View Poll Results: Castle Grayskull For MOTUC?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want a Display Castle Grayskull.

47 41.23%
  • I want a Playset Castle Grayskull.

60 52.63%
  • I don't want a MOTUC Castle Grayskull.

7 6.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle Grayskull at C2E2

Castle Grayskull at C2E2

Ok, I saw the post by board member demiscy, and I looked at that photo and I was amazed of how cool would a castle Grayskull will be in this line. But questions began filling up my head...

1. Do we need CG to be a playset like the 80's one?
    2. Do we need it to be green?
    3. Do we need it to come with lots of pieces and parts?

After thinking about it... Even I was shocked over my own thoughts.

No, I don't need the CG to be a Playset, nor it to be green....And not even the parts and stuff.

Why? Simple, this is an ADULT COLLECTOR line. I for sure won't be playing with my MOTUC figs. Yes I will display them and change them from time to time.... But no, I will not play with them. At 33 years old I don't see me doing that. My vintage Castle Grayskull is displayed CLOSED... To show the awesomeness of a Skull faced castle!!!

Also, as an adult collector I understand that my current MOTUC figures looks more adult themed than the vintage ones. And for that reason I want a castle Grayskull that looks the part for those figures.

As you can see in the pictures, that castle does not open, does not have loose parts, it's not a playset...It is a display device for your figures.... With awesome Classic/Vintage/Wheathered colors and shades, it gives the figures a vibe of and ancient temple/castle of power and magic.

So the main question here is...Would fans accept a display CG instead of a playset CG....

I, as a 33 yr old Collector, vote for the display castle...in style with the one displayed there! Obviously, it needs to be a bit more scaled to the current height of the MOTUC figures.

Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

I would prefer a playset, but would be happy with a display, on the condition that it looks NOTHING like the one from C2E2. That is NOT the Castle Grayskull that I want. It has to look like the original playset.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptofGuard26 View Post
    I would prefer a playset, but would be happy with a display, on the condition that it looks NOTHING like the one from C2E2. That is NOT the Castle Grayskull that I want. It has to look like the original playset.
    I totally agree, would you imagine a classic version with those paint apps and details....Just as a display.... That would be crazy awesome!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

While My main use will be Display, the advantage of a Playset is that I can do a Display about events "inside the Castle". Also a Playset would have to bring props and other stuff for "play value" that can be used as props for a Diorama.

As long as it DOES NOT LOOK like the C2E2 Castle I'm OK with it being a playset or a Diorama Background!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

We are already getting the props to add "play value" to a possible display... Hmmmm...Had not thought about that! hahaha

We're getting the weapons Rack, but I don't see them selling the Throne or the Grayskull computers ...
    Battling WSOD for a toy chair?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I'm with others here. I wouldn't mind a display set, (though a working drawbridge would be nice) but I don't want *THAT* display set. That does not look like the Castle Grayskull I want. If it's going to be display only, it needs to have plenty of places to stand characters on so it can actually DISPLAY - so the 200x balcony would be nice, and the walk-way across the top the the vintage castle was some times depicted as having would be great for that too.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I totally loved the display in the picture and I would love to have that for myself, with maybe a better color scheme.
    Last edited by Leviathan; March 21, 2011 at 03:46pm.
    SUPPORTING THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN 110%

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I wouldn't want it to look like the playset, which looks quite frankly horrible. The C2E2 one is fine, APART from the "baldness" of it - it needs the "crown".

Really, there's only one Grayskull I want to see, if I'm honest:

But if they can't do that, the original playset is NOT the way to go.

I want a playset. The interior of Grayskull is just as important to me as the exterior. I want to be able to put my figures inside the Castle as well as the outside.

But most important of all, I want it to be just like the rest of the Motuc line - and be the best Castle Grayskull toy ever made. No matter how well it's sculpted, a display piece/diarama will never surpass an actual playset.

I want a playset version of what the 4H sculpted for Scareglow's reliquary.

I'll be disappointed somewhat if it looks like the 200X castle, or at all like that display castle at C2E2... which is fine, for display, but I wouldn't want to spend money on that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I will accept nothing less than a playset Castle Grayskull because I want a playset Snak Mountain. This I command!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snak Mountain... Snak... Snack... Snack Mountain! Yeah, I want two of those!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    I would love some form of CG but I don't really like the one they showed this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    We're getting the weapons Rack, but I don't see them selling the Throne or the Grayskull computers ...
    Battling WSOD for a toy chair?

Now that you say that...Maybe the next "weapons packs" could have a Throne or Grayskull computers or the blasters... Maybe they can play it like that. I would totally grab those!!!

LOL @ battling the WSOD for a toy chair! wasn't expecting that comment! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I'm with others here. I wouldn't mind a display set, (though a working drawbridge would be nice) but I don't want *THAT* display set. That does not look like the Castle Grayskull I want. If it's going to be display only, it needs to have plenty of places to stand characters on so it can actually DISPLAY - so the 200x balcony would be nice, and the walk-way across the top the the vintage castle was some times depicted as having would be great for that too.

Yeah, that one is *small*....As we can clearly see, both Skelly and Stratos almost doesn't fit in the towers... They have to do something in scale and with, as you say, areas to actually display figs!
    Last edited by He Man 12; March 21, 2011 at 06:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Snak Mountain... Snak... Snack... Snack Mountain! Yeah, I want two of those!
    You've fallen for my hypnotic suggestion and subliminal messages! I am so evil! Muahahahahahahahahaha!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I will accept nothing less than a playset Castle Grayskull because I want a playset Snak Mountain. This I command!
    I totally agree.
    Mattel, obey him!

I agree, but am a bit more evhement on it being a playset.

It must look like the Vintage boxart in my book!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    I totally agree.
    Mattel, obey him!
    Yes, Kobra Khan, my loyal lackey! Give them orders!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'd like a "large" display castle.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i'd like a "large" display castle.
    CURSES!!! we did too.

they had one at SDCC 2009, but we were performing in the Masquerade that year as Skeletor and Evil-Lyn.
    so they would not allow us to reveal our costumes until the show.

I dont want the CG displayed, but I do want one more in scale with the figures. I do want it to be a playset, although I dont intend to play with my figures, but, as others have stated, I do want the additional display options that a playset may offer.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    A green display for me.

Whatever we get, I hope it looks NOTHING like the one from SDCC last year or from ToyFair/C2E2/Wondercon....or were they the same one? Either way, it/they looked TERRIBLE.

I prefer a display Castle since I won't use a playset and thus don't want to spend the money it would cost.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I don't care if a new CG isn't the same as the 80s one but I don't like that one on display. Maybe if it were bigger.