Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Sweet, I didn't even know there was any characters left without a thread. I mean, even Butthead has a thread!!
    NA characters are pretty much virgin territory. MOTU, 200X and POP, practically every character has a thread. But New Adventures characters have a handful of threads.

I plan on changing that. Tomorrow, I'll create another new NA character thread...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NA characters are pretty much virgin territory. MOTU, 200X and POP, practically every character has a thread. But New Adventures characters have a handful of threads.

I plan on changing that. Tomorrow, I'll create another new NA character thread...
    At first I thought this thread was a little late. I mean if Hydron is the GP this year, then we should have said all this stuff a long time ago, because we know Mattel reads these threads, and all these suggestions could have been implemented.

But please come up with more, not just for NA but all the remaining figures that could use some fan input, before its too late to be changed.

I'm more for the original Hydron myself, never seen the 2nd one until this thread. But my thoughts on removeable armor and what not... why not. If Trapjaw can be $20 with a extra head and arm and a grip of weapons, why are we getting single figures with just one weapon for the same price.

Heroic Warrior
    Hydron needs to come with a 2nd helmet-less head (unlike my boy Zodak) and a big ole harpoon gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I'm suprised so many people prefer his second outfit, I think it's rubbish! Deff want him in his original. Hope either he or Darius are the first Galactic Guardians as they are the higher ranking members. I agree that Darius is the leader and Hydron second in command.
    I also don't like the Spin Fist Hydron variant and wouldn't be fussed about getting it at all. But I think the spin fist/clamp thing could be included with the original as the second accessory if they turned it into something he can hold instead of being his actual arm.
    I also agree with the people say we should get to heads, helmet and ginger flat-top, infact I think all of the human Galactic Guardians need a heltemed and helmetless head.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Yes, we need Hydron, one of my favorite NA characters. We need more NA love, period. I laugh every time a PoP fan complains that only four PoP characters are slated for this year so far, and only six characters total. We NA fans only have one character produced nearly a year ago with only one more on the horizon ... not quite as equally treated, wouldn't you say? It's time Mattel stopped dragging their feet on NA and started pumping more characters into the line, starting with Hydron.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Yes, we need Hydron, one of my favorite NA characters. We need more NA love, period. I laugh every time a PoP fan complains that only four PoP characters are slated for this year so far, and only six characters total. We NA fans only have one character produced nearly a year ago with only one more on the horizon ... not quite as equally treated, wouldn't you say? It's time Mattel stopped dragging their feet on NA and started pumping more characters into the line, starting with Hydron.
    or Flipshot... They said Flipshot wasn't going to show up yet IIRC... or NA He-Man... Cause Flipshot is like Hyrdon's Robin
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    or Flipshot... They said Flipshot wasn't going to show up yet IIRC... or NA He-Man... Cause Flipshot is like Hyrdon's Robin
    Would a two-pack of the two be too much to ask for, complete with accessories that could change them into their different versions?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

that would be more awesome!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    At first I thought this thread was a little late. I mean if Hydron is the GP this year, then we should have said all this stuff a long time ago, because we know Mattel reads these threads, and all these suggestions could have been implemented.

But please come up with more, not just for NA but all the remaining figures that could use some fan input, before its too late to be changed.
    LOL! All NA character discussion threads are late.

These characters are literally the last figures that fans want to see. I do think that a couple of great looking figures can turn things around somewhat. It worked for Bow.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    It also worked for Optikk, he looks terrific!

I too hope the Two heads will return for most of the NA characters as most of the had helmets and unlike Man-At-Arms they hide their faces.

My personal request would be differnet hair for him, i like that he is a red head but this strange triangle on his forhead looks weird to me and reminds me of a german comedian, who isnīt funny at all, if you ask me.

So i canīt take this kind of hair cut seriously.

And i want to take Hydron serious as he is an important Member of the Galactic Protectors and in the beginning even Maras boyfriend, as i recall.

How come nobody ever threw shade at Admiral Ackbar for looking like he just crawled straight out of the ocean and right into space, but they do for Hydron? Think of Hydron like Admiral Ackbar? It's not a trap!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

LOL! All NA character discussion threads are late.

These characters are literally the last figures that fans want to see. I do think that a couple of great looking figures can turn things around somewhat. It worked for Bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    It also worked for Optikk, he looks terrific!
    I can't agree enough with you guys on this! The Classics line is just what the doctor ordered for NA. Here's to Hydron to be the first Galactic Guardian!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    My personal request would be differnet hair for him, i like that he is a red head but this strange triangle on his forhead looks weird to me and reminds me of a german comedian, who isnīt funny at all, if you ask me.

http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,27153,00.jpg

So i canīt take this kind of hair cut seriously.
    LoL, he reminds me of that guy who portrays Alan Harper from the T.V. show 'Two and a Half Men'.

