Thread: Adora reissue's skirt is WAY softer than the original version...

Adora reissue's skirt is WAY softer than the original version...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we just opened my son's Adora. The skirt piece is made of a MUCH softer plastic than the original's. So much so in fact that I'm grabbing a reissue off of their site tonight to replace my original with.

Thought I'd give folks a head's up in case they were on the fence about picking one up!

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we just opened my son's Adora. The skirt piece is made of a MUCH softer plastic than the original's. So much so in fact that I'm grabbing a reissue off of their site tonight to replace my original with.

Thought I'd give folks a head's up in case they were on the fence about picking one up!

Sallah
    Thanks for the heads-up. I may put in an order now.

Thanks, Sallah!
    Expect your Mattel paycheck in the mail

That's good to know. Softer is definately better on these things! (Weapons, notsomuch.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Hmm... wonder if the same goes for Evil-Lyn? Incidently, I just placed an order for Adora and Evil-Lyn's reissues an hour or so ago. My Adora has taken more spills than anybody due to her loose ankles, and today I found two chips of paint missing from her face and a sizable one from the tip of her boot. Evil-Lyn is by far one of my favorite figures of the line thus far, and I wanted a spare in case something should happen to this one. I know they intend on doing a variant of her down the road, but this yellow classic version is my favorite incarnation of the evil warrior goddess to date!
    Are you able to turn this reissue Adora at the waist at all with any more ease than the original?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Thanks, Sallah!
    Expect your Mattel paycheck in the mail
    They could just give me some review samples instead...

Then again... Since I posted the Hssss shoulders thing, they probably won't be doing that any time soon.

Sallah

Heroic Warrior
    I thought about ordering the reissue but considering the QC I figured the original was going to be better since it seemed last year whatever factory was better. How's the paint/eyes on Adora's reissue? Can you post some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Hmm... wonder if the same goes for Evil-Lyn? Incidently, I just placed an order for Adora and Evil-Lyn's reissues an hour or so ago. My Adora has taken more spills than anybody due to her loose ankles, and today I found two chips of paint missing from her face and a sizable one from the tip of her boot. Evil-Lyn is by far one of my favorite figures of the line thus far, and I wanted a spare in case something should happen to this one. I know they intend on doing a variant of her down the road, but this yellow classic version is my favorite incarnation of the evil warrior goddess to date!
    Are you able to turn this reissue Adora at the waist at all with any more ease than the original?
    I never thought Evil-Lyn's was all that bad. The skirt on my Lyn is pretty soft, and she can easily rotate at the waist.

And yeah... you can easily rotate Adora at the waist now.

Sallah

I never thought Evil-Lyn's was all that bad. The skirt on my Lyn is pretty soft, and she can easily rotate at the waist.

And yeah... you can easily rotate Adora at the waist now.

Sallah
    If you could click "like" on this, I would!

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I thought about ordering the reissue but considering the QC I figured the original was going to be better since it seemed last year whatever factory was better. How's the paint/eyes on Adora's reissue? Can you post some pics?
    Sure... but don't judge me on the quality of these. I didn't want to pull out all the lighting setup for these, so they are real quick snaps with on-board flash.

The reissue's face actually looks a bit "warmer" than the original's, with a slightly rosier tone. Her hair also doesn't have as much dark highlights as my original does. Oh, and you may notice a slight nose rub on the reissue here. I am pretty sure that came from my son playing with her... but I didn't examine her closely when we first opened her, so I can't guarantee it wasn't like that from the start.

And just to show how soft that new skirt is-

Sallah

The left eye on the reissue looks to have some paint app issues.

Thanks for posting this Sallah.

Do you or anyone else have the re-issue Lyn or Marzo?

That's pretty good news. Thanx for the heads up
    FILMATION

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They could just give me some review samples instead...

Then again... Since I posted the Hssss shoulders thing, they probably won't be doing that any time soon.

Sallah
    You've got a website that features "Ask Matty". You mentioned King Hssss' shoulders, but you've also mentioned that Adora has softer plastic. You mentioned both good or bad things on these figures, so that means you're a fair reviewer.

I think that you SHOULD do reviews on your site for figures. Start with fixed Adora. Continue with King Hssss, Battle Armor Skeletor and then Sy-Klone. Then ask Toyguru to send you review samples. Mattel and the fans could use your observational skills.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    The left eye on the reissue looks to have some paint app issues.
    Isn't every figure individually HAND-painted?
    Each figure is bound to have differences from the other

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You've got a website that features "Ask Matty". You mentioned King Hssss' shoulders, but you've also mentioned that Adora has softer plastic. You mentioned both good or bad things on these figures, so that means you're a fair reviewer.

I think that you SHOULD do reviews on your site for figures. Start with fixed Adora. Continue with King Hssss, Battle Armor Skeletor and then Sy-Klone. Then ask Toyguru to send you review samples. Mattel and the fans could use your observational skills.
    I agree with MGM
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I agree with MGM
    I agree as well.

You catch things, and make comments about figures that a reviewer should.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Isn't every figure individually HAND-painted?
    Each figure is bound to have differences from the other
    Correct me if I'm wrong, someone with more knowledge than I, but doesn't "Hand Painted" mean someone held the paint mask and sprayer rather than having a machine do it these days?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, someone with more knowledge than I, but doesn't "Hand Painted" mean someone held the paint mask and sprayer rather than having a machine do it these days?
    I believe that is correct.
    Bill :: guitargod694

The boots from my Adora are very soft and warped. :-(
    Are the boots from the Re-Release Adora harder like Teelas or Evil-Lyns?
    And how are the ankles? Loose like the first release or tight?
    Thankx for your answers! :-)

I appreciate the support on getting review samples guys... I've never felt the need to actually review the figures on www.motucfigures.com since the product is already in the hands of the buyers by the time I have pictures ready, so I've always just been content to run the site as a home for cool MOTUC pictures. I have started doing video spotlights on the figures with my son as sort of a "retrospective on the line" kinda thing, offering the perspectives of me (being the old fart) and him (being the new blood) on each release.... But I don't think samples are ever going to happen. I've e-mailed Scott before about it, and he said that they can't do just one specific line for samples- When they send them out, it's a batch of all the collector lines Mattel produces. Since my site only covers MOTU, they can't do it for me since the samples would also include Ghostbusters, DCUC, and JLU product.

In my opinion though, they should really take a hard look at changing that policy. If samples were sent out to sites specific to each line, I think the product would get more attention paid to it. Stuff like Hssss' shoulders might be caught if that figure wasn't swimming in a sea of other lines that need reviewing. That's just my 2 cents.

And I don't want any of that to come across as criticizing the folks doing reviews right now. I think all the reviewers do an AMAZING job (in particular Pixel Dan, Poe, and the Fwoosh)... but they do have a lot on their plates, and I just think that Mattel shouldn't put a blind eye towards line-specific sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    The boots from my Adora are very soft and warped. :-(
    Are the boots from the Re-Release Adora harder like Teelas or Evil-Lyns?
    And how are the ankles? Loose like the first release or tight?
    Thankx for your answers! :-)
    I'll take a look tonight and let you know!

Sallah

In my opinion though, they should really take a hard look at changing that policy. If samples were sent out to sites specific to each line, I think the product would get more attention paid to it. Stuff like Hssss' shoulders might be caught if that figure wasn't swimming in a sea of other lines that need reviewing. That's just my 2 cents.

Sallah
    Their reasoning does make some sense to me. I'd bet that the vast majority of visitors to a Masters-specific site are already buying MOTUC or are at least familiar with the line and what is coming out so promotion there is not necessary. Where as something like Fwoosh just might bring in a general action figure collector who sees the review and says "That's a cool figure, maybe I'll pick it up.".

Also, having a die-hard fan look over a figure with a fine tooth comb a few weeks before sale doesnt sound like a good business move either. It's not like Matty would have choosen to destroy the whole run of Hsss had Pixel Dan notices the shoulders. (just playing devil's advocate)

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Their reasoning does make some sense to me. I'd bet that the vast majority of visitors to a Masters-specific site are already buying MOTUC or are at least familiar with the line and what is coming out so promotion there is not necessary. Where as something like Fwoosh just might bring in a general action figure collector who sees the review and says "That's a cool figure, maybe I'll pick it up.".

Also, having a die-hard fan look over a figure with a fine tooth comb a few weeks before sale doesnt sound like a good business move either. It's not like Matty would have choosen to destroy the whole run of Hsss had Pixel Dan notices the shoulders. (just playing devil's advocate)

Oh, I definitely agree that people visiting the MOTU sites are probably buying the figures, and in some ways I can see why they do it that way. My side of the argument is that MOTU specific sites can perhaps offer more in-depth views for the MOTU fans who don't have subs and may not buy all the figures. When I post links to reviews through my MOTU Classics facebook page, I've noticed quite a few postings where a single review can motivate fans to either purchase or pass on a figure. A regular review site may not highlight something like Adora reissue's more rubbery skirt or the backwards shoulders on HSSS, since they may not notice or feel it's necessary to point it out... but if a MOTU-centric site, that only spends time reviewing just these figures, probably would, which would offer a really intricate review for fans who are on the fence about certain figures.

As to the perils of having a die-hard fan going over these with a fine-toothed comb: That's one of the risks you take in doing review samples for any line. The only way to combat that is by putting out product that you stand behind.

And I'm not saying all this just as reasons to get samples for my site in particular... I pretty much know that's a lost cause. I'd be just as happy to see folks like Val, Emiliano, MOTUClassics.com, or Patrick Fogarty get them, since I know those guys would really be able to put the focus on just these figures and check every little nook and cranny on them.

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; March 25, 2011 at 09:52am.

I'll take a look tonight and let you know!

Sallah
    This would be great! Thank you! :-)