Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man Of Steel/Superman Movie Reboot Thread

i just saw the the teaser from comic con..

that was kick ass.. the music was also

only 11 months to go till showtime .. grrrr
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

They should have used the classic theme and did something this to modernize it

One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    NO MORE CLASSIC THEME...we need to move away from those movies already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    Sigh. I just don't agree with this perception of Superman's theme. Wish it would go away.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

HD figures on youtube
    When I hear that music I don't relate it to "those movies" but instead to Superman as a whole. I don't care if it's the comics movies or TV shows..That music is just relatable to Superman himself regardless of who plays him or who draws him.

It's a fantastic theme, but if Live action superman is going to grow and evolve it should separate itself from that, try to be an icon on it's own.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    It's a fantastic theme, but if Live action superman is going to grow and evolve it should separate itself from that, try to be an icon on it's own.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Meh, skipping this.
    ditto..i;ll catch this the FX channel in a few years...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Modernize? Metal isn't exactly "modern".
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

It is being said that Lego has spilled the beans of a potential secret villain,

Black Zero, which is more than obscure to be
    in the Man of Steel movie. I hope Hollywood realizes soonn that we want to see Brainiac, which can be one of the top villains in the DC Universe only topped by Darkseid
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    When I hear that music I don't relate it to "those movies" but instead to Superman as a whole. I don't care if it's the comics movies or TV shows..That music is just relatable to Superman himself regardless of who plays him or who draws him.
    Exactly. And I think most people feel that way. And I just don't see how using that same amazing music holds a new film back. It can still be its own thing AND have that music be an enhancement.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I am personally not for or against the theme, it is a great tune. And I think most people do associate it with the character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Modernize? Metal isn't exactly "modern".
    Didn't mean the style, I would argue styles of music haven't really changed much over the last couple of decades anyways.

But I also meant to say 'modernize.'
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I don't think of the theme as being specifically from the movies - it's shown up in Smallville, Lego, etc...I just think of it as being Superman's theme. It's iconic, IMO. I'd like to see it kept, in some capacity.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

HD figures on youtube
    Also Ruby Spears.

Implying that his iconic theme is holding Superman back?

Sorry, but I fail to understand this logic. John Williams' Superman theme is iconic for a reason. When most people think of Superman in general, one of the first things they think of is the theme. Why do we need to move away from it? That theme has taken on a life of its own beyond the Christopher Reeve movies. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be used in The Man of Steel.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Implying that his iconic theme is holding Superman back?

Sorry, but I fail to understand this logic. John Williams' Superman theme is iconic for a reason. When most people think of Superman in general, one of the first things they think of is the theme. Why do we need to move away from it? That theme has taken on a life of its own beyond the Christopher Reeve movies. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be used in The Man of Steel.
    The iconic theme is a hell of a lot better than that series of wuss music used in the teaser trailer for the new film. It sounded a lot like the same suck that was used in the BSG re-make.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Sigh. I just don't agree with this perception of Superman's theme. Wish it would go away.
    Well hopefully this perception wins out for the reboot. We will find own soon enough.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Just on topic of the theme.... yes it should be refreshed, but not forgotten. Dark Knight ditched the iconic 89 type theme, and made their own... it works well but it doesnt have that catchy "im gunna hum this cause im bored" type feel to it ya know? So it should probably stay... Superman films after the first few didnt have alot going for it, nor did the franchise, at least not on a batman level, so they should try and keep the positives around for him. That being 1 of 2....
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Well hopefully this perception never wins out for the reboot. We will find own soon enough.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Thatman wrote(sorry I forgot to press reply with quote)"I don't think of the theme as being specifically from the movies - it's shown up in Smallville, Lego, etc...I just think of it as being Superman's theme. It's iconic, IMO. I'd like to see it kept, in some capacity. "

I've heard the theme(and Burtons Batman) in in the Lego game commercial at Target and I've heard it on Smallville but only when Chris Reeve appeared(admittingly I only saw a few episodes). Was the theme prevelant during Smallville's run? It is an iconic theme and one I enjoy but I only associate it with Chris Reeve Supes and not Supes in general. As a complete reboot I feel the movie needs it's own music...even if isn't as "iconic".
    Last edited by Bjjer; September 23, 2012 at 12:58pm.

Thatman wrote(sorry I forgot to press reply with quote)"I don't think of the theme as being specifically from the movies - it's shown up in Smallville, Lego, etc...I just think of it as being Superman's theme. It's iconic, IMO. I'd like to see it kept, in some capacity. "

I've heard the theme(and Burtons Batman) in in the Lego game commercial at Target and I've heard it on Smallville but only when Chris Reeve appeared(admittingly I only saw a few episodes). Was the theme prevelant during Smallville's run? It is an iconic theme and one I enjoy but I only associate it with Chris Reeve Supes and not Supes in general. As a complete reboot I feel the movie needs it's own music...even if isn't as "iconic".

The only times I know when the Superman iconic theme played on Smallville were three (there could've been more).

1. A few bars of the theme played after the Jor-El computer called out to Clark for the first time from his spaceship.

2. The episode where Reeve appeared.

3. The full theme played during the final scene of Smallville.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    The only times I know when the Superman iconic theme played on Smallville were three (there could've been more).

1. A few bars of the theme played after the Jor-El computer called out to Clark for the first time from his spaceship.

2. The episode where Reeve appeared.

3. The full theme played during the final scene of Smallville.
    I think that was it - but it was done in such a way as to go hand in hand with Clark's "destiny" scenes...I think the musical implication being that when he got to this music, he was closer to being Superman.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I think that was it - but it was done in such a way as to go hand in hand with Clark's "destiny" scenes...I think the musical implication being that when he got to this music, he was closer to being Superman.
    I think the music cue that played when Jor-El reached out to Clark from the ship for the first time was the end of the second season. Not very close to Superman. Clark got closer starting around season eight, in my opinion, although I like to pretend that bomb of a duel with Doomsday never happened.
    (Hordak Alpha))

After so much search, I finally get a quite descent copy of the SDCC 2012 teaser

I recently re-watched Superman: The Movie extended version and I must confess that except for the back in time scene, it is a whole excellent movie. Technically and plot wise
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Evil Master of Warcraft
    awesome. Thanks for that. I looked for a long time and couldn't find it. I was in line to get into hall H for that and didn't get in
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980