Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel at C2E2

I'm right outside Chicago and almost broke my ban on ever going to a comic convention to go to this, but Mattel's Matty Tour sounded like a whole lot of nuttin'. ToyGuru isn't even going to it. I really don't think the people who aren't getting this in their city should be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    If that's true then the 3rd face HAS to be Beast Man!
    I was hoping for Teela.

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 19, 2011 at 02:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Could you imagine if, as a surprise, Clawful's shell and shield were somehow interchangable??!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm right outside Chicago and almost broke my ban on ever going to a comic convention to go to this, but Mattel's Matty Tour sounded like a whole lot of nuttin'. ToyGuru isn't even going to it. I really don't think the people who aren't getting this in their city should be upset.
    I want to enter that collection contest!

Also...why do you have a ban on conventions? If I was close, I'd go for sure!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Catra looks great even MOC, but I really don't like Clawful's shell. It looks like some type of alien is on his back. Oh well. He was my favorite reveal at Toy Fair. I guess Megator is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Also...why do you have a ban on conventions? If I was close, I'd go for sure!
    I like geek culture but I don't like the type of people conventions attract(at least from what I hear from those who have gone to them); odd people who lack good hygiene & social skills. I know if I ever go to one, I'll swear off comics & genre movies the very next day. I guess I'm a self hating, closeted geek.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Clawful's shield still looks waaaay too glossy candy apple red to me.
    It looks like a prehistoric lady bug to me. The texture is off on it imo. I'm not sure a shield was a good idea for a guy covered with a hard shell.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 19, 2011 at 02:40am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

I like geek culture but I don't like the type of people conventions attract(at least from what I hear from those who have gone to them); odd people who lack good hygiene & social skills. I know if I ever go to one, I'll swear off comics & genre movies the very next day. I guess I'm a self hating, closeted geek.
    I can't say I've ever been, but I've gone to toy shows with my best friend in Hamilton and Burlington! Oh my God, most fun I've ever had. I always end up spending a bunch though. I usually buy until I run out of money. The dealers were really nice. The one guy had 200X He-Man stuff like...5 years ago and when he found out I liked He-Man, he tried to sell me everything. It was a little odd, because he was really trying to push it. I was like "I only need that one," and he didn't seem as excited anymore.

I looks like a prehistoric lady bug to me.
    This made me laugh my ass off! Quote of the day.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    That's a different Castle Grayskull than was at SDCC.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I can't say I've ever been, but I've gone to toy shows with my best friend in Hamilton and Burlington! Oh my God, most fun I've ever had. I always end up spending a bunch though. I usually buy until I run out of money. The dealers were really nice. The one guy had 200X He-Man stuff like...5 years ago and when he found out I liked He-Man, he tried to sell me everything. It was a little odd, because he was really trying to push it. I was like "I only need that one," and he didn't seem as excited anymore.
    I've gone to a toy show before but I didn't get anything. I did feel sad after it though. It was like Toy Story 3. A bunch of old toys who looked like they'd seen better days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    That's a different Castle Grayskull than was at SDCC.
    I'm kinda scared if we got a Castle Grayskull, it would look like that. I'd even prefer the 2002 design over that display design but Filmation's Grayskull is "THE" castle imho.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 19, 2011 at 02:45am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

GREAT news on The Faceless One. Mattel at times deserves the bashing, but also deserves credit when it's due and I'm glad to see that they stepped up. Well done!

I've gone to a toy show before but I didn't get anything. I did feel sad after it though. It was like Toy Story 3. A bunch of old toys who looked like they'd seen better days.
    That's why you buy them for good prices and love them! I'm also excellent at bartering (in person). My mom taught me well from many years of yardsales. I could write a book on it. Everyone goes away happy. My best MOTU find at a toy show would be two 80's Sorceress figures for $2 or $5 each...and a local flea market with black face Grizzlor for $.25 or $1.

The most shocking deal I got was when I was 7 or 8 at a yardsale. It was this wicked cool, cobra base thing (not G.I. Joe, an actual coiled up cobra snake that was a moving spaceship thing. NO idea what toyline it's from). I went to ask the guy how much he wanted for it...and he looked at me and said "You know what? You can have it." I couldn't believe it...and still can't. It's so damn cool! He has laser cannons in his mouth! I need to find out what it is though. It's been killing me all these years.

This does look great. The faceless one has been given a reprieve. One point for matty. On the other note, how do Sy-Klones shoulders look in package?

The most shocking deal I got was when I was 7 or 8 at a yardsale. It was this wicked cool, cobra base thing (not G.I. Joe, an actual coiled up cobra snake that was a moving spaceship thing. NO idea what toyline it's from). I went to ask the guy how much he wanted for it...and he looked at me and said "You know what? You can have it." I couldn't believe it...and still can't. It's so damn cool! He has laser cannons in his mouth! I need to find out what it is though. It's been killing me all these years.
    pics!! sounds awesome!

That's why you buy them for good prices and love them! I'm also excellent at bartering (in person). My mom taught me well from many years of yardsales. I could write a book on it. Everyone goes away happy. My best MOTU find at a toy show would be two 80's Sorceress figures for $2 or $5 each...and a local flea market with black face Grizzlor for $.25 or $1.

