Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official King Hssss & BA Skeletor Arrival Talkback Thread

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar

Official King Hssss & BA Skeletor Arrival Talkback Thread

I just came back to find them on the door. No bubble packing. They were in the box as usual. Not that I'm complaining. I'm happy about that.

Lunch first, more pix later. It's the first time I get Hiss, so I want to relish this. And BA Skeletor was my main Skeletor as a kid. I didn't have the original, so this is a special treat.

I love an all inclusive canon!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    So awesome!! I can't wait to see more!!

wondering how tight Hssss' torso snaps and stays together. My son wants one to play with but I am worried it will fall apart too easily - like Pixel Dan showed in his review. Anyone open theirs yet?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Not everyday when you get two arch-enemies. Or allies, depending on which era you follow.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Mine don't arrive until Thursday

King Hiss was a huge favorite as a kid, as was BA Skeletor (I used him with Scareglow's cape later on as Movie Skeletor).

4 days untill Hssss & BA Skelly
    1 month 4 days (or so) until Sy-Klone, Panthor
    1 month 1 week (or so) until the Weapons Rack (wish this were included in the sub)
    2 months 4 days (or so) until CATRA!!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I can't even get my subscription renewal and you already have the figures. Month number 3 and my 3rd issue with Matty/DR and my subscription. I am going to have a great year

Mine haven't even shipped yet!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nice, Juan O! Now, they just need to be released and kick the good guys' donkeys...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Regarding Hssss' torso, there is a slight looseness, and as much as I want to call him Bobble Torso, you can hold either side and shake without fear of the opposite part falling. The snakes are pretty tight when plugged in to the legs. He is creepy to look at and the way his entire figure is cast in plating, it really feels like he's a serpent, especially with how his legs are connected on the two ball joints.

Both figures have really tight joints. When I first opened Skeletor, his waist didn't want to move at all. It's strange looking at the feet as they are all blue now... but something about it seems very nostalgic. Overall, both are great figures.

As for how long it's taking to get these to everyone, I don't know what the issue is... last year we didn't have this many people without their stuff in the mail. Maybe it has to do with the Ghostbusters sub going out the same day???

And my camera died before I could take more pix.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I still didn't get my shipping notice. What's taking so long!?

Hiss looks so awesome. I think I'll make him Skelly's freinemy in my MOTUverse!

Until they both betray each other!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I would love to know how some folks already have theirs and DR hasn't even re-debited (they did the pre-auth, then put the funds back) my account or shipped them to me yet?

What gives?!?!?!?!?!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I'm starting to wonder if the lack of charges on so many of our cards means they don't have enough King Hssss' available yet to ship them out to all subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Hiss looks so awesome. I think I'll make him Skelly's freinemy in my MOTUverse!

Until they both betray each other!
    I LOVE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the lack of charges on so many of our cards means they don't have enough King Hssss' available yet to ship them out to all subscribers.
    Didn't they say they'd sell/ship him in two waves? I'd assume they'd send the subs out with the first batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I would love to know how some folks already have theirs and DR hasn't even re-debited (they did the pre-auth, then put the funds back) my account or shipped them to me yet?

What gives?!?!?!?!?!
    At least I am not alone. I have previously had zero issue with my subs. So far for 2011, every month I have had an issue.

Personally, I would rather Mattel keep the bonus Stickers for sub holders and just give us better service

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    I still didn't get my shipping notice. What's taking so long!?
    I'll get my shipment on Thursday and I'm in Jersey. Maybe it has shipped...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Didn't they say they'd sell/ship him in two waves? I'd assume they'd send the subs out with the first batch.
    Yes. King Hsss will sell out ultra quick tomorrow, but he'll be back on sale on April 1st.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 14, 2011 at 05:58pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Damnit, Jon-O! I used to get my figures the same day as you, but last time (and it looks like this time) I got them a day later! It looks like I've been pushed to the second wave of shipping! GRRRRRRR!

Yeah they said they'd have enough for subscribers, but I think tomorrow is supposed to be an even quicker sell out than usual.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

But I'm wondering if maybe there aren't even enough in the first batch of Hssss' to cover everyone's subs, and that's why half us folks have gotten charged, and the other half haven't...

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    But I'm wondering if maybe there aren't even enough in the first batch of Hssss' to cover everyone's subs, and that's why half us folks have gotten charged, and the other half haven't...
    With this line, anything is possible...

Ha ha, but I'm tired of SUCKY possibilities... I want some happy possibilities! LOL...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm pretty sure Matty has to mail out all subs first before they can sell the other stock.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Gonna be a good two if not three weeks before I get mine, hasn't even been shipped yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Gonna be a good two if not three weeks before I get mine, hasn't even been shipped yet!
    same here! ... oh well, based on the pics in this thread - it'll be worth the wait! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'll get my shipment on Thursday and I'm in Jersey. Maybe it has shipped...
    I've tried the "reference number" for UPS...nothing.
    No debit from my account.

I don't get it...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I've tried the "reference number" for UPS...nothing.
    No debit from my account.

I don't get it...
    Same here. I don't understand why DR can't get this stuff right. I also love how I posted a legitimate concern about subscribers getting hit 3 days earlier with charges than we are supposed to over on the "Ask Matty" thread, and my question is completely disregarded. It would seem that item would be important enough to warrant a response.

Fact is, I've had nothing but problems with the sub this year. Last year, I had zero issues. This year, they've charged the wrong card (with the right one on file the whole time), cancelled my sub, sent my items via a shipping service I didn't sign up for, charged my account 3 days before they were supposed to, only to turn around put the money back in, but not ship my items before the day of sale. Keep in mind we are only three months into the year, so who knows what other kind of nonsense lies ahead.

DR's service has gotten exponentially WORSE than last year, with no word from Mattel on how these issues are being addressed (if at all). It's become crystal clear that Mattel could give a rip about the customer's experience. As long as these figures sell out and they don't have to shell out for a vendor that offers quality service, it seems like a case of too bad, so sad for us.

I've already decided that once this year is out, I'm done with the sub. After this year, I'll have all the beasts I want. The vehicles don't really interest me, and the variants I could pick and choose. I'll just pick up my figures from places like Big Bad Toy Store, since they know what good customer service is.
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; March 14, 2011 at 09:43pm.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    For real!! I received a failure notice and I immediatly put in a call to DR to update my card and then nothing. No e-mails, no confirmation, I don't even know if I have a sub at this point!!