Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

It kinda feels like the NA good guys get more love than the bad guys. Lots of reuse of parts for Optic and Karatti, but Hydron and Flipshot have so much new stuff. They all look pretty awesome though. Made me somewhat of an NA fan
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Great reveal but he still just a scuba guy.
    First thought: Scuba Steve. It was my last thought, too.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Hydron looks outstanding! Best NA character design into Classics (imo) thus far. Great sculpt through and through. I never liked the NA toon but I always liked the action figures and the mini comics from that series. For me, a good action figure is a good action figure, no matter what other (good or bad) forms of media accompanies it. Not into NA?, Hydron can be part of the Eternian Guard - Naval unit, fighting off Mer-Man or place Duncan's head on him and you have an instant Deep Sea MAA. Either way, amazing figure. I can't wait for Hydron!
    Last edited by Count Judas; August 2, 2013 at 12:12pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior
    Good call on the Eternian Royal Guard Naval unit! I could totally see several "Hydrons" taking on Mer-Man or Clawful and their respective species. Hydron will still be NA for me and after getting NA He-Man, I can't wait!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    He's actually on of my least favourite GG and still he looks amazing, hope he comes with a cartoon accurate helmetless head
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I love the colors! They are very close to the original, but with a slight shift to make them less day-glo. I am hoping for an alt head, though I don't know that I'd display him that way much.
    Seeing as how BOTH Flipshot (Icarius) and NA He-Man come with alternate heads, the chances for Hydron seem pretty good. Also, he was seen without his helmet quite often in the show, so for some, that is his more iconic look.

I would be surprised if they do not include a second head with Hydron.

I love this figure, he will most definitely round out my top three mostest-awesomest MOTUC figures. (The first two belonging to Mer-Man and Ram-Man.... )

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Sure he does! Those are the main three...well, Sagitar comes along as the fourth guy pretty early on.
    Word! I love that picture!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    but we'd need NA Skeletor to come so He-Man can count... Cause Flipshot is the lone Hero from Primus... in MOTUC
    Don't forget Flogg!

NA of HeMan.jpg

He NEEDS to be included as well!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Don't forget Flogg!

NA of HeMan.jpg

He NEEDS to be included as well!!
    I never forget Flogg!! He's the missing Evil Faction Leader!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    First thought: Scuba Steve. It was my last thought, too.
    Awesome!! Yeah he is a terrible figure. He's up there with TMS as being unnecessary in my canon. I understand the reveal to get NA fans on board for the sub. But I would have preferred a different & more appealing figure in place of him to sell subs.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Im a little disappointing that hydron didnt receive a second head. it feels a little goofy that he is always wearing his gear.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Im a little disappointing that hydron didnt receive a second head. it feels a little goofy that he is always wearing his gear.
    There is a good chance that Hydron will get an unmasked second head. Both He-Man and Flipshot come with an extra head, it stands to reason that Hydron will as well. In the show he is seen without the helmet more often than not, just like Flipshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    Awesome!! Yeah he is a terrible figure. He's up there with TMS as being unnecessary in my canon. I understand the reveal to get NA fans on board for the sub. But I would have preferred a different & more appealing figure in place of him to sell subs.
    Just because he is unnecessary in your canon doesn't make Hydron a "terrible" figure. As far as action-figures are concerned, Hydron is pretty darn awesome - with or without his connection to MOTU.

Have to agree with you. Besides a spaceman that always wears scuba gear is beyond ridiculous. ..even to someone who wanted a giant pink bunny! Terrible figure.....er I mean great to trade off......lol. I just hope he is the only NA for next year.

Hydron is one of the best reveals and the best of the sculpts, save Glimmer, Lord Dactus and Two-Bad. He is much more noteworthy than a muscled pink bunny that ranks lows on majority indicators.

Looking forward to more NA Galactic Protectors and Mutants! Never could watch NA as it felt too much like G.I. Joe in outerspace/MOTU. However, 4HM are making NA some of the better designs and engaging sculpts.
    Last edited by Alexxandar; August 11, 2013 at 01:58am. Reason: 'of' omission
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    There is a good chance that Hydron will get an unmasked second head. Both He-Man and Flipshot come with an extra head, it stands to reason that Hydron will as well. In the show he is seen without the helmet more often than not, just like Flipshot.

Just because he is unnecessary in your canon doesn't make Hydron a "terrible" figure. As far as action-figures are concerned, Hydron is pretty darn awesome - with or without his connection to MOTU.
    Thank you for making my point. Sure he's a great action figure. But a MOTU connection to this guy is unworthy. Wasted slot IMO.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Oh come on guys - stop bashing a single figure...
    It already got on my nerves when Spector was shown. And it certainly isn't okay to bash the figure of a faction leader many fans have waited for!

I myself can't wait for Hydron!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't own any of the NA figures besides He-Man-- I don't feel there's anything wrong with any of them, either, besides a little overuse of the Trapjaw legs. But Hydron is the first of the NA figures I've seen that I genuinely want taking up space on my already crowded shelves. I think they went all out on him to try and win over the haters-- not sure they were successful, but I'll definitely be keeping mine. I think he adds some good variety to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarliehog View Post
    I don't own any of the NA figures besides He-Man-- I don't feel there's anything wrong with any of them, either, besides a little overuse of the Trapjaw legs. But Hydron is the first of the NA figures I've seen that I genuinely want taking up space on my already crowded shelves. I think they went all out on him to try and win over the haters-- not sure they were successful, but I'll definitely be keeping mine. I think he adds some good variety to the line.
    I have been waiting for him for a long time. I think he will make a great adversary for mer man and will look great next to space suit/diving suit marlena.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I hope he comes with an unmasked head. So much new tooling on him though I wouldn't be surprised if they don't give him another head.
    He is one of my least favorite Galactic Guardians visually but being so prominent in the show makes me really want him. I worry that Flogg and NA Skeletor will be the last NA figures we get
    I really want a Darius but the combination of him being NA AND a concept character make him pretty unlikely Frustrating having Fighting Foe Men and Star Sisters in my collection but no Darius.

Hydron could find love with Mermista as they battle Merman and Clawful.
    Last edited by Rodster6; August 11, 2013 at 01:26pm.

NA never appealed to me from the beginning, but I agree with those who say Four Horsemen did a great job in turning those ugly action figures into masterpieces !
    probably they were good concepts in the 90s and they better transalated today in the hands of some capable sculpters
    I'm a big fan for NA being represented in MOTUC but I'm not interested in the animated jetlag characters save darius and mara

Hydron is one of my fave reveal so far , cant wait to grab him and put some water in the helmet ahhh
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Heroic Warrior
    I recognize, that I'm loosing interest in this guy more & more since SDCC...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Oh come on guys - stop bashing a single figure...
    It already got on my nerves when Spector was shown. And it certainly isn't okay to bash the figure of a faction leader many fans have waited for!

I myself can't wait for Hydron!

Well, people can think whatever they like - faction leader or not. I know some people seem to derive a strange joy by putting down a figure, especially in front of those who are enjoying a figure. I don't get it, but fans of the figure just need to not let it effect them. It doesn't change how truly cool the actual figure is. I think he looks great, and will be so unique in the line.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I really like Hydron's MOTUC figure! I think he looks awesome and I keep wondering why there isn't more love for NA when seeing what the 4H can do with these characters. NA has been truly neglected in MOTUC in terms of representation (when you think about it we've seen far more concept guys than NA characters so far). I really hope we get to see more NA if the line lives on. Flogg, NA Skeletor, Mara, Darius, Crita (just to name a few) would be great additions to the line!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Absolute WORST figure ever made in this line - worse than Laserlot - Worse than Spector - WORSE than FFM! Really sucks its a sub figure just something else I have to try to sell. Yea I get they are trying to complete NA but seriously this should have been one of the very last made and Scott wonders why he's having problems selling subs... DUH
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA

Yeah he is a terrible figure.
    Sure he's a great action figure.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm...........