One thing you reminded me of, and I guess shows me how much I've changed over the years, is that I loved going to garage sales/yard sales as a kid. I still remember falling in love with Megos when I saw some Star Trek Megos at a garage sale even though I never watched Star Trek.

JOIN THE GROUP...

While I'm still not overly thrilled with the head, Clawful is really starting to grow on me! His armor looks incredible! I'm indifferent to the shield.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    pics!! sounds awesome!
    I'll try to take pictures tomorrow. I just ran to the basement to see if I could find him, and I did! All I know is he's made by TOMY Japan and is probably from the 80's. I'll start a thread on him in the "Other" forums when I can take pics, but I NEED to know what he is, what he's from and what he's supposed to come with. There's a really tiny guy in a little spacepod you can't play with. It's like in the movies when they come across a spaceship that is no longer in working order, and there's only dead bodies aboard and no explanation and they try to find out what happened. That's what this toy has always been to me!

EDIT: Oh my God! I was searching based on my limited knowledge about it and found it because of a G.I. Joe site, no less! It's from Starriors! Mine's missing all the accessories, I think. I got it free though!

One thing you reminded me of, and I guess shows me how much I've changed over the years, is that I loved going to garage sales/yard sales as a kid. I still remember falling in love with Megos when I saw some Star Trek Megos at a garage sale even though I never watched Star Trek.
    I'm glad I reminded you of happy thoughts.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 19, 2011 at 03:30am.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    [/QUOTE] The most shocking deal I got was when I was 7 or 8 at a yardsale. It was this wicked cool, cobra base thing (not G.I. Joe, an actual coiled up cobra snake that was a moving spaceship thing. NO idea what toyline it's from). I went to ask the guy how much he wanted for it...and he looked at me and said "You know what? You can have it." I couldn't believe it...and still can't. It's so damn cool! He has laser cannons in his mouth! I need to find out what it is though. It's been killing me all these years. [/QUOTE]

It's the armored battle station from the Starriors line. I had them all. It was a pretty interesting story concept. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    It's the armored battle station from the Starriors line. I had them all. It was a pretty interesting story concept. Check them out.
    Oh, you knew what it was just when I discovered it for myself! At least someone knew about these. All I knew, is that I LOVED that toy.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Toy Guru on Faceless one-
    Nope. It wasn't too late so we fixed it. (see we DO listen!) And we try to always make changes when they are logistically possible!

The version from C2E2 is very close to final production.
    this is from the other FO thread, TG posted today!

Also Clawfuls shield wont be on display with mine anyhow, so I dont care about it. (-though it is tacky!)

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Could you imagine if, as a surprise, Clawful's shell and shield were somehow interchangable??!!
    That would take Clawful from good to great if it was so.

Oh, you knew what it was just when I discovered it for myself! At least someone knew about these. All I knew, is that I LOVED that toy.
    I knew of Starriors but I never had any. That cobra base/ship is really cool looking though.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Why is the Ram Stone being shown at C2E2 no longer a translucent green?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I thought the first Faceless One we saw looked fine, but I admit this one does look better.

And I'm very excited about Clawful.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The new face is not accurate, but is way better to the one on SDDC. Also the black hood is awesome.

Thanks for the changes.

In order to avoid these kind of problems, figures must be shown earlier when changes can be done...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    Clawful's back shell looks wonderful !

Faceless One looks MUCH better with the black hood AND with the new face paint !

Could anyone tell me if Catra's red mask can be posed the same way as her grey cat mask (i.e., on her nose) ? Thanks !

Why is the Ram Stone being shown at C2E2 no longer a translucent green?
    Hum... probably because the translucent plastic was too brittle ?
    I agree, though : the ramstone looked cooler when it was translucent !
    Last edited by Prahvus; March 19, 2011 at 08:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Pictures courtesy of Markatisu (I hope you don't mind. I will remove them if you do)
    Hooray! Catra's bio is so close yet so far away.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm reminded of the nickname that Bebop and Rocksteady called the TMNT--"Shellbacks". Clawful's rear shell is awesome.

New reveals ALWAYS defuse the tension around here when something goes wrong.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Well having seen the booth up front its exactly like the Mattel con booths of old, SDCC aside (which is always 100x bigger in everything) its pretty darn big

Last year they had 1 stand with a few figures and no staff, most of the figures were fallen over or looked just sad.

This year is an entire display area with fully setup up diorama's for Ghostbusters/DCU/Green Lantern/JLU/Wrestling. Video monitors showing off Green Lantern movie trailers, a retail booth selling JLU Exclusives and multiple Matty staff on hand to answer questions. It is located right up front in the Con which means if nothing else Mattel shelled out some $$$$ to get it put there (its even in front of the Marvel Thor area).

It is true Scott did not make it but he did send 2 of his prominent MattyCollector members to field the questions. Not to mention they are having a panel on Sunday

So yes its nothing we really have not seen already, but don't downplay it like its worthless because if you had seen last years epic fail of a presence you would be shocked at the difference
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback