Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From Toyguru: FAQ on Castle Grayskull shipping (Dec 3, 2013)

From Toyguru: FAQ on Castle Grayskull shipping (Dec 3, 2013)

From Scott Neitlich:

Here is the latest info on Castle Grayskull shipments. If anyone has additional issues or questions please feel free to drop me a line and we can add anything to this FAQ or update as needed. I hope this will help clarify any remaining questions. Castles are coming!

Castle Grayskull Update

We’ve heard your confusion around the Castle Grayskull pre-order and do apologize. Here’s a complete Q & A update as of today, 11/26/13.

Q. When will my Castle Grayskull ship?
    A. The castles have started to arrive at the Digital River warehouse! To ensure your castle gets to you in the best possible condition, we’ve ordered custom, heavy-duty packing materials and the castles are being packed into these special boxes together with the collection checklist posters as you read this. They’ll begin shipping in the middle of next week and will ship through the middle of January.

Q. How do I know if my order is okay?
    A. If your card has successfully been pre-authorized, that means your order is all set and you don’t need to do a thing. Pre-authorization is just to check that your card is still valid and funds are available. You’ll get an email notice when your castle ships and your card will be charged at that time.

Q. What if I don’t get a notice that my castle has shipped even though the pre-authorization was successful?
    A. If you don’t get a shipment notice by 1/15/14, please call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY and they’ll make sure you get yours. (But please don’t call before then – Customer Service doesn’t have a way to know when individual orders will ship.)

Q. I got an email cancelling my order. What do I do?
    A. If you received an email advising you that your order was cancelled, that means your credit card didn’t pass the pre-authorization process (this happens for a variety of reasons like an address change, the card expired, funds weren’t available, etc.). Please rest assured that your castle is still waiting for you! If you haven’t yet, please call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY before end of day on Thursday 12/5/13. They’ll “reinstate” your order, which means they cancel your current order and place a new order with your new credit card information. And if your original order entitled you to the collection checklist poster, you’ll still receive the poster.

Q. I called Customer Service to change my credit card information (earlier in the year) but it didn’t get updated. Now what?
    A. We identified an issue in the process for reinstatements that affected a small percentage of customers. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. It’s been addressed and shouldn’t happen again. If you’re still concerned, please call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY to ensure the current card is charged. One quick phone call will resolve.

Q. I pre-ordered in 2012. My shipping charges are higher than I was quoted in 2012. Why?
    A. In January 2013, shipping costs for some methods went up and some went down (this is controlled by the shippers, not Digital River or Mattel). If you placed a pre-order in 2012 and your pre-authorization DIDN’T process, you hopefully called Customer Service to reinstate your order. When you called Customer Service to reinstate your order, the original order was cancelled and a new one was placed, as explained above. The new order is automatically calculated with 2013 shipping rates. If the shipping cost for your new order is higher than it was in 2012, please call Customer Service AFTER your order ships and we’ll refund the difference. You need to wait until after the order ships to receive a refund because your card won’t actually be charged until then. Please note that this only applies to orders that were placed in 2012. If you placed your pre-order in 2013, please read on…

Q. I pre-ordered when Castle Grayskull was available in February/March 2013. What about my shipping charges?
    A. Your shipping charges are correct. The change in shipping rates took place in January (again, some methods went up and some went down) and your order already reflects the 2013 shipping rates.

Q. I didn’t pre-order a castle and now I want one. What can I do?
    A. We’ll have a limited number of castles available during Early Access for subscribers 12/12 at 8 a.m. PT through 12/13 at 8 a.m. PT, subject to Early Access sellout. If any remain, they’ll be available to the general public on Monday 12/16 at 9 a.m. PT. If you’re not signed up for email and you’d like a reminder, please click here.

UPDATE (December 3, 2013):

Q. My order says "order in progress" on MattyCollector's order history under my account. But the charge is nowhere to be found on my credit card. What do I do?
    A. That is because your order has not shipped. It is only "in progress". When it ships in a few days to weeks, it will be charged. The Castles are arriving in batches. As they come in, we will ship them out. There is no guarantee the order in which you preordered will effect when it ships, but we will ship all preorders before day of sales on Dec 16, with Early Access available for sub holders before that. "Order in progress" just means waiting to ship. We are currently bundling the Castles with posters so shipping can start.

Q. My pending credit card charge disappeared. Did something happen to my order?
    A. Everything is okay. The pending charges charge was the test to make sure cards were valid and help flag anyone who needed to update their cards. The pending change to authorize the card now goes away and your order gets ready to ship. As it goes through the actual charge to your card will be made and you will receive an update to your status from "pending" to "shipped" or "in transit" etc. This may take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. At this point there are three things happening:
    1. your order is in process, the pre authorization charge might fall off your card depending on how your credit card works and how long you are waiting for your castle to change from pending to shipped.
    2. your card failed for any number of reasons resulting in a "cancelation" email notice. Please just call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY to reinstate by December 5th. We apologize if you already updated your card earlier this year and those changes were not reflected. An error in the system was found and corrected. One quick phone call to CS will fix all and you will be in situation 1 above. This will not affect your shipping order. We will make every effort to use the original preorder date of the first order but in NO WAY can we guarantee any connection between your order date (original, whether "canceled" or not) and shipping date. But we will try to see what we can do.
    3. You haven't ordered a castle yet but you can head over to Mattycollector.com on December 16th and purchase one of the coolest toys ever made in the history of ever for $300.00. Well worth the price of admission!
    "Order pending" or having the pre authorization fall off your credit card is normal. This just means your order is getting ready to ship. Orders should start going out this week. While it may take until Jan to ship all the Castles, we will ship preorders first before day of orders. Hopefully all preorders will even ship before day of (Dec 16) even happens. But we can in no way guarantee this or make any promises that your preorder date (whether canceled and reinstated or good to go already) will effect your shipping date. We will try, but we can't guarantee this.

Hopefully this answers all your questions. We’ll be on the lookout for additional questions and answer them as quickly as possible via our Fan Forums. We honestly can’t wait for you to get your Castle Grayskull. They came out better than we could have imagined and we know you’re going to love them!

–MattyCollector.com

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I'm happy that Scott took the time to answer everyone's worries.
    It seems that Mattel is on top of things. Nice to hear that the boxes should arrive intact!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Thanks for posting this here...some of us dont FB.

Thread #6 on the castle...

Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

For those of us who called Matty to update our cards on our Grayskull orders, then were told they were updated and still had our preorder canceled because of digital river's ineptitude...

Think we'll be doing this all over again in JAN? You know, when they go back and try to charge the old card again, because we used it to order our 2014 sub?

It won't be the first time Matty has canceled my sub because they can't figure out how to charge the only card I have on file. They want to charge the deleted card instead.

I have proactively called ahead and asked them to cancel my 2014 sub and reinstate it with the new card. I'd advise everyone else who has had a card expire to do the same.

Take it from my bad experiences.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

THANK YOU for this post!!!

My question pertains to this section:

Q. I called Customer Service to change my credit card information (earlier in the year) but it didn’t get updated. Now what?
    A. We identified an issue in the process for reinstatements that affected a small percentage of customers. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. It’s been addressed and shouldn’t happen again. If you’re still concerned, please call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY to ensure the current card is charged. One quick phone call will resolve.

I have 3 cards on file with Matty, let's call them A, B and C:

Card A: I used this to pre-order the castle.
    Card B: I called a few months ago to have the charge switched to this card.
    Card C: This is the card the pre-authorization showed up on.

That is FINE, I just need to know if the charge will stay with the card that got pre-authorized (card C) or if the issue was fixed so that the card I switched it to (card B) will now be charged. (I'm actually now hoping that the card that got the pre-auth IS the one that gets charged.)

Thanks again!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    The reasons subs or castles "cancel" when a credit card fails for any reason is due to an automatic trigger in the system. A "canceled" order is not digital river messing up or making a mistake of any kind. The system does this automatically (and this was one of the issues with the castle and the poorly worded automatic email that went out with information that was not accurate).

Anytime a form of payment does not work an order is automatically canceled. But a simple call to CS will rectify that once you provide correct payment.

SO exciting!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Well good to know the Castles will start shipping mid next week. I didn't think they had started shipping yet. Thanks you scott for posting all this.

Also shame on you scud for posting false info about your castle order shipping
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 line

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The reasons subs or castles "cancel" when a credit card fails for any reason is due to an automatic trigger in the system. A "canceled" order is not digital river messing up or making a mistake of any kind. The system does this automatically (and this was one of the issues with the castle and the poorly worded automatic email that went out with information that was not accurate).

Anytime a form of payment does not work an order is automatically canceled. But a simple call to CS will rectify that once you provide correct payment.
    Pretty sure if the card doesn't work because DR is trying to charge a card which we have removed and made sure they don't charge is a DR messing up and making a mistake.

Is this issue going to happen again in January or March when the sub starts?
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; November 26, 2013 at 10:42pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Is committing to a ship date really necessary. Just say it will ship when it will ship. But get the other issues sorted like the credit card issues, etc.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Is committing to a ship date really necessary. Just say it will ship when it will ship. But get the other issues sorted like the credit card issues, etc.
    I want to know when it will ship. It's good to be prepared for several reasons, particularly monetarily.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

Also shame on you scud for posting false info about your castle order shipping
    I agree QFT.

Heroic Warrior
    Have all orders been "pre-authorized" by now?
    I'm not familiar with the concept of pre-authorization and not sure if my online-banking software show these
    (never seen one on my card).
    If I didn't get the cancelation mail by now and my order is "in process", does this mean the pre-authorization has been successful,
    regardless of when my castle will ship?

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I want to know when it will ship. It's good to be prepared for several reasons, particularly monetarily.
    A. The castles have started to arrive at the Digital River warehouse! To ensure your castle gets to you in the best possible condition, we’ve ordered custom, heavy-duty packing materials and the castles are being packed into these special boxes together with the collection checklist posters as you read this. They’ll begin shipping in the middle of next week and will ship through the middle of January.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I saw your answer to the question, TG - I was replying to powerofGS who didn't see the point in you stating when the castles were shipping. I was giving him reasons.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by JKM View Post
    Have all orders been "pre-authorized" by now?
    I'm not familiar with the concept of pre-authorization and not sure if my online-banking software show these
    (never seen one on my card).
    If I didn't get the cancelation mail by now and my order is "in process", does this mean the pre-authorization has been successful,
    regardless of when my castle will ship?
    I'm somewhat concerned as well,i pre-ordered in 2012 and my order on Matty does say in process but i didn't use a credit card,i used a pre pay card and the money has been taken from the account,did anyone else use this method.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    What if we pre-ordered, there is no pre-authorization charge, no cancellation e-mail, and our order still says "Order in Process"? There are quite a few people in this situation. Are we okay? Should we wait it out? Should we call it in?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    What if we pre-ordered, there is no pre-authorization charge, no cancellation e-mail, and our order still says "Order in Process"? There are quite a few people in this situation. Are we okay? Should we wait it out? Should we call it in?
    Yes!
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

I'm in the same situation. I'd like to know this, too.
    I can't see the pre-authorisation in my online banking. I'm not sure if this is normal. Is anyone From Germany in the same situation?
    Awesome sticker included!

What happens to those of us who DIDN'T change our cards but got cancelations despite our cards being fine and not updated?
    That happened to me?
    I got a new order, but I wonder if I lost my "spot" in the "first come, first served" purchase queue since I ordered the first day CG was available but now I got a new order. Will it send me to the back of the line for shipping?
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

And to think people have been posting what are purported to be shipping confirmation emails... How pathetic!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    From Scott Neitlich:

Hopefully this answers all your questions.
    Nope... this question below hasn't been answered or addressed yet...

I, like many others, am in this position too. I have heard NOTHING from Matty/DR (good, bad or otherwise). Please explain what's going on...!
    Now Showing
    Two Bad
    Coming Attractions
    Modulok

agreed on the FB thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post

Thread #6 on the castle...

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Indeed. Would have been wise for this info to be emailed out to everyone with an order.

Heroic Warrior
    Let me get this straight:

Even if we pre-ordered over a year ago, we have to wait until the middle of JANUARY to know if we're going to get our order or not? How is that reasonable on any level?

After the Fisto fiasco, I'm feeling nervous about the whole affair.