Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man Of Steel/Superman Movie Reboot Thread

Moviebob has A great analysis on 'Man Of Steel's failure.

as usual I pretty much disagree with everything he says. Man of Steel was a great movie as was Star Trek and ST: Into Darkness.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I don't disagree with Moviebob, but I don't agree with him very enthusiastically either. I think he's a little hard on the Star Trek movies too but I didn't especially like those enough to defend them either.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Finally saw this today. Felt that the movie began very strong and did well up until the point that Zod showed up. Then it seemed the movie changed tone and became something else, namely the slug-fest people are complaining about. I like this better than Returns, but it had unnecessary flaws.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    namely the slug-fest people are complaining about. I like this better than Returns, but it had unnecessary flaws.
    i agree, i love the film, but that weird slug or tentacles, whatever they were, could have been left out for sure. that was odd and unrelated imo to the film. everytime i see that.. i yawn or get upset there were other parts i did not like, but the slugs are the WORST!

i wonder whose crappy idea was that? snyder? hmm.. and those DAMN BRIGHT lights in our eyes / faces and blueish tint to the entire film HAS to STOP in the next film

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

that was so awesome
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i agree, i love the film, but that weird slug or tentacles, whatever they were, could have been left out for sure.
    You do know that a "slug-fest" is not the part of a movie that involves slugs and / or tentacles. A slug fest is (as the dictionary puts it) "A fight marked by an extended exchange of heavy blows" right? So the massive fight between Superman and Zod in which they punched each other through buildings and did billions of dollars worth of damage...that was the slug-fest.

Now you know and

Last edited by wolfsfang; November 14, 2013 at 02:07pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

watching this movie for the first time since the theater..

Did I imagine it, or did they throw in a little of the george reeves flying effect when he flew for the first time?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Got around to watching the rest of it...

I didn't care for this Superman. Not just the movie, but the character. There was far too MUCH action and not enough time really spent on the characters. about the only character he bothered saving was Lois, minus those guys on the rig at the begining.

And also, Nolan....your characters NEED themes. What you do for them isn't a theme. it's just notes ascending and descending in a standard order. Only Randy Rogel can turn something like that into a real SONG. What you guys did didn't even come close....All I kept on thinking was, "OK, this short little tune is getting ready to ramp up into a full on theme.....it's getting ready.....wait, this is it?"

Batman suffered this fate, as did Superman...but I hope Justice League has a REAL theme and fares better
    Geek Media -

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    as usual I pretty much disagree with everything he says. Man of Steel was a great movie as was Star Trek and ST: Into Darkness.
    the types of critiques that guy gives, ANY one can write those, and try to be witty. its just all fluff. gets annoying after a while. i find them funny more than an actual opinion.

Looking back I'm feeling that Man of Steel is one of my favorite modern superhero-movies. I loved the scale of the action. It really fleshed out how small and vulnerable us human beings are compared to kryptonians. I hope the future movies keep this up and deepen this theme. Does Kal-El consider himself to be an equal with humans. Do the laws of men abide to him as well? Does he pledge allegiance to a flag or to a set of laws. Will he impose his control over humanity on some scale? Damn, now I got so excited I'll have to re-watch the movie again!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    And also, Nolan....your characters NEED themes. What you do for them isn't a theme. it's just notes ascending and descending in a standard order. Only Randy Rogel can turn something like that into a real SONG. What you guys did didn't even come close....All I kept on thinking was, "OK, this short little tune is getting ready to ramp up into a full on theme.....it's getting ready.....wait, this is it?"

Batman suffered this fate, as did Superman...but I hope Justice League has a REAL theme and fares better
    I liked "What Are You Going to Do When You Are Not Saving the World?" as Henry Cavil's theme song.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

I noticed that in Begins; there is actually no main theme. What is passing for music there and in MOS would usually be backgrounds strains for the real music. My main interest in music is movie soundtracks, and I've yet to buy any from the Nolan films or MOS. Where are Williams and Elfman when you need them?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have to agree on the lack of theme music. One of my big gripes with the Nolan trilogy is the music, actually. I completely get why they didn't want to use Elfman's theme, but there wasn't much there to take it's place.

