation Scott will answer fanīs questions. If you are unable to attend the convention, you are welcome to send in your most urgent questions so we can ask ToyGuru on your behalf, if time permits!

Eternian Scoundrel - A funny Standup Impro-Comedy show on stage, where YOU are the star... uhmm... scoundrel!

Bring and Buy Fleamarket - Bring your stuff, set a pricepoint and we sell it on your behalf, so you can enjoy the convention! We are keeping 10% of the income for this service and to cover part of the costs of this convention.

MOTUC part-swap - Boil and pop your custom fodder figures and bring those parts to the convention. We are offering the chance to swap parts with other MOTUC customizers. Maybe you are lucky and find the parts needed for your next MOTUC custom, without having to buy a spare figure for just a pair of boots, for example.

Raffle - Try your luck, buy lots and win more than 100 amazing prices!

Swordfighting Workshop - Learn the basic rules and moves of swordfighting in this workshop, using LARP (Live Action Role Play) weapons, so nobody gets hurt or injured.

Drawing Workshop - Emiliano Santalucia will train and instruct you "how to create a MOTU character"!

Custom and Modelkit Workshop - MOTU customizing expert TIN and members of www.modelkit-universe.de will teach you the basics of modelkit building and customizing. Furthermore you get the chance to repair MOTUC figures with swapped shoulders, such as Roboto or King Hssss.

You want to contribute to the Grayskull Convention? Well, hereīs your chance!

Help! Every convention needs assistants, and so do we. If you want to volunteer helping out at the entrance, the bring and buy fleamarket or even picking up guests from the trainstation or airport, please email me at dj_forceman@yahoo.de

Donations! We already have prepared so many cool things and gathered a great lot of awesome prices for raffles and contests. But of course we wonīt say no if you want to donate some toys, comics, merchandise or spareparts for the MOTUC part swap. Toys you donīt like anymore will make other fans happy. If you want to donate goods, please email me at dj_forceman@yahoo.de

Exhibition - Fanart, Customs, Rare Toys, Prototypes and lots of background information. This huge exhibition will most definetly please MOTU fans thursty for seeing things up close they otherwise would never see.
    If you want to take part in the exhibition, please email me at dj_forceman@yahoo.de what you would like to showcase, so we can prepare the neccessary space for the exhibits.

Various This convention takes place from fans for fans. With this motto in mind, we want to encourage you to propose us with your own ideas what you would like to see happen at the convention, or even arrange for it yourself. e.g. a Comic Swap, a match of Tabletennis or a he-man.orgīs regulars table. We have enough space for nearly everything and will even put together some tables and chairs for an improvised Roast Goobles Dinner, if wanted ;-)

And hereīs something more, directly from John F. Carroll, the producer of the fanfilm Wizard of Stone Mountain, that will premiere on the Grayskull Convention:

During the Convention, we will be taking donations from fans to help fund our trip to Germany for the premiere and to finance the upcoming sequels.

As a thank you for your $20 donation, people attending the convention can pick up an exclusive DVD of The Wizard of Stone Mountain!

We encourage you to donate by August 20 to get your copy. DVDs will be extremely limited and will go very fast. Although we will have them available at the convention, only early donors will be guaranteed a copy. DVDs will not be mailed to you. They can be picked up at the convention starting on Saturday morning, September 3rd!

Thank you to all the fans and supporters who have made this a reality!

Do you have a cool MOTU costume you plan on wearing to the convention? Stop by the WOSM booth and hop on our Green Screen to be in one of the sequels or to have your picture taken!

And last for today:

EXTENDED GOODIE BAGS AVAILABLE!

In addition to the contents of the regular Goodie Bag (all sold out), we have gathered some more awesome things we would like to offer you in an Extended Goodie Bag.
    These include toys, Audioplays and Merchandise worth way more than the 10 Euros we are asking for.

Only 25 Extended Goodie Bags are available, and only to those who already ordered and paid for the regular Goodie Bags.
    If you want an extended Goodie Bag made out of your regular Goodie Bag, please email me at dj_forceman@yahoo.de
    Extended Goodie Bags are sold on a first come, first serve basis.