I really hope the first GG is Hydron. I love this character and he's a great design. Plus from the cartoon, he was the Captain and the leader.

If they release Darius first, I will be very disapointed. It's cool to get Darius down the line, but I have no attachment to the character. Captain Hydron is just what the doctor ordered for NA fans. Him or Flipshot.

I thought we would see Hydron early this year, but now he'll be one of the last figures. If the GG ends up being Darius I am not going to be pleased with how long we have to wait between NA figures.

PLEASE Mattel, speed up the release of NA figures!

I'd rather see Hydron, Flipshot and Spintwit before Darius. Then bring him on.

And of course Flogg and Slushead are sorely needed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    I can't agree enough with you guys on this! The Classics line is just what the doctor ordered for NA. Here's to Hydron to be the first Galactic Guardian!

LoL, he reminds me of that guy who portrays Alan Harper from the T.V. show 'Two and a Half Men'.
    You are right he does, so itīs even more important that he looks different!!!!

Not that i donīt like thatshow, it can be funny sometimes but Alan is to whinny for me, so please no whinny HYDRON pa-lease!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    You are right he does, so itīs even more important that he looks different!!!!

Not that i donīt like thatshow, it can be funny sometimes but Alan is to whinny for me, so please no whinny HYDRON pa-lease!
    Ha! Hopefully Hydron will look different. I don't want to have to look at Hydron and think of Alan Harper...

I looked through the NA mini comics and there he looked really strong, buff and very in control almost military.

Thatīs a look i liked for him:

I really hope that the way they make him, the "glass" helmet is removable, and that he'll come with 2 heads - one with the green wetsuit hood, and the other without the hood and his hair showing. I think most of the NA Galactic Protectors characters should have 2 heads, in order to display them with and without their helmets on. I think it would help them get more sales for characters that many fans consider less desirable. Some people will likely buy a second figure in order to display both heads.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I really hope that the way they make him, the "glass" helmet is removable, and that he'll come with 2 heads - one with the green wetsuit hood, and the other without the hood and his hair showing. I think most of the NA Galactic Protectors characters should have 2 heads, in order to display them with and without their helmets on. I think it would help them get more sales for characters that many fans consider less desirable. Some people will likely buy a second figure in order to display both heads.

I love the idea of two heads on the NA characters, makes a lot of sense and would be cool as hell!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Two heads are a must for the NA characters, at least the humans
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

I am surprised that a lot of people like the 2nd version. That version looks kinda evil. plus, I am not a fan of the washed out grey-blue suit. I am hoping for the regular one. Actually, since he's an NA character and probably won't get a second version, it would be best if they did something in between. Version number one, with vibrant blue-green colors but with an arm attachment from the second version. Also, regular second head without all the scuba gear would be great. That way we could also display him in normal, above-water situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I am surprised that a lot of people like the 2nd version. That version looks kinda evil. plus, I am not a fan of the washed out grey-blue suit. I am hoping for the regular one. Actually, since he's an NA character and probably won't get a second version, it would be best if they did something in between. Version number one, with vibrant blue-green colors but with an arm attachment from the second version. Also, regular second head without all the scuba gear would be great. That way we could also display him in normal, above-water situations.
    While I like the second version better, I agree that a mixed version would be best. Like you said, I highly doubt we'll get variants of characters like this, so I'm not gona get my hopes up for the second version. I'd be happy with the accessory from the second version and a variable claw-arm as extra accessories to this one.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

About time Hydron got a thread!

Captain Hydron is the captain of the Starship Eternia, which he co-pilots with Lieutenant Flipshot. He's also the field leader of the Galactic Guardians and the MOTU-verse's second Heroic water character.

Unlike a lot of other water characters in other toylines and fiction who are so specialized that they are only seen on "undersea missions", this character is particularly prominent despite his SCUBA-like nature.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...front_full.jpg
    http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...istLoose1a.jpg
    http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_images/blog_nervous.jpg
    http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...letor_-_01.jpg
    As a figure he should come as his original figure but include his spin fist accessory, cause the reality of a variant of him is highly unlikely, and I wish Flipshot had come with his varient weapon as well.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    As a figure he should come as his original figure but include his spin fist accessory, cause the reality of a variant of him is highly unlikely, and I wish Flipshot had come with his varient weapon as well.
    Would be cool, but probably unlikely. He'd need to come with his speargun/trident thingy, and probably a masked head with removable helmet (like Marlena), and a regular unmasked head. That would probably put the kibosh on any other accessories, given the increase in production costs.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Bring him on! Most likely the very next Galatic Guardian to be revealed for classics. As much as I love Hydron I would like to see someone else take the spot. It would be more of a suprise that way. and you know he will come out into the line eventually. the others I fear... most people don't know about them or care enough to. It will take having them revealed into the line sooner while fans are involved in the line.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor