Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Mattel at C2E2

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    If that was the case that's the biggest case of someone with split personalities and one that truly hates his other half
    Dr. Duke and Mr. Toyguru or whaaaat!?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Dr. Duke and Mr. Toyguru or whaaaat!?
    As portrayed by the one and only David Hasselhoff!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Didn't the original slime pit get rereleased for something in the last decade? Like Harry Potter or something completely off the wall?

I seem to remember it being in the toy aisles and laughing because it was NOTHING to do with MOTU and yet STILL had the Hordak face on it.

Visions of the Ewok village/Sherwood Forest and the Green Arrow/Robin hood. retools came to mind.
    I googled pics for it and while very similar, they did not reuse the mold... Wish I had one for King Hssss!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by krestfallen View Post
    i was @ the booth when i heard what the two-pack is. don't know why they didn't reveal it. i don't want to get the really nice ppl at the booth in trouble because they said something they weren't supposed to....this sux....awesome variant....damn. BTW...the PCN guys got treated like kings there
    Why even bring it up in the first place? Unless it was just attention seeking.

Guys, I know tensions are high right now, but can we please stop with the back and forth bickering? I'd appreciate it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I really liked their Grayskull setup, BTW.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_3960.jpg

so this was probably discussed like 8 pages ago but I haven't had time to read them all. Has this role play sword been seen at other cons? And if they have no plans to release something cool like that to us paying customers, why put it out there to tease us?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post

so this was probably discussed like 8 pages ago but I haven't had time to read them all. Has this role play sword been seen at other cons? And if they have no plans to release something cool like that to us paying customers, why put it out there to tease us?
    There are entire threads discussing that.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post

They probably consider it similar to the Castle Grayskull they had on display over the weekend. It's cool to look at but it's not for sale. I'd still like a Power Sword even if it was all plastic(actually I'd prefer plastic since I don't want to be put on a governmental watchlist since I'm getting weapons sent to my house), but it seems that Mattel is even against making that too.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Here's some video footage of the display!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Shoulders on Sy-Klone?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I really liked their Grayskull setup, BTW.
    Cast-A-Way Toys, who made the 8" Phantom figure, had an exclusive throne a while back. It was simple foam painted to look like stone, and likely wouldn't stand up to play, but something along those lines to use as a backdrop for the figures (much as we see here) wouldn't be as costly to make as a regular playset. It would fill in until the real thing comes along.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Cast-A-Way Toys, who made the 8" Phantom figure, had an exclusive throne a while back. It was simple foam painted to look like stone, and likely wouldn't stand up to play, but something along those lines to use as a backdrop for the figures (much as we see here) wouldn't be as costly to make as a regular playset. It would fill in until the real thing comes along.
    The Cast-a-way throne was made from a poly resin, I believe.

I'm not sure what the Mattel one is made of, but if they could replicate it, even if it was a foam, it'd be a great seller. It's not like it really need to be for play anyway. Most people just want it to be a dio piece.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Is it me or did they de-claw her claw hand so she can semi-hold her whip?

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    The Cast-a-way throne was made from a poly resin, I believe.

I'm not sure what the Mattel one is made of, but if they could replicate it, even if it was a foam, it'd be a great seller. It's not like it really need to be for play anyway. Most people just want it to be a dio piece.
    I had to look it up.
    It was $75 which is pretty expensive for a chair. Imagine the cost for a large castle front or even the whole castle
    The throne itself is made from a soft polyurethane, that you can throw against the wall and it will bounce right off! Unless you let your dog chew on it, it’s pretty much impossible to damage easily, and that means you won’t have to worry about paint rubs, or chipping the seat when you’re moving the figure around on it.
    This is what it looks like:

quote and pictures from "a site called fred"
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I had to look it up.
    It was $75 which is pretty expensive for a chair. Imagine the cost for a large castle front or even the whole castle
    Yeah but there were far, far fewer of those made than if Mattel made a batch. Cast-a-way is two guys running a business out of their basement. Mattel, even on Matty, could get the price down if they wanted.

And that was a poly-resin base. I don't think anyone is suggesting Mattel make Grayskull out of that material. Something cheaper would be much more viable and cost effective.