Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Official Captain Hydron Thread

About time Hydron got a thread!

Captain Hydron is the captain of the Starship Eternia, which he co-pilots with Lieutenant Flipshot. He's also the field leader of the Galactic Guardians and the MOTU-verse's second Heroic water character.

Unlike a lot of other water characters in other toylines and fiction who are so specialized that they are only seen on "undersea missions", this character is particularly prominent despite his SCUBA-like nature.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 6, 2011 at 01:07pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Like his second look better, looks like Trap Jaw meets Horde Trooper meets shark. I didn't watch or get any of the original NA toys. A main reason was because the heroes looked so plain, so human.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

I think bulking the NA figures up to MOTUC proportions will really help those characters, like bulking up Bow from his original figure did.

Fans seem to like it when characters get such makeovers.

I want the Original Hydron first...
    I wonder if he's the GP that was announced for this year...
    From the crotch, all the way to the neck and left thigh will be made from reused parts.
    Head, Armor, Lower Legs, Feet, possibly the right thigh would be the new parts.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I want the Original Hydron first...
    I wonder if he's the GP that was announced for this year...
    From the crotch, all the way to the neck and left thigh will be made from reused parts.
    Head, Armor, Lower Legs, Feet, possibly the right thigh would be the new parts.
    I hope he is. He's a faction leader.

I don't understand the aquatics theme in a space adventure, and I can't say I like it. But his "second" look there is far superior to the first, and his uniform seems more middle ground. I reeeeeally hope they make that version.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

who was the first??

For the NA fans, I hope we get them but I have very little interest, make em cool andI'll buy em, Optic is a fave but again te villains of NA were more interestng looking that all the heroes. I'm not too fussed on NA. but MOTU is for all of us, not just me.

I prefer iconic looks for any first release characters, so however they appeared for the majority of the time is the look I think they should come in or be basd on at least.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'd love to see Hydron as this year's Galactic Protector - I do hope he has two heads, one with and one without the scuba/mask. (Original version, not the wacky second one.)

I like the NA characters, but if only Flipshot and Hydron get made in MOTUC (along with a NA He-Man), I can be content with them for the heroes.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Man, I'm really glad you started this thread. All those unofficial Hydron threads floating around out there were really starting to drive me bonkers!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

The first underwater hero is Mermista.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I don't understand the aquatics theme in a space adventure, and I can't say I like it.
    NA isn't just space. It's also involves other planets or regions on those planets with a variety of areas. NA even has the Astrosub, which is a space fighter AND submarine combo. Hydron in particular comes from an underwater city/colony.

But his "second" look there is far superior to the first, and his uniform seems more middle ground. I reeeeeally hope they make that version.
    Wow. I'm surprised at the love that the variant costume is getting here! It has a green glass over the head. If Mattel makes that variant, I hope they make it where you can remove the Spin Fist and add a normal arm ala Trap Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Man, I'm really glad you started this thread. All those unofficial Hydron threads floating around out there were really starting to drive me bonkers!
    I'm just starting. Soon, we'll start to see more NA character threads. Alot of fans still don't know who these characters are. If these guys show up in subscriptions, they'll want to know who they are getting.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 29, 2011 at 01:03pm.

This was one of the few guys in NA that I didn't like. The suit just didn't make any sense to me when I was little (since he's a space guy; and nevermind the fact that barely any of them were wearing space gear anyway) and I was irritated with the fact that he was the leader of the Protectors. I never liked toys that were suited up for something TOO specific. I mean, he ALWAYS looks ready to dive! It's annoying. I can't imagine this guy doing anything normal.

That said: I DO like his second form. I skipped his first figure and bought the second one (or mom bought it for me; I can't remember if I had my own money by that point...). I still got 'em to this day, and I love the giant claw arm! Somehow the colors and the look made it seem less like he was only good for diving.

I know they won't make the second first (if they do at all) but I won't say that I'm not slightly disappointed by that. I'm looking forward to how the 4H will do Hydron, but he's real far down my list of wants. I kinda hope they give him two heads, and just use thier imagination on what they think he would look like without the headgear.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i always found it funny that poor old Hydron had to carry all his underwater gear around with him even though there was rarely a water scene on the show. while his vintage figure is a bit dull, he is going to look brilliant in classics.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hope he is. He's a faction leader.
    I think Darius will be the leader of the Galactic Guardians/Protectors in MOTUC just like he was always intended to be in the original toy line.

I do really want a Hydron figure but I'd prefer Darius and Flipshot/Icarius first.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'm suprised so many people prefer his second outfit, I think it's rubbish! Deff want him in his original. Hope either he or Darius are the first Galactic Guardians as they are the higher ranking members. I agree that Darius is the leader and Hydron second in command.

I hope he can have a head with no suit hood on it that shows his hair like he was often portrayed with in the cartoon.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I like the first look better. I hope we get him sooner rather than later as he is one of my favorites from NA but I think Flipshot will be this year's Galactic Protector.

His weapon always struck me as a bit odd...half-trident/ half-harp....I hopr they can improve it somehow.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

I don't get this whole water based characters can't travel in space bit. Mer-Man and Whiplash are more waterbased than Hydron and went to Phantos and Eternias Moon!

I wonder if NA characters would be counted as A-List for variants. If not, could his spin fist come with regular Hydron (which is actually how he was shown in the cartoon)

He needs to have 2 heads, one with scuba gear, the other buzz cut!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NA isn't just space. It's also involves other planets or regions on those planets with a variety of areas. NA even has the Astrosub, which is a space fighter AND submarine combo. Hydron in particular comes from an underwater city/colony.

Wow. I'm surprised at the love that the variant costume is getting here! It has a green glass over the head. If Mattel makes that variant, I hope they make it where you can remove the Spin Fist and add a normal arm ala Trap Jaw.
    MGM, the love for the "second look" was referencing a picture that is now replaced by that comic panel pic. It's not the pic we were referring to. You had a pic of a non-helmet head. His suit was light gray and he had a mohawk fin on his head. His face was still covered Beach-Head style, but he didn't EXACTLY look like a Wet-Suit/Torpedo hybrid. Well, he did still, actually. But it was less so than the first version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I hope he can have a head with no suit hood on it that shows his hair like he was often portrayed with in the cartoon.
    Yeah, me too. I'm not a fan of characters who have permanent masks on their faces. GI Joe drove me crazy with that stuff.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; March 29, 2011 at 07:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

After I've thought about it a bit, I think what I didn't like about the first version was that he wasn't...abnormal enough. Though there are obviously futuristic parts, he still looks like a guy in a wetsuit to me; not a leader and not a guy who stands out at all. His second one - now THAT looks like a futuristic diver/warrior! That, and I just loved the heck outa the giant claw.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Watch from 1:19 to 1:41 to see Hydron in action. You can see what his weapon does at around 1:30

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    wow i'm really looking forward to n/a.
    the motuc toys will be awesome.
    we should be getting 3 or 4 per year. not just 1 or none.

Cool thread. Thx MGM! Hydro really needs more attention as he is the MAA of the NA universe. I want his iconic look as the first release, but only after I at least hear that NA He-Man is coming.

Definitely my favorite of the NA good guys so I hope he is the GP we've been hearing about.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Sweet, I didn't even know there was any characters left without a thread. I mean, even Butthead has a thread!!

Hydron is pretty cool. My hope with the Galactic Heroes is that they come with tons of accessories. I think with the right accessories, it could change a lot of buyers minds from a nay to a yay.

I'm thinking he should come with his a Spear Gun, a Trident, The Claw, and a scuba gear/backpack thing.

I really think accessories can make or break the NA Heroes.