Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 927

Thread: The Man Of Steel/Superman Movie Reboot Thread

  1. #26
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    I see RocketPunch knows a little OO7 history. Yeah, in the made for TV movie were Bond (Barry Nelson) is an American secret agent and Felix Leiter was with the British Secret Service. Talk about role reversals.
    I love the spy spoof Casino Royale from 1967. Funny thing is Ian Fleming wanted David Niven to play James Bond in Dr. No not this unknown truck driver named Sean Connery. Boy, was he wrong.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,025
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    No, he was referring to the 1954 TV movie starring Barry Nelson.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casino_Royale_(Climax!)
    Oh, the one with Peter Lorre as the heavy. gotcha. I always forget that one since it was on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I see RocketPunch knows a little OO7 history. Yeah, in the made for TV movie were Bond (Barry Nelson) is an American secret agent and Felix Leiter was with the British Secret Service. Talk about role reversals.
    I love the spy spoof Casino Royale from 1967. Funny thing is Ian Fleming wanted David Niven to play James Bond in Dr. No not this unknown truck driver named Sean Connery. Boy, was he wrong.
    I have often been laughed off when I point out that Roger Moore probably comes closest to resembling a Niven portrayal in the EON films. I often wonder what Fleming would have made of Craig, who I think looks much more Eastern European than Bond should look even if does have the energy and the edge over Moore.

    I guess to get back on topic, looks can be deceiving and it's really how the actor plays the role. I think Cavill will do well, but I don't know what all a Zack Snyder Superman will be either.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 31, 2011 at 08:21pm.

  3. #28
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,761
    I can't wait for another Superman movie!

    I hoep this guy is good, but with a Goyer/Nolan script, we should be quite confident, I feel.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  4. #29
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,540
    Eh, not impressed. I think Routh should have been given another swing at it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  5. #30
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Eh, not impressed. I think Routh should have been given another swing at it.
    While I did like Routh, I want this movie to be a fresh, new start. Unfortunately, with Goyer & Nolan working on it, I'm not expecting much in terms of fresh.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  6. #31
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,658
    I'll take Routh only if he comes with the kid that played his son.

  7. #32
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    www.mhalo.com
    Posts
    9,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Unfortunately, with Goyer & Nolan working on it, I'm not expecting much in terms of fresh.
    Please elaborate.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

    If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    After seeing Routh in Scott Pilgrim it looks like he put on the weight and has aged to the point were he could have been a better Superman then he was in Returns. Plus the effect they used to make his eyes glow would be perfect for Superman's laser vision if it was in red.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  9. #34
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    TMZ had two interesting stories today. Apparently Joe Manganiello from True Blood was supposed to be Superman, but they wanted him to miss too much time from the show, so because of the scheduling they picked "some British guy."

    Here's Joe:





    ...and now for the terrifying story. They want Lindsay Lohan to play Ursa! Seriously. I pray they do not put Lohan in the Superman movie.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  10. #35
    Master of Voice Overs! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,473
    I doubt Lohan will be doing any movies in the near future. She was just charged with Grand Theft. She'd have been a joke in that role anyway and I would hope that Chris Nolan would have enough sense to keep her out of one of his films....then again...he did cast Kaite Holmes.

    -Johnny C

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,025
    I'm still good with Cavill, and don't need any True Blood influence.

    Lohan as Ursa makes less sense to me than Anne Hawathaway as Catwoman. Ursa doesn't need to be played by a name actress, and not that name especially. She needs to be tall, statuesque, seductive but scary. Lohan is scary for way different reasons.

    And much as I loved Sarah Douglas's Ursa, why not use Faora? Why not use villains who aren't from Krypton? The more they can distance themselves from Superman 2, the better, right? Why take the franchise away from Singer if you're just going to do something he was probably going to do?

  12. #37
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    ...Why take the franchise away from Singer if you're just going to do something he was probably going to do?

    Exactly.
    If well written, I think it's about time that we get to see Superman vs Brianiac or Doomsday. Having Krytonians again may result pretty boring.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  13. #38
    Evil Master of Warcraft
    GeologyMule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Knoxvegas, TN
    Posts
    5,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Exactly.
    If well written, I think it's about time that we get to see Superman vs Brianiac or Doomsday. Having Krytonians again may result pretty boring.
    I don't see a doomsday coming, but hopefully I'm wrong. It would be really cool, but they came out with the animated version a year or so ago and if they are worried about a budget the doomsday fight would probably destroy it.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

    Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980


  14. #39
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    www.mhalo.com
    Posts
    9,524
    Joe would have been a good Supes!
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

    If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

  15. #40
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,658
    I don't believe the Lindsay Lohan story at all, which would negate the Zod trio being in the film.

    Also Snyder denied Zod being the villain last year.

    http://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-su...od-kofi-86379/
    Last edited by SCB; February 9, 2011 at 02:02am.

  16. #41
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I don't believe the Lindsay Lohan story at all, which would negate the Zod trio being in the film.

    Also Snyder denied Zod being the villain last year.

    http://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-su...od-kofi-86379/
    Here's one article (of many) about Lohan:

    http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-linds...ders-superman/

    Here's the big reveal that Ursa will be in the Superman movie:

    http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exc...revealed-12492
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  17. #42
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,658
    I would imagine, all IMO, that the closest she got to this movie was her people contacting them to get an audition, not Snyder and Nolan wanting her.

    She wouldn't be able to get a role on Freak Friday 2.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,025
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I don't believe the Lindsay Lohan story at all, which would negate the Zod trio being in the film.

    Also Snyder denied Zod being the villain last year.

    http://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-su...od-kofi-86379/
    I'd be happy if the Lohan thing is wrong, but I wish he'd come out and say the Ursa stuff is rumor too because Ursa without Zod is just silly (Faora without him is fine though). Otherwise I'd be tempted to think either the Zod rumor have become fact since his comments, or the Ursa stuff is deliberate misdirection.

  19. #44
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,540
    Lohan is probably finally going to jail for a few years with her grand larceny charges. Please, Primus, let it happen. LOL

    And if they're using the Kryptonian criminals again, it'll just be one more reason not to waste money on this film. First Sony and now WB with their lame reboots.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  20. #45
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Even scarier than Lohan is the rumor I read about Kristen Stewart being in this movie(possibly Lois Lane). She would make a worse Lois than Kate Bosworth(she was too young, too skinny, and too bland in the role for Superman Returns). I've seen all of the Twilight movies(really bad but I'm a sucker for werewolves), Adventureland, and The Runaways. She not only can't act, if you watch her in an interview, she doesn't seem like she even has a personality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    TMZ had two interesting stories today. Apparently Joe Manganiello from True Blood was supposed to be Superman, but they wanted him to miss too much time from the show, so because of the scheduling they picked "some British guy."
    Even though I love Mananiello on True Blood and would have preferred a Superman who was American(or even Canadian like co-creator Joe Shuster), I think the Brit looks better as Superman.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    And much as I loved Sarah Douglas's Ursa, why not use Faora? Why not use villains who aren't from Krypton? The more they can distance themselves from Superman 2, the better, right? Why take the franchise away from Singer if you're just going to do something he was probably going to do?
    I agree with you about using Faora but since, starting with Green Lantern, Geoff Johns has his hands in the DCU movies, it makes sense we're getting Ursa. Not only does he worship his mentor Richard Donner, he just reintroduced her into the DCU a few years ago.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  21. #46
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,433
    I would really love to see Brainiac on screen. We got that ridiculous psuedo-Brainy thing in Superman 3, but I really want to see Brainiac proper.

    I love Luthor, but he's been done to death. I don't mind if he's in the movie, but not as the primary antagonist. Brainiac is both brilliant, and depending on how they portray him, he could actually physically fight Superman.

    Personally, I've never been huge into Zod and the other Kryptonians, so I wouldn't mind if they were skipped, but at the very least, this movie has to involve at least one reasonable fight between Superman and a villain who can fight him back.

    I kid you not, I almost fell asleep during Superman Returns towards the end - I do NOT want that kind of experience again.

    And for the love of Rao, do NOT let Lohan anywhere near any DC property!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Even scarier than Lohan is the rumor I read about Kristen Stewart being in this movie(possibly Lois Lane). She would make a worse Lois than Kate Bosworth(she was too young, too skinny, and too bland in the role for Superman Returns). I've seen all of the Twilight movies(really bad but I'm a sucker for werewolves), Adventureland, and The Runaways. She not only can't act, if you watch her in an interview, she doesn't seem like she even has a personality.
    Aren't they looking to not cast someone who will overshadow Cavill in star power? Maybe they mistake Stewart for a good compromise, a commercial name with not a lot of power on her own. I don't feel anything for her, except that like Bosworth, she is too young and lacks the talent to convey the character's fiery personality or wit. Granted, there's more than one way to render Lois, but Erica Durance is playing the part very well on TV, and there's no excuse to keep giving us lame versions on the big screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I agree with you about using Faora but since, starting with Green Lantern, Geoff Johns has his hands in the DCU movies, it makes sense we're getting Ursa. Not only does he worship his mentor Richard Donner, he just reintroduced her into the DCU a few years ago.
    I hope that goes a long way towards retaining more of the John Williams theme at least.

    Speaking of classic stuff, has everyone seen this?
    Last edited by gbagok; February 10, 2011 at 06:32pm.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,512
    I think they should just cast Olivia Wilde as Lois Lane. And she is one of the few actresses who is considered for the part.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  24. #49
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I think they should just cast Olivia Wilde as Lois Lane. And she is one of the few actresses who is considered for the part.
    While she's better than Stewart or Lohan, I was hoping Lois would be attractive. Wilde does nothing for me. My choice for Lois is Rachel McAdams.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  25. #50
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    www.mhalo.com
    Posts
    9,524
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Speaking of classic stuff, has everyone seen this?
    LOL! It's Superman meets "Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow!"
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

    If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •