Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man Of Steel/Superman Movie Reboot Thread

I don't get why in most Superman representations, Jor-El wears a sort of tunic.

I cannot judge this until I see it in motion in some sort of trailer or sneak peek. Now looking at Crowe in this attire, I wonder how Jor-El may sound like.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I think the suit looks awesome, as a NON Superman /cartoon fan I have always mocked the Undies on the outside of the tights! and I assume the producers realise that its a common joke! so they have eliminated the visual gag. just as Batman producers did!

Hate Crowe in it though, in a universe of great actors why did they get the chubby aussie and put him in spandex!

and the Bulge looks fine to me!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Considering Superman & Batman are 2 of the biggest superheroes of all time in terms of popularity & importance, I don't think the underoos on the outisde has really done much to hurt their "career".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

^ Agreed... SERIOUSLY!

Batman has never worn underoos in his movies. Superman wearing them no longer makes sense. What would be the motivation to wear underwear outside his pants when putting together the costume?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Batman has never worn underoos in his movies. Superman wearing them no longer makes sense. What would be the motivation to wear underwear outside his pants when putting together the costume?
    That's because in those Batman movies, he never wore spandex. He always had on a batsuit that looked more like armour.

Batman has never worn underoos in his movies.
    He did in the '60's movie.

What would be the motivation to wear underwear outside his pants when putting together the costume?
    Simple design choice that improves the costume.

Just throwing this out there... Who said it was underwear, anyway? I've never seen any underwear like that...especially with belt loops. Someone thought they were being really smart one day, and it went from there. I'm sure when they created Superman they did NOT say, "And the finishing touch will be - UNDERWEAR ON THE OUTSIDE!" Nope...

But anyway....

Does Superman need a cape? He's invulnerable to practically everything & it must get in the way, so let's get rid of the cape.

Does Superman need boots? Since he doesn't have to worry about stubbing his toe, it would probably be easier for him to go barefoot rather than long, clunky boots. Let's get rid of the boots.

Does Batman need a cape? Besides the fact that it's got to be really hard for hand-to-hand combat in a large cape, I'm sure it also makes noise when the wind blows(thus giving away his position when he's lurking in the shadows). Let's get rid of the cape.

Does Batman need bat-ears? It doesn't make him look like a bat & they serve no real purpose. If we're going the Christopher Nolan route where he uses them for communcations, he can easily use something smaller for placement in his ear. Let's get rid of the ears(which Nolan had to be talked out of doing in the first place).

Since, no matter how hard some directors try to make recent superhero movies "realistic", they never truly are. I find these attempts to scrap decades of success in order to be "realistic" hypocritical & quite arrogant on the part of the producers/costume designers/directors. I find this similar to what Roger Ebert has said about movie remakes, don't waste time remaking what works. If something needs to be remade, go after the failures.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Just throwing this out there... Who said it was underwear, anyway? I've never seen any underwear like that...especially with belt loops. Someone thought they were being really smart one day, and it went from there. I'm sure when they created Superman they did NOT say, "And the finishing touch will be - UNDERWEAR ON THE OUTSIDE!" Nope...

But anyway....
    Also, if you're going to get rid of the red "briefs" on his costume, why keep the belt? Superman doesn't have a utility belt. What purpose does the belt serve now?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 7, 2011 at 12:25pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

People who complain tend to be more vocal, also we are taught to be more articulate with negative criticism than when giving praise. You are more likely to hear why is it bad then why is it good.

I have come across many people who thought the cod piece was silly, but will follow up with it's part of the suit.

On top of all that for some reason those who are more vocal still think comics are like they were in the 50-60s. Most comics haven't been that way in 40 years. What makes matter's worse many of those who complain are hear sayers. Meaning they haven't actually done anything than read someone else's rant on the issue.

The best thing those who like can do is be a bit more vocal about the things they like and have at least decent reasons why. In this case it helps with costume flow breaking up the solid blue, and most early superheros were borrowing from the circus strong man look. Also most people do seem accept it because on many forums when I typically see for every one person who thinks removing it is great there are ten who come up and say it wasn't necessary.

Jor-el's costume is a mix of Superman Adventures,

Superfriends

and Superman: The animate series.
    Last edited by wyldman11; October 7, 2011 at 01:11pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Hard to tell if that's the case when there aren't full body shots. :\

couldn't find a Super Friends body shot but it's basically the Silver age version but with a red cape, and some other details being different. And point isn't omg it's the same thing, it's more similarity.

One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post

But anyway....
    Everyone calls it underwear. Let's not play around with words.

Not everyone. I certainly don't and, truthfully, never have. And I know I'm not the only one. It was just his outfit. Plain and simple. No playing with words involved.

-Johnny C

New images from the filming of the new Superman film. We get to see how ripped Cavill has become! He certainly put Routh to shame when he filmed Superman Returns.

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    New images from the filming of the new Superman film. We get to see how ripped Cavill has become! He certainly put Routh to shame when he filmed Superman Returns.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...d-3658x432.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...d-2658x432.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...d-1658x432.jpg
    Looks like he is filming a Wolverine movie. /sigh still not liking this so far. I agree though, he is ripped. That is a plus.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

With the ripped pants he looks like Bruce Banner. As for being ripped, I don't feel that's needed for Superman. He's an alien, so his body doesn't necessarily work like ours. He was barrel chested in his early comics. Neither Christopher Reeve or George Reeves were cut or extremely muscular, but they are the 2 best Supermans imo(especially Reeve).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Where are they filming this? That car has Alaska plates.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Where are they filming this? That car has Alaska plates.
    uhm.. hello, in alaska

he looks great, does look like a wolverine film.. haha.

cant wait to see this film. just hope they keep the camp / cheese out as much as possible.

i know clark kent is a goofball, but that dont mean to make him a complete stupid idiot
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Finally a ripped Superman.

I guess this movie will be good for all the women & gay guys out there at least.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    OMG, I had a really good laugh at this today! I forget what I was looking for pictures of on Google, but I found a picture of this crazy mash-up Superman bootleg...and it's almost identical to the new Superman movie costume!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

He looks like a Ken doll painted blue.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    He looks like a Ken doll painted blue.
    Do you see all the sculpted Spider-Man webbing on him? That made me laugh the most. Sadly, I saw crazy toys like these at a dollar store a few years back that no longer exists. They had really weird bootlegs of the 90's Spiderman figures (based on the animated series). Some were just cheap ass Spidey figs and others were repainted to look like Superman, Batman, etc. They were SO WEIRD! I should have picked up the sets they had (they were 4-5 figures per pack). They were just too cheap looking for me though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Do you see all the sculpted Spider-Man webbing on him? That made me laugh the most. Sadly, I saw crazy toys like these at a dollar store a few years back that no longer exists. They had really weird bootlegs of the 90's Spiderman figures (based on the animated series). Some were just cheap ass Spidey figs and others were repainted to look like Superman, Batman, etc. They were SO WEIRD! I should have picked up the sets they had (they were 4-5 figures per pack). They were just too cheap looking for me though.
    Making his colors darker or taking away his red "trunks" are one thing. Personally I don't like it, but I guess I can see some preferring those changes. I honestly don't know who would think all the textured streaks on his wrists & waist are an improvement. Like a lot of the changes made when Hollywood adapts characters from other media, it looks like the costume designer was either bored at work or really felt like he needed to prove he did something to earn his paycheck.

I'm also not sure that making Superman's costume out of old baskeballs is actually better than spandex.

JOIN THE GROUP...