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I really like Hydron's MOTUC figure! I think he looks awesome and I keep wondering why there isn't more love for NA when seeing what the 4H can do with these characters. NA has been truly neglected in MOTUC in terms of representation (when you think about it we've seen far more concept guys than NA characters so far). I really hope we get to see more NA if the line lives on. Flogg, NA Skeletor, Mara, Darius, Crita (just to name a few) would be great additions to the line!
    Agree 1000%!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    As I recall, a few die-hard NA detractors have actually broken down and gotten figures like Optikk and Flipshot (sorry, the stubborn old dragon will continue to call him by his real name), so inroads can be made.

I realize that NA probably has the least support of all the eras; even I have few good things to say about the toon. But the figures themselves had some really good, solid designs, something the Fab Four have exploited and expanded on. I think that and a conscious effort on both the Hersoemens' and Mattel's part to really make the NA figures the best they can be have made them figures worth having just on their own merits. Hydron here is a good, solid action figure with a well-executed, cohesive theme and a lot of good details, regardless of his origins.

I really want to see the line complete at least the main heroes and baddies from NA, and hopefully include figures like Mara and Darius who were so close to making it into the line. The diversity of the line is, in my opinion, a big part of what caused it to grow until DR and some bad moves on Mattel's part started taking a toll. The years when the line was doing it's best were also the years where we got a lot of different things from different eras. I know the focus is concentrating on finishing the big stuff, but I hope Hydron being shown right up front means we'll at least get Skeletor and Flogg, if not a couple others, as well. My NA display is really anemic right now...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    He must come with a second head. Icarius have a 2nd head and a very large vehicle.

Best acuatic figure ever (sorry merman) I love it
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubya88788 View Post
    Absolute WORST figure ever made in this line - worse than Laserlot - Worse than Spector - WORSE than FFM! Really sucks its a sub figure just something else I have to try to sell. Yea I get they are trying to complete NA but seriously this should have been one of the very last made and Scott wonders why he's having problems selling subs... DUH
    Just because you don't care about this character doesn't make the figure "the worst ever". First of all, the execution of this figure by the 4H is nothing short of outstanding, and this has been acknowledged by many who don't care about NA but do have a modicum of objectivity. And secondly, this character is the leader of the Galactic Protectors faction (apart from NA He-Man), which makes it a total A-list, must-have figure for those who do care about NA. So, please, stop trolling this thread and being so bigoted and egoistic.

I wonder why it is apparently so difficult for so many people to understand the single golden rule of life: don't do what you wouldn't like done unto yourself. For the sake of illustration, one could view Hydron as the NA equivalent of Man-at-Arms. What if some vocal PoP- or NA-only people had demanded MAA to be left among "the very last made" because the character is not among their personal interests and needs? How would the vintage-only and 8-back-only people have liked that? And what if you had had to wait over 5 years for the release of a figure that really means something to you and then having to witness it being gratuitously called "the worst ever" by the ones who don't care about it and have these people constantly trolling every thread where the figure is mentioned demanding that it be taken out of the sub because "it sucks" and "it's just something else to try to sell"? You wouldn't like that, right? Then grow up already and learn to respect others.

This line is not being made just for yourself or for the vintage-only crowd. In fact, most of the hardcore vintage-onlyists have already jumped ship (many of them years ago) because they already have everything they wanted (all the 1982 through 1985 figures are done), except maybe one or two remaining figures that these people would never sub up for (they go to BBTS or whatever to get those few). Which proves that the line can survive without them (in fact, it already survived last year's drama when people had to sub up for a 2013 line up which, unlike the 2014 line up, wasn't expected to be filled with heavy hitters). So they are not the bloodlife of this line that they so arrogantly tried to paint themselves as. The bloodlife of this line is not those very selective people who only want the characters that fit their particular exclusionary notion of MotU and who will selfishly cry foul and whine and make a tremendous fuss raising pitchforks whenever some other character gets released that they don't care about, trying to force Mattel to cater exclusively to their needs and to hell with the other fans. The real bloodlife is the hardcore MotU fans who have an all-encompassing view of the property, as well as the PoP-fans and NA-fans who have been supporting the line wholesale just so that they could eventually get to some of the characters from those factions. Most of those who are currently supporting the line by having bought 2013 subs are the ones who do care about the non-vintage factions and have been supporting the line for many years patiently waiting while the egocentric vintage-only crowd had their feast first before the PoP and NA heavy hitters were allowed a slot.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog