Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Catra's Bio revealed!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar

Catra's Bio revealed!

From FB Matty's page:

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

________
    / | \\___
    /........|-.... |...... o\
    (@)-----------(@)-

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    It should be "adopted" not "step-daughter".

The profile is great other than that and I do love the pic of Catra. Good stuff!!

Preternia. She's ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    It should be "adopted" not "step-daughter".

The profile is great other than that and I do love the pic of Catra. Good stuff!!
    I agree. Totally a wrong usage for the "step" term.

I don't really like that she is as old as the rest of the Horde. I'd have prefered that was from Etheria and joined the Horde once they arrived but I guess this helps move away from the concept that Etheria is only populated by a bunch of powerful women and the men are either in the background or non-existant. Overall, not a bad bio but also not that interesting to me.

Someone try to pull the Hordak and King Graysull pics off and see what's underneath

5000 years old.
    From New Adventures.
    Do I need to say more?
    Something is telling me I better skip recording next RGD episode!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    It was pointed out on Matty's FB page that the Tri Star System is from New Adventures of He-Man! How cool is that!?? Way to tie it together!

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that she's pretty old. Maybe it's the Tiger Blood! LOL.
    Last edited by HordeFan; March 19, 2011 at 01:04pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Thank god it says the words "Force Captain" in there. That's what I was most worried about.

All in all, I don't have a problem with it at all. It's actually a pretty good bio. I never thought of Catra being an ancient/Preternia character though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Yeah…I don't get this. She's 5,000 years old now? Maybe time operates differently in Despondos? And she's from New Adventure's Tri-Solar Galaxy?? AND Adora is Hordak's STEP-DAUGHTER?? At most she'd be an adopted daughter.

I guess the people approving bios are the same as the ones approving the figures with backwards shoulders.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Okay, the Horde MUST have something which stops their aging while they're in Despondos, surely, if every last blasted one of them is native to the Eternian dimension and they were trapped there for hundreds or thousands of years.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely like Catra being very much part of the Horde, but I was never entirely fond of MYP having the Horde originating in Eternia's past rather than the present of outer space, and I like the idea of it less & less as time goes on - THAT's the sticking point for me.

PS: Darkspecter is going to HATE this, isn't he?

Edit:-
    PPS: Okay, Catra officially turns into a "PANTHER" (I always thought of her as a cheetah, but leaving that aside for the moment). With that, if they intend to reuse a Cringer buck for her cat form, both the head and, importantly, the legs (particularly the shoulder & hip joints) must be new and very distinct from Cringer's, rather than another "Panthor is a tigor" moment...
    Last edited by Reboot; March 19, 2011 at 01:12pm.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    I still love more and more "Magicats" PoP episode where says that Catra got her mask when the Horde Empire invaded Etheria... the best stories always are those simple stories... why someone need to complicate and change drastically things?!
    Last edited by AlessandraF; March 19, 2011 at 01:14pm.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

________
    / | \\___
    /........|-.... |...... o\
    (@)-----------(@)-

Step-daughter?

I guess the only way that happens is if Marlena divorces Randor and then marries Hordak? Who knew that Marlena had a thing for bats?
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Step-daughter?

I guess the only way that happens is if Marlena divorces Randor and then marries Hordak? Who knew that Marlena had a thing for bats?
    They had a secret affair. It's obvious.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Step-daughter?

So, Hordak somehow MARRIED Queen Marlena?

This further enforces my point that these bios are being written by uneducated people!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So Catra is from the ancient Tri-Solar Galaxy? She has to be from Primus...I wonder which place did she rule? Levitan? Titus?

All of the Horde have to be pretty ancient, unless they are new recruits.

I like the bio...mainly for the New Adventures link. I wish they would have mentioned if she could cast spells or not--or if she was her own villain from time-to-time.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Step-daughter?

This further enforces my point that these bios are being written by MORONS!
    Calling them morons is being nice lol. So…somehow Adora and Adam are twins, yet Hordak is Adora's step-father. lol
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Now, call me crazy, but what if they are NOT referencing Adora here? I mean, if it's Adora, why not just SAY it's Adora?

Yeah, we know she defected. But who's to say somebody else didn't defect, too?

The line has a tendency to be repetitive. Evil Lyn frees everybody, and King Hsss eats everyone's brother.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that another Force Captain defected, is it?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    5000 years old.
    From New Adventures.
    Do I need to say more?
    Something is telling me I better skip recording next RGD episode!
    From Hssss' shoulders to Catra's bio...Emiliano-wise, next RGD ought to be VERY interesting.

So she was a disputed monarch...Catra isn't the rightful ruler of Driluth III. I guess Driluth III is a planet or moon in the Tri-Solar Galaxy.

Another question I have is how are the Horde linked to the Tri-Solar Galaxy? Did they rule it once?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 19, 2011 at 01:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Now, call me crazy, but what if they are NOT referencing Adora here? I mean, if it's Adora, why not just SAY it's Adora?

Yeah, we know she defected. But who's to say somebody else didn't defect, too?

The line has a tendency to be repetitive. Evil Lyn frees everybody, and King Hsss eats everyone's brother.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that another Force Captain defected, is it?
    I'm sure that's what will be said, even though it IS a screw-up.

They'll make some other POP character Hordak's step-daughter and change her "planned" bio.

Because the bios are all "planned", right???
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I'm sure that's what will be said, even though it IS a screw-up.

They'll make some other POP character Hordak's step-daughter and change her "planned" bio.

Because the bios are all "planned", right???
    The first (and only) candidate to spring to mind is Double Trouble.

Regarding the step-daughter...

Maybe thats what Hordak told everyone and the rest of the Horde still dont know Adora is Adams sister, they possible only know She-Ra is He-Mans sister.

Remember only we know all the facts.

...just a thought...

I think it's a decent bio. Not interested in the character but I like how they tied her in here.

And obviously time operates differently or something in Despondos, as there's there's no way all the Horde are biologically 5000 years old. I would have thought this was a given?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    There's no earthly way of knowing / Which direction we are going / There's no knowing where we're rowing / Or which way the river's flowing / Is it raining? / Is it snowing? / Is a hurricane a-blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing / So the danger must be growing / Are the fires of hell a-glowing? / Is the grisly reaper mowing? / Yes! The danger must be growing

For the rowers keep on rowing / And they're certainly not showing / Any signs that they are slowing!

Oh, and since Double Trouble never appeared in the She-Ra cartoon, she'd be the obvious candidate for a face-turn of sorts, yes?

[Incidentally, 5000 years of loyal service is a REALLY long time to wait for a promotion...]

The step-daughter thing doesn't bother me. It's very likely that's just what Hordak called Adora, thus what she was known as on Etheria. I doubt she would have been very loyal to him if he went around calling her his kidnapped foster kid.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Warrior
    I think Mattel decided to make a time SOUP out of this biography !

Take a little bit of NA... mix with some Preternia stuff, and tie it into the present... and voil !

And in order to make things more confused (something Mattel has become a real master for), make Adora (the Force Captain, I guess) Hordak's stepdaughter...

Catra's real name (Cyra of D'Riluth III) must be one of the worst so far, IMO.

All in all, this bio is not great at all. Let's now hope that the figure will be flawless...

Seriously, it's fortunate I can't be bothered by the bios and don't care about them at all, because I totally agree with what was said above by chuc98 and Big Country :

I guess the people approving bios are the same as the ones approving the figures with backwards shoulders.
    Step-daughter?

This further enforces my point that these bios are being written by MORONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Okay, the Horde MUST have something which stops their aging while they're in Despondos, surely, if every last blasted one of them is native to the Eternian dimension and they were trapped there for hundreds or thousands of years.
    I assume that's how they explain it, but then wouldn't Adora just stay a baby once she arrives on Etheria? How can she age normally in relation to Eternia if the rest of the Horde does not?

When in doubt. . . MAGIC!