However, if you're so inclined, listen to the score from the Arkham games, particularly Arkham City. I absolutely LOVE the theme they worked up for City. It's very Batman - dark, ominous, powerful, but still very Batman. There's also a Gotham/Joker version of 'Carol of the Bells' they use in Arkham Origins which is great as well. Really fits the mood. They used the song "Short Change Hero" by Heavy for the trailer for City, which I thought was a great fit as well.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

its official zack snyder will direct the justice league movie also.. damn. oh well, the movie is a go though and i'm a happy camper
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

its official zack snyder will direct the justice league movie also.. damn. oh well, the movie is a go though and i'm a happy camper
    They have way more confidence in him than I do. I wonder if that will be his Nolan trilogy or if he'd also direct any future stand-alone Superman movies. They probably aren't thinking that far ahead.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If you thought Man of Steel was off the hook, imagine the destruction from Justice League?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

For me this is all happy news. I've loved his work so far!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If you thought Man of Steel was off the hook, imagine the destruction from Justice League?
    Imagine all the cryin,' whiny emo heroes that will be in it? LOL Green Lantern would be the most stable member in the group.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm excited by this, I liked MOS, sure it could have been improved but so can most movies. I'm also looking forward to BM vs SM.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I saw it more as a nod to the original comics of him leaping a large distance first before it was changed to that he could fly.

watching this movie for the first time since the theater..

Did I imagine it, or did they throw in a little of the george reeves flying effect when he flew for the first time?

As for the JL film. I think WB is counting their chickens before they hatch. I mean we saw how they already crammed all these other heroes into Man of Steel... Superman Vs. Batman crap fest. I wanted too see a film that is about Clark becoming Superman. I want to see how he deals with now having to deal with a dual identity. How people view him even after saving them from something. See if they think is he going to turn and become a menace like Zod? See his relationship with Lois evolve. How they deal with their love growing. We don't need to have Batman in the damn thing! We don't need Wonder Woman in it! We don't need any DC hero in it.I wouldn't mind like a small walk on. But that's it! But having Clark going to an event that has Bruce and Lex there. Something happen. Then Superman shows up to investigate and Batman is there and they fight. And then Lex uses that to keep that tension going to cover up his evil plans. All the while to have a love triangle between Clark, Lois, and Bruce. "YAWN!"
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    As for the JL film. I think WB is counting their chickens before they hatch. I mean we saw how they already crammed all these other heroes into Man of Steel... Superman Vs. Batman crap fest. I wanted too see a film that is about Clark becoming Superman. I want to see how he deals with now having to deal with a dual identity. How people view him even after saving them from something. See if they think is he going to turn and become a menace like Zod? See his relationship with Lois evolve. How they deal with their love growing. We don't need to have Batman in the damn thing! We don't need Wonder Woman in it! We don't need any DC hero in it.I wouldn't mind like a small walk on. But that's it! But having Clark going to an event that has Bruce and Lex there. Something happen. Then Superman shows up to investigate and Batman is there and they fight. And then Lex uses that to keep that tension going to cover up his evil plans. All the while to have a love triangle between Clark, Lois, and Bruce. "YAWN!"
    don't bring up love triangles... that's a tired old plot device I wish would go away for good. that and zombies ;o)
    Geek Media -

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not unexpected, but not good news from my viewpoint. I really wanted a JL movie with a focus on the characters with some good action and some fun thrown in. This means I'll get one of the three, namely the action bereft of the other two. Man of Steel and the last two Bat filcks were pretty much everything I DON'T want to see in a super-hero movie, and it seems that is what we will be getting from Warners for the foreseeable future.

It says a lot when a guy who grew up on the Super Friends is looking forward to an Avengers movie FAR more than an announced JL movie.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Not unexpected, but not good news from my viewpoint. I really wanted a JL movie with a focus on the characters with some good action and some fun thrown in. This means I'll get one of the three, namely the action bereft of the other two. Man of Steel and the last two Bat filcks were pretty much everything I DON'T want to see in a super-hero movie, and it seems that is what we will be getting from Warners for the foreseeable future.
    I'm right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I don't know, if done right it could work. I found the love triangle on the Superman Animated Series crossover worked well enough. Especially since Lois liked Bruce & Supes, but did not care for Batman & Clark at all.

They definitely should not be cramming Wonder Woman etc into this movie, even for cameos. I can't understand why they're not just following the Marvel cinematic blueprint of introducing each hero with their own movie first, especially as it's already a proven success with audiences.