Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official King Hssss & BA Skeletor Arrival Talkback Thread

How does it not fit him?

Quote Originally Posted by Despondos View Post
    Yep, I'm wondering the same thing about King Hssss. Also is anyone else who's gotten their BA Skeletor having any issues with the "exploding armor action feature" that Pixel Dan had in his review?
    Hsss' torso does indeed come apart easily. It would be pretty frustrating to a child trying to play with him. He comes apart simply trying to pose his legs. You have to hold him by the waist to do it without him coming apart. As for BA Skeletor's armor, mine stays on just fine. I've changed the plates a few times, and it stays intact when I put it back together. Overall, two very nice figures
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

YESSSSSSSS!!!

AWESOME pics!!! Did you make that background?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Very nice environment!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Cool pictures! Hiss Arrival

Yeah sweet pics.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    How does it not fit him?
    Battle Armor on Skeletor just does not work with him. It ruins his look as opposed to He-Man where it makes sense because the sword is forming it for him. Skeletor just looks like a man who forgot his pants with that thing on. Maybe I'll think differently when I actually have him in hand, but yeah, I am not a fan of the BA on Skeletor.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Here ya go! And wow, I need to dust...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=12511
    Power Rangers: Skull Force!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Mine have FINALLY been delivered! Now the tables have turned since they're at home waiting for me--let's see how THEY like it!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Battle Armor on Skeletor just does not work with him. It ruins his look as opposed to He-Man where it makes sense because the sword is forming it for him. Skeletor just looks like a man who forgot his pants with that thing on. Maybe I'll think differently when I actually have him in hand, but yeah, I am not a fan of the BA on Skeletor.
    That's pretty harsh for one of the most popular Skeletor looks/variants.

Did you have the Battle Armor variants back in the day? I thought everyone loved those variants. They were like the first MOTU variants evarrrr.

I can't wait to receive mine! Love that purple they used on him.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wasn't too keen on the Battle Armors. I had both of those variants, but I preferred the originals. Neat gimmick though.

Got my King Hssss and Battle Armor Skeletor today. I have the vintage, 200X, and now MOTUC Hssss, but this is my first BA Skeletor!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Received my King Hsss (x2) and Battle Armor Skeletor today, 1 day earlier than UPS estimated. Awesome!

I really like these 2 figures. I'm still not 100% sold on King Hsss' snake form but I'm hoping they'll get to the 200X version which is my favorite and make him extremely menacing. So far my both my King Hsss(es?) waists appear to be fairly secure. They both have a slight bobblehead issue though but not too bad. BA Skeletor is perfect! No armor popping off issues so far.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by KING HISS View Post
    YESSSSSSSS!!!
    Nice! So devious.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

"I wassss once a man..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondos View Post
    Yep, I'm wondering the same thing about King Hssss. Also is anyone else who's gotten their BA Skeletor having any issues with the "exploding armor action feature" that Pixel Dan had in his review?
    Mine actually arrived apart... the front part is loose in package...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan View Post
    Mine actually arrived apart... the front part is loose in package...
    Are you a MOC collector?

Heroic Warrior
    No I'm not, and I don't want him either. I put him up for sale in the marketplace forums.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Did you have the Battle Armor variants back in the day? I thought everyone loved those variants. They were like the first MOTU variants evarrrr.
    Yes, I did, because that was the only version of Skeletor my parents could find me and I even hated it back then. I was always annoyed that the battle armor's plate would never stay on the undamaged one. Plus, he did not look like the cartoon, so that also annoyed me. I was not sure which annoyed me more as a kid. Having a Skeletor that did not look cartoon accurate or having a Galvatron that was gray, so he to was not cartoon accurate.

Anyway, this makes me really mad. I get home today, all happy that I would have my new figures. The UPS note on the door says they delivered it to the main office of my apartment complex. I go there, nothing. I call them up, turns out the guy did NOT deliver it to the office and just rescheduled it for tomorrow. Then when I asked if I could just come and pick it up, they told me I would have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest. -_- UPS really is run by a bunch of retards.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Hsss was my most wanted MOTU figure as a kid. Loved the snake form underneath the human appearance. The MOTUC version looks phenemonal, but not without it's flaws. The two upper torsos come off easily when you try to pose the legs. The sculpt of the upper thighs hinder the leg articulation.

Also matty totally screwed me with no snake staff!!! It's like I can't fully experience this figure like everyone else. Anyways off to pics.

He may look heroic

Friendly...

But DON'T trust him!

I just opened them up and I cannot believe how much I like King Hiss! And while I had no problem with him being announced, I was NOT one of the people asking for him, I was just like, "whenever they get around to him is fine." But holy crap he's one of my favorite figures ever. Both forms ARE so impressive, I'm REALLY glad I'm getting two (one from my sub and one from a fellow board member), because BOTH forms have just GOT to be displayed! Oh, and the one I got today stays together at the waist in both forms just great!

As for the Battle Armor figures, before they were revealed I thought they were kinda pointless without their action features, but I was TOTALLY won over the moment I got BA He-Man, so I was stoked for Skeletor the moment he was announced, and he did not disappoint AT ALL! Most impressive month in a long while, so now let's bring on Panthor for my birthday!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

WOW!!

Those shots are really great. I love the one of Snake Hssss holding He-Man over his head!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

This was the only Skeletor I had as a child and I'd say this is the best version of him in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Got both Hssss and BA Skeletor today. Skeletor's armor is nice and tight as is Hsss's waist. No issues with either fig.