We promised, we deliver! Fans are expecting exclusive merchandise and we are more than happy to announce our first con-exclusive for Grayskull Convention 2011

Last edited by DJ Force; July 15, 2011 at 04:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

That stand is really nice, can't wait to see someone who gets it all painted up with figures on it!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That stand is really nice, can't wait to see someone who gets it all painted up with figures on it!
    Agreed! Very, very cool.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Oh man, that stand is amazing!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thanks, guys! We are really excited the base turned out this great. Don really delivered an awesome piece of sculpting art here!

Thereīs one more thing that excites us at this moment. Thanks to Josh and The Power and Honor Foundation, we are happy to announce that three never before seen concept artworks from the 80ies will be shown at the Grayskull Convention.
    Make sure to stop by the exhibition room and take a look at all the awesome stuff we collected for display over the past few months!
    Positivity, folks!

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    Oh wow! That stand is so awesome!!!! I can't wait for the convention! This is going to be so much fun--I can't wait!!!!!

That figure stand is awesome! I can't wait to see pictures from the convention. I am sure it will be amazing for those fortunate enough to attend.

hi, thank you all for the comments on the dungeon base.

here are a few pics of the prototype 1st cast i have painted. there will be only 20 of these made, and only available at the grayskull con. no they will not be painted... sorry.

btw, i only have one motu classics figure, which was a gift. that's why i don't have pics of the base with two figures and only poor zodak.

you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot, Nemesis, for posting these pics!

We are proud to reveal our second Con-Exclusive, sculpted by the awesome Royalt1us:

The Grey King!

We are acepting pre-orders for both Con-Exclusives via email at dj_forceman@yahoo.de - limited to ONE of each per visitor.
    Last edited by DJ Force; August 5, 2011 at 09:38am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

I'm an American in Dresden and I want to go!! However, the trains look expensive... anyone in or near Dresden planning to go that I could carpool with? I'd even be willing to take a train part of the way... or how else are you getting there from around Germany?

Update-Time!

We are sad to inform you that our Guest star Frank Otto Schenk cannot make it to the convention, because of his working schedule.

However, I think we more than made up for this, so we are pleased to announce
    Engelbert von Nordhausen as our new guest star. Nordhausen is the German voice of such fine actors like Bill Cosby in The Cosby Show, Samuel L. Jackson in most of his movies or Captain Trunks in the hit comedy-series "Sledge Hammer!". But what he is most famous for amongst us MOTU Fans is his work as the German voice of none other than Frank Langella as Skeletor, Overlord of Evil in the 1987 live-action movie! He visited Eternia again a couple of years ago in the MOTU audioplay "Das Grauen aus der Tiefe", playing Gwarrak.

Nordhausen will host the fan-fiction contest, read those contest-entries and he will play a part in the live audioplay on stage. And of course he will be ready to sign your copies of the Dolph-movie or the audioplay.

Next thing on the agenda:
    Helpers.
    We are looking for volunteers to help at the convention. Be it in the cafeterie, at the entrance, watching after the exhibition or helping to set up the equipment... If you want to help for an hour or two, that would be highly appreciated.
    And of course you shall be thanked for your hard work. We are offering free coffee or a cold drink of choice for every hour of volunteer work at the con. And if you help more than three hours during the course of the con, your work will be rewarded with a Grayskull Convention T-Shirt for free!
    Please e-mail me at dj_forceman@yahoo.de, if you want to volunteer.

@Sweetbee: I wrote you an email. In addition, you might want to ask in a German forum, too, as chances will most propably be higher to find someone in your vicinity there. :-) Good luck!
    Positivity, folks!

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I don't suppose any of those stands will be available for purchase would they?
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

You can pick up both exclusives only at the convention info-booth. Limited to 1 of each per customer, while supplies last.
    If you want to pre-order, youīre welcome!
    Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by B. Morningway View Post
    I don't suppose any of those stands will be available for purchase would they?
    If they are available I can pick up one for you.

Bjoern,

Is it possible to do a pre-order?

EDIT: oops you answered before my question

As I said, pre-orders are welcome :-)
    Just drop me a line at dj_forceman@yahoo.de, indicating which exclusive you want to preorder. If you are pre-ordering for other fans, too, please put down their names as well.
    Positivity, folks!