Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man Of Steel/Superman Movie Reboot Thread

Here's some spoilerish toy commercials that hint on how Zod may look like and some possible additional characters or vehicles:

Also, there's this rumor bout this cameo

Wonder Woman

After seeing the poster, I just hope we can see an upcoming trailer with much more Wachowski bros vibe than the Terence Malick teaser released
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

TBH, I'm just hoping for some really good action. With Zach Snyder at the helm, I'm sure there will be.

Full trailer

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really liking the look of this! Can't wait
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I A-M S-O F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G H-Y-P-E-D-!-!-!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    To paraphrase Gollum:"We hates it."
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Very excited.

Meh. I'm not sold. What is with the freaking "dark Superman"? I'll keep my mind open and see it.

-Johnny C

I like the Sweet Hereafter element at the beginning (kind of a more emotional take on a typical Smallville event), and the glimpses of action seem neat (always do in a trailer) but there's still some of that Superman Returns preciousness that I thought would be the main thing they'd want to leave behind. Cute to hear the Maximus going to Ellysium fanfare from Gladiator, but yeah, I still ain't feeling it without the Williams tunes.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 11, 2012 at 09:54pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I was put off by Jonathan Kent basically saying Clark should have let someone die
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I was put off by Jonathan Kent basically saying Clark should have let someone die
    Yeah... that was odd.

I kinda like the look of teh Krytonian suits, they seem to look more armored. Also, there seems to be a huge attack on Metropolis whichwe are just seeing a glimpse.
    Also, there seems to be one nano second fragment of Kal-El kneeling... mmm.

My feedback thread

Pa Kent probably says a lot more in that conversation after the trailer cuts him off.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

The movie looks and feels magnificent.

My only complaint is Henry looking a bit too slim.
    Reeve looked muscular, large and tall, but also elegant and full of harmony.

The red trunks are gone but I'm indifferent. I just loved the yellow S-Shield on the cape.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    I thought that was brilliant. I'm sure there's more to the conversation, as SCB says, but to me it was a subtle nod (in the way he says it) to wondering if maybe it's really up to Superman to decide whether someone lives or dies. Whether he should really have that sort of power.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I thought that was brilliant. I'm sure there's more to the conversation, as SCB says, but to me it was a subtle nod (in the way he says it) to wondering if maybe it's really up to Superman to decide whether someone lives or dies. Whether he should really have that sort of power.
    Jonathan Kent is a man like me and you. He's confused. This movie is getting very real. I love it.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    Jonathan Kent is a man like me and you. He's confused. This movie is getting very real. I love it.
    And Jonathan's pov is of a father. I am a dad and I would hesitate to tell my own son to run into a building to save someone even though I would probably do it myself. His response is based on fear of losing Clark. And my wife pointed out that Jonathan doesn't look directly at Clark with affirmation but just throwing it out there with a hint of doubt. He was almost ashamed to say it but that's how he felt. Absolutely wonderful!

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think there'll be more to Jonathan's line, but yes - I do think it's fear, doubt, confusion. I mean, what do you tell your kid in a situation like that?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I very much want to like this movie, but for me, writing & tone on Superman needs to be 'just so' to make the character work, and I was really let down by Returns. I'm hoping it'll be great, though, and there're some neat shots in the trailer.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I bet you anything that line was edited for the trailer. There’s more to it.

I can't wait, I think it looks great. I am a little worried, watchmen was great, 300 was fantastic, but that doesn't mean he can do Superman. However I think he's probably goin very story driven and the visuals look great so far.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yeah, I am sure there is more to the dialogue but the way it was edited is gonna have some questioning it which in my opinion is good. Gets people talking about it like here in the forums lol

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    It might be a decent film, but still not liking the music. Its the same kind of emo garbage used in practically every television project today. The music reminded me a lot of the crap music used on the BSG remake.

The take off and flight of Superman was probably the only impressive thing in the entire trailer for me.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Clearly, Jonathan Kent is weighing whether Clark using his abilities to rescue another boy is worth the possible consequences of his alien heritage being exposed. It is perfectly reasonable for the safety and security of his son to be paramount.

This trailer reinforces my belief that the wild success of The Dark Knight trilogy was both the best and worst thing to happen to DC movies. You can see the dark, brooding reality of the Christopher Nolan Batman films all over this. So much so that Zack Snyder’s signature style (which I actually really like and is one of the reasons why I was so excited for this) is all but gone. I’ve got a nasty feeling WB now think that because the Batman films were such a huge success all DC films from this point on must be cut from the same cloth. You know, they tried a different approach with Green Lantern and look what happened? So why not? It won’t work, IMO. There a plenty of reasons why GL flopped, but I don’t think any of them had anything to do with the tone of the film. Not every DC adaptation from now on can be like The Dark Knight. Particularly not if they hope to get a Justice League film off the ground.
    Last edited by Krueger; December 13, 2012 at 01:55pm.

While I agree not every DC super hero needs to be dark, and I don't love the DK films as much as others do (though I do love Nolan's other work) this doesn't feel DARK to me. It feels mythic and epic. Things I think are good for Superman. Remember, it's very possible this has been cut and scored to appeal to those who liked DK. The tone of the whole movie isn't necessarily represented here.