Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.54!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.54!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 54 questions!

This round of questions were selected by kagamigod,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Mike Bock:
    I have a question about Crystoll, who was Karatti's original concept. The concept looked completely different from Karatti, making him look like a totally different character. Since you have made concept art characters like Vikor I was wondering if Crystoll is being considered for MOTUC as a new character?

Could be a candidate, possibly as a new Space Mutant character. At this point this is not a figure in development so we don’t have any info to announce. A cool idea though!

2. Zodak74:
    Consumers and subscribers feel bamboozled by the unannounced shift from UPS ground shipping to USPS via Cornerstone Logistics. In February, the majority of us are receiving our packages more than a week later than what we were used to with UPS, and in some cases the packages are being severely mishandled and arriving damaged. Mattycollector never gave us the option to choose before making this switch. So, based on the overall negative reaction to the sudden switch in shipping, will Mattel give us consumers the option to choose which method of shipping we would prefer? It would greatly improve customer relations.

We know this answer will sound a bit like “corporate speech” but at the end of the day we are always doing our best to adjust shipping options that will work best for our customers and for the logistics of running the site. We may not always be able to offer the option that works best for each customer, but we are trying. We’ll make sure these comments are passed to the team.

3. Joseephus:
    You have already made figures based off of prototype figures, concept sketches, and mini-comic characters. My question is, can we expect figures based off of the vintage artwork? Examples being The Wind Raider Pilot from the vintage poster, The Monogram Riders from the model vehicles boxart and The Cardboard Robot from the 80's Castle Grayskull playset.

These are all concepts we have looked into and many of the ideas mentioned in your question would make great toys. When, and if, we get to them just remains to be seen. But they are being reviewed!

4. Prahvus:
    Dear Toyguru, I'd would like to know if you categorize mechanical animals (like Stridor and Spydor) as beasts or vehicles?

Stridor might be a beast, Spydor more a vehicle. But things could change. Nothing is locked in stone - that is just out initial reaction to your question.

5. vancak:
    Since She-Ra version 2.0 is only coming with one head, will she also come with a snap-on tiara so that we can still get She-Ra with her most iconic look? If not, will She-Ra 1.0 be reissued for those of us that missed out the first time and want both heads?

We actually have not locked down the specifics on She-Ra 2.0 yet so everything about her is a bit TBD. And, yes, She-Ra 1.0 will possibly still get a reissue. She is also available in an upcoming MOTU vs. DCU two-pack with Supergirl.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 56!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 54 questions!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Well that settles Spydor being in Beast Idol...he needs to head to Vehicle Idol. I only put Spydor in Beast Idol because he was a cyborg with a cockpit...

As for She-Ra 1.0...they shouldn't try to sabotage that poor 2 pack anymore than they already have. It already has the extra $10 dollars and the surplus Supergirl against it. Releasing it on Mattycollector.com is more of a reason not to purchase it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    As for She-Ra 1.0...they shouldn't try to sabotage that poor 2 pack anymore than they already have. It already has the extra $10 dollars and the surplus Supergirl against it. Releasing it on Mattycollector.com is more of a reason not to purchase it.
    Isn't it more like "a Supergirl included for $1.50 more" for people near a TRU US once you factor in MC shipping?

*forsees a barrage of "we want this..."es over SR2 given the "specifics not locked down" part...*

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Isn't it more like "a Supergirl included for $1.50 more" for people near a TRU US once you factor in MC shipping?

*forsees a barrage of "we want this..."es over SR2 given the "specifics not locked down" part...*
    The problem with factoring in shipping as part of the price when comparing these DC/MOTU 2-packs to ordering a single figure from MattyCollector is that this logic only holds up if you order one, single figure.

These days between 'bonus' figures, oversized beasts, reissues, stands, weapons packs, etc, there is plenty of opportunity to get more than 1 item in the same order and save a lot on shipping compared to buying the items individually.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Agreed. I cannot believe they're considering it an option to reissue She-Ra under these circumstances. aye yi yi

Heroic Warrior

5. vancak:
    Since She-Ra version 2.0 is only coming with one head, will she also come with a snap-on tiara so that we can still get She-Ra with her most iconic look? If not, will She-Ra 1.0 be reissued for those of us that missed out the first time and want both heads?

We actually have not locked down the specifics on She-Ra 2.0 yet so everything about her is a bit TBD. And, yes, She-Ra 1.0 will possibly still get a reissue. She is also available in an upcoming MOTU vs. DCU two-pack with Supergirl.

I'm not really sure about this answer. If She-Ra 2.0 comes with the Filmation tiara and looks like Filmation She-Ra, that'll be great. However, if she doesn't look like the Filmation version, then I really hope they do reissue She-Ra 1.0. Looks like they're really trying to push the two-pack. I have no desire for the Supergirl, but I still may have to purchase the two-pack just to get Filmation She-Ra. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to see version 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Agreed. I cannot believe they're considering it an option to reissue She-Ra under these circumstances. aye yi yi
    Don't they still have some leftovers from the "customer service stock" of SR1? They'll want to sell those off at some point if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    I'm not really sure about this answer. If She-Ra 2.0 comes with the Filmation tiara and looks like Filmation She-Ra, that'll be great...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to see version 2.0.
    It'll be SDCC that we see it, I'm fairly sure. TG stated at NYTF that SR2 would *not* include the Filmation head, only an all-new head based on the original SR toy (and seemed to hint at a more toy-based theme overall, including pieces from the original toy variants, that would require you to mix & match bits from SR1 & SR2 to get an improved Filmation-style She-Ra).

Oh lawd, totally. WHY would they even consider re-releasing version 1.0 when they have a new version coming out AND the old version in a 2-pack that basically turned almost everyone off when it was revealed?!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    WHY would they even consider re-releasing version 1.0 when they have a new version coming out AND the old version in a 2-pack that basically turned almost everyone off when it was revealed?!

And, of course, it may go further given the hints that it may be mostly based on the original POP toyline She-Ras (including bits from variants). If so, then people (especially international buyers) will want the bits missing from the new version (head, cape, even the Filmation-style sword?)

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Don't they still have some leftovers from the "customer service stock" of SR1? They'll want to sell those off at some point if nothing else.
    Customer Service stock amounts to 2% of the overall stock. There's a big difference between that and a reissue in the thousands. They should wait a minimum of one year after She-Ra's 2-Pack hits TRU shelves before even considering a reissue or unloading old stock. It's a move for the greater good of the line.

Thank you mattel, that's all I wanted. Hopefully she will get the well deserved development slot(s), after all, she is an A-list character and deserves to get a correct neck peg, flexible skirt, battleground teela's thighs, and ideally, even improved feet so she can have as much feet articulation as Adora, I wouldn’t mind if they just simply used Adora’s feet.

In the meantime, especially because we don't know when the reissue is coming (and the "possibly" makes it uncertain, but likely), I'm getting the hated 2-pack, I don't even know what I'm going to do with super girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    I'm getting the hated 2-pack, I don't even know what I'm going to do with super girl.
    As disappointed as I am...me too. Even though the Supergirl in this 2-Pack has nothing to do with the one in the live-action movie, I pulled out the DVD the other day in an attempt to try to get excited about her...LOL

Heroic Warrior
    Customer Service stock amounts to 2% of the overall stock. There's a big difference between that and a reissue in the thousands. They should wait a minimum of one year after She-Ra's 2-Pack hits TRU shelves before even considering a reissue or unloading old stock. It's a move for the greater good of the line.

Ohhh no....

Once She-ra v2. comes out, and a lot of people inevitably miss it from the WSOD... Then THAT needs to be the new She-ra base...

It's bad enough to rerelease a crummy figure when you KNOW a better one is coming down the line... but to rerelease the crummy one AFTER a good one was made!!!

