Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King HSSSS on a Preternia Disguise He-Man card

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar

King HSSSS on a Preternia Disguise He-Man card

Hi everyone! Just got my BA Skeletor and King HSSSS today. I'm real happy with my BA Skeletor, he looks awesome as does King HSSSS. A wierd thing though, I missed out on my King HSSSS bio card because he arrived on a Preternia Disguise He-Man card. Did this happen to anyone else? Oh well, he's off the card now but I would of liked to of added his card to my collection. Sorry for the bad picture but It was the only way to show everyone what I'm talking about. I hope this didn't happen to anyone else.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll let you know when I get my stuff tomorrow.

Saw one person on facebook post about this. Guess it's more common than you think.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolapex View Post
    Hi everyone! Just got my BA Skeletor and King HSSSS today. I'm real happy with my BA Skeletor, he looks awesome as does King HSSSS. A wierd thing though, I missed out on my King HSSSS bio card because he arrived on a Preternia Disguise He-Man card. Did this happen to anyone else? Oh well, he's off the card now but I would of liked to of added his card to my collection. Sorry for the bad picture but It was the only way to show everyone what I'm talking about. I hope this didn't happen to anyone else.
    You should contact Mattel customer service via the mattycollector website and include a link to your pic, they will definitely send you another figure. Here's a link to the customer service section:

https://www.mattycollector.com/store...S&SiteID=matty

When I first read you question, I said to myself, how is he going to prove to everyone that he is telling the truth. I wasnt questioning it, but I know that people need pictures to believe anyone anymore. I commend you on your ingenuity in getting a picture with King Hsss showing and the back of the card!

I'm sure some one would trade with you if you don't want it, I know I would.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Can you take a pic of the cardback only? I want to see his bio...
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    You should contact Mattel customer service via the mattycollector website and include a link to your pic, they will definitely send you another figure.
    "Definitely" is an exaggeration.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Modulok View Post
    "Definitely" is an exaggeration.
    Not in my experience with Mattel's customer service. I've received replacements from them twice without any hassles.

An obvious photoshop! j/k!

Heroic Warrior
    Not in my experience with Mattel's customer service. I've received replacements from them twice without any hassles.
    Just once with me. They sent me a replacement piece no questions asked.

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Can you take a pic of the cardback only? I want to see his bio...
    I could take a picture of it but really it's exactly like every other Preternia Disguise He-Man bio card, down to all the figures showcased on the back.

Thanks to those who have encouraged me to contact Mattel and get a replacement. I really should, I paid good money for it.

Mine arrived today and they have the correct cardback.

"Preternia" King Hsss??!!? OH NOES!

Soooo....did anyone ELSE'S K.H. show up with a "Preternia Disguise He-man" backing card?
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Quote Originally Posted by stevetor View Post
    Soooo....did anyone ELSE'S K.H. show up with a "Preternia Disguise He-man" backing card?
    Lol I hope to get this variant !!!!!

Same. Although it took about 3 emails each time as they don't seem to understand what you're saying initially. Almost as if they don't care and hope it just goes away. :P

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope I get a real King Hsss card. Even though I'm not fond of all the bios, I do like collecting them. So...I'll be hella mad if I get the wrong card!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar
    Darn it! I got not one, but two incorrect King Hssss' with the PHM bio! I might sell one off depending on if I can get replacements or not.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

I got one with the Preternia He-man card too.
    Chapter 29
    This is an important announcement. This is flight 121 to Los Angeles. If your travel plans today do not include Los Angeles, now would be a perfect time to disembark.

I got roboto with no hassle, but with Vikor, 3 or 4 emails to matty and digital river...answer: we can't help you.
    Asked about it in ask matty section 4 times...no answer, so some times they just ignore us

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. As far as screwups are concerned, I put King Hssss just behind the shattering, pelvis exploding Goddess.

Reversed shoulders, lame snake torso, old wobbly ankles, weak torso joint, bad leg movement due to the new crotch, and now Preternia Disguise He-Man's card ? Seems like QC control gets worse and worse, for this line...

Has anyone with the wrong cardback tried to get a replacement?

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Mine has the PDHM card as well. What has been the experience trying to get a replacement from Mattel?

I would think that they could ask us to send a picture to show that we have it, and then send a replacement for free, and then I woke up to find Mattel trying to convince me that their mistakes are somehow my fault, and that I should pay double for complaining.

They sent me a new Roboto, just because mine had "the original" burst. But they give me the wrong card with Hssss, and now they want me to pay to ship it back, so they can correct their mistake?

Fyi, if you complain, they will reemburse you for the shipping price. But, based on the wording of their e-mail with instructions for return, I get the feeling they think I just want to return it, with no replacement. Now I'm affraid to send it off. I'd really like to keep him, and get a new, correct one, just for rarety's sake, but then I woke up.

I suggest that anyone with this issue does take a picture in the mirror to show the defect, along with your invoice sheet to show your name and all that. That's what I intend to do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Mine has the PDHM card as well. What has been the experience trying to get a replacement from Mattel?

I would think that they could ask us to send a picture to show that we have it, and then send a replacement for free, and then I woke up to find Mattel trying to convince me that their mistakes are somehow my fault, and that I should pay double for complaining.

They sent me a new Roboto, just because mine had "the original" burst. But they give me the wrong card with Hssss, and now they want me to pay to ship it back, so they can correct their mistake?

Fyi, if you complain, they will reemburse you for the shipping price. But, based on the wording of their e-mail with instructions for return, I get the feeling they think I just want to return it, with no replacement. Now I'm affraid to send it off. I'd really like to keep him, and get a new, correct one, just for rarety's sake, but then I woke up.

I suggest that anyone with this issue does take a picture in the mirror to show the defect, along with your invoice sheet to show your name and all that. That's what I intend to do anyway.
    When I contacted Mattel, I sent them multiple pictures from all different angles so that they could clearly see that my Hsss had the PTH cardback. They said that it would take about 3-5 days to make a claim on my behalf so I'm in the waiting process. I for damn sure don't have the money to ship the figures back to them so hopefully I'll get a replacement, no questions asked.

And I quote lol "When we receive your reply with the attachments photos, we will request for a replacement figure on your behalf which can take anywhere from 3-5 business days to process."
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; March 22, 2011 at 04:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    When I contacted Mattel, I sent them multiple pictures from all different angles so that they could clearly see that my Hsss had the PTH cardback. They said that it would take about 3-5 days to make a claim on my behalf so I'm in the waiting process. I for damn sure don't have the money to ship the figures back to them so hopefully I'll get a replacement, no questions asked.

And I quote lol "When we receive your reply with the attachments photos, we will request for a replacement figure on your behalf which can take anywhere from 3-5 business days to process."

I contacted them withthis very same problem, and was told to send pics...which I did...
    this was 5 days ago...i have heard nothing.

hrrrmmm...

on the one hand it's silly, b/c technically the figure is fine (except for the reversed shoulders), but dang it, i keep the bio's and i want one that is correct!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~