People would be storming the gates...

I'm 100% sure this 'rerelease' will be the same a Stratos 2nd rerelease... and Goddess... Leftover inferior stock they want to clear out BEFORE the improved one becomes the new standard.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We actually have not locked down the specifics on She-Ra 2.0 yet so everything about her is a bit TBD.
    I really hope Mattel and 4Horseman seize the opportunity and make the correct vintage tiara this time. Since the new She-Ra will no longer have the hole in his forehead and her removable tiara is going to be redone, there is no reason to keep the tiara that came with the first version. It covers the forehead and is quite different from the original.

This is a great way to refresh She-Ra and add a new accessory that will give us new possibilities for displaying this figure as a variant.

As disappointed as I am...me too. Even though the Supergirl in this 2-Pack has nothing to do with the one in the live-action movie, I pulled out the DVD the other day in an attempt to try to get excited about her...LOL
    That's the spirit! he he. It's a good idea too, I'm gonna do something similar then, my angle is going to be keeping in mind that she wore that uniform during most of justice league unlimited and all of superman the animated series.

Love me some dcau.
    Last edited by Romer; March 17, 2011 at 12:23am.

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    Thank you mattel, that's all I wanted. Hopefully she will get the well deserved development slot(s), after all, she is an A-list character and deserves to get a correct neck peg, flexible skirt, battleground teela's thighs, and ideally, even improved feet so she can have as much feet articulation as Adora, I wouldn’t mind if they just simply used Adora’s feet.
    The thing is, the reissue of She-Ra 1.0 would be exactly the same as the first issue: hard plastic skirt, knock-knees, taller neck peg... she wouldn't get BG Teela's thighs.

She-Ra 2.0 is supposed to be getting all these new things. That's what makes the reissue of 1.0 happening around the same time as the DC 2-pack so bizarre.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'd really like a Crystoll figure at some point so I'm glad to hear they are at least aware of him

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd really like a Crystoll figure at some point so I'm glad to hear they are at least aware of him

http://www.mastersunbound.com/He-Man...P_Crystoll.jpg
    Wow! if hes done in red translucent plastic! Im SO on board!!! (Im a sucka for Translucent figures!)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    That guy would be awesome! I'm sure he'd win over a lot of the NA haters too.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Personally, I like Crystoll more than Karatti, so it's cool he could be made
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Personally, I like Crystoll more than Karatti, so it's cool he could be made
    Karatti is one of my fave designs from NA, Id love to see what the 4H do with his cornrows/dreads.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Wow! if hes done in red translucent plastic! Im SO on board!!! (Im a sucka for Translucent figures!)
    I'm not usually a fan of translucent figures, I would of preferred the Goddess to not have been translucent like the prototype we saw at SDCC but I think red translucent plastic may be the best way to go with Crystoll.

Here's another pic of him piloting a Shuttle Pod:
    Last edited by 13977; March 18, 2011 at 07:00am.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    Great news about Crystoll !

The answer to the question I asked about Stridor and Spydor is not very clear, and that goes to show they didn't decide yet what would be a vehicle and what would be a beast (the only thing we know for sure is that the NA Terror Tread is considered a vehicle, and not a figure - at least, that's what Toyguru stated)... So, if all goes like TG stated, Stridor (and Night Stalker) should be beasts, and Spydor should be a vehicle. But it's not sure yet.

That won't help us fans to discern, and to know for sure if that item belongs in this or that category... Mattel likes to remain cryptic in their answers. I feel like some the beast idol and vehicle idol contestants are based on suppositions at best...

I'm amazed that no specifics have been discussed about She-Ra 2.0 yet... Isn't she supposed to be released by the end of the year, with Swiftwind ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; March 21, 2011 at 07:14am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    So, if all goes like TG stated, Stridor (and Night Stalker) should be beasts, and Spydor should be a vehicle.
    Thats what I assumed just from the size of them, I don't think Spydor could be done at the beast price tag.

Wanted: