Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

Why is it the na fans that always get this treatment?

I echo what others have said: The yellow tanks help to break up the teal color of Hydron. He looks better with the tanks.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Toyguru just posted a clarification! Looks like they were just forgotten!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2961044248

(PHEW!)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Why is it the na fans that always get this treatment?
    This is why:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Alas we just don't have slots in 2014-2015
    To cover everyone and NA has consistently sold poorer vs other factions so we have fewer slots for them in next 2 years. Hence the fan vote to help maximize those slots. I mean, do we not do Scorpia and Extendar to do more NA figs?
    NA is probably "taking one for the team". Hydron's sacrifice ensures the Vintage, POP and Filmation fans will be happy.

Karatti didn't even have a karate chopping hand...

EDIT: I'm happily mistaken! Hydron WILL have his tanks!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 19, 2013 at 04:11pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Apparently not. But keep fanning those Era Wars flames.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Yay! This is exactly what I was hoping! All I gotta say is - Tanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Toyguru just posted a clarification! Looks like they were just forgotten!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2961044248

(PHEW!)
    THANK THE ALL SPARK!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yay! This is exactly what I was hoping! All I gotta say is - Tanks!
    GIGGLE-CHORTLE-HAHAHAHA.... so true.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Apparently not. But keep fanning those Era Wars flames.
    Just repeating what TG said. We know where the priorities lie and NA is the black sheep. I mean, Sagitar or Madame Razz? This is the crap that non-vintage fans, especially NA fans have to deal with.

I'm relieved I was right about the tank lying around in a box somewhere.
    Awesome sticker included!

Im glad that now I don't have to hunt around for an extra Stinkor tank to paint and customize into a scuba tank!

Master of New Adventures!
    You know, I have to tell you that I met with Toy Guru last year at Power-Con and he couldn't have been nicer to me. There's no question but that NA didn't live up to its expectations and that the other eras were much more popular. But the fact is that we did produce sixty-five episodes of NA and never during or after has anyone at Mattel dissed me.

In fact, TG shared one of the comics with me and playfully pointed out that He-man's last line in that edition was "Are you ready for some 'new adventures'?"

Again, as the creator of NA and writer of thirty-seven of its episodes, I will categorically tell you that neither TG nor Mattel has ever made me feel as if NA was some sort of outcast black sheep. Quite to the contrary, TG has always interacted with me as a gentleman and a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Just repeating what TG said. We know where the priorities lie and NA is the black sheep. I mean, Sagitar or Madame Razz? This is the crap that non-vintage fans, especially NA fans have to deal with.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    QFT!

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    You know, I have to tell you that I met with Toy Guru last year at Power-Con and he couldn't have been nicer to me. There's no question but that NA didn't live up to its expectations and that the other eras were much more popular. But the fact is that we did produce sixty-five episodes of NA and never during or after has anyone at Mattel dissed me.

In fact, TG shared one of the comics with me and playfully pointed out that He-man's last line in that edition was "Are you ready for some 'new adventures'?"

Again, as the creator of NA and writer of thirty-seven of its episodes, I will categorically tell you that neither TG nor Mattel has ever made me feel as if NA was some sort of outcast black sheep. Quite to the contrary, TG has always interacted with me as a gentleman and a professional.
    I can definitely believe this. Scott is a real stand-up guy, and a huge fan, like the rest of us. If New Adventures figures don't perform as well as other figures, i.e. PoP/vintage, then I am sure it is his only option to produce figures that will (most likely) sell in bigger numbers.....

With that said, I certainly don't like it. I personally feel that NA has some of the most interesting, cool, and unique characters in all of MOTU. The 4H have proven that they fit right in with all other eras, and NA is a HUGE part of He-Man's history!!!

It breaks my heart that we actually have to choose between Darius, Mara, and Tuskador.... that is like choosing between family members; an impossible choice and one that will NOT have a good outcome. Why? Because these are ALL great characters that deserve to be made! I am sad just thinking about all of the awesome potential NA has in MOTUC's....... potential we may never see. Quakke, Staghorn, Vizar, Spinwit, Crita, Lizorr, Hoove, Sebrian, Kayo, Nocturna, Caz, Drissi .......... and the list goes on and on....... ALL are worthy!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

1st: Yay for Hydron getting his SCSBA gear (Self Contained Space Breathing Apparatus). Now maybe we can take a deep breathe and enjoy Hydron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    QFT!

I can definitely believe this. Scott is a real stand-up guy, and a huge fan, like the rest of us. If New Adventures figures don't perform as well as other figures, i.e. PoP/vintage, then I am sure it is his only option to produce figures that will (most likely) sell in bigger numbers.....

With that said, I certainly don't like it. I personally feel that NA has some of the most interesting, cool, and unique characters in all of MOTU. The 4H have proven that they fit right in with all other eras, and NA is a HUGE part of He-Man's history!!!

It breaks my heart that we actually have to choose between Darius, Mara, and Tuskador.... that is like choosing between family members; an impossible choice and one that will NOT have a good outcome. Why? Because ...these are ALL great characters that deserve to be made! I am sad just thinking about all of the awesome potential NA has in MOTUC's....... potential we may never see. Quakke, Staghorn, Vizar, Spinwit, Crita, Lizorr, Hoove, Sebrian, Kayo, Nocturna, Caz, Drissi .......... and the list goes on and on....... ALL are worthy!

2nd: Well, said. I was never a NA fan (still don't like the look of the originial toys) but the Classics NA figures are well done. I love the concepts of all the NA characters (I was a GI Joe kid so Vizar and Nocturna appeal to me). I think that Scott will continue to get the NA figures out as best as he can. I'm pretty sure that he wants a complete He-man collection (NA, Vintage, PoP, Filmation, Mini-Comics, etc) as much as I do, if not more so. I think that we will see NA figures come out in 2016 to 2017. I'm hoping for that SDCC/Power-Con 6 pack of Galactic Guardians. It will cost an arm and a leg but it would knock the whole group out in one swing. Or 3 Mutants and 3 Guardians in a battle diorama pack, like the Man of Steel SDCC pack this year.
    Last edited by EagleOne; September 20, 2013 at 07:12am.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post

I'm talking in regards to NA's presence in the Classics toyline, Jack. Not professionally!

Glad TG cleared that up, not sure how he misunderstood the original question, but glad that the CPT will still get the tank.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    1st: Yay for Hydron getting his SCSBA gear (Self Contained Space Breathing Apparatus). Now maybe we can take a deep breathe and enjoy Hydron.

2nd: Well, said. I was never a NA fan (still don't like the look of the originial toys) but the Classics NA figures are well done. I love the concepts of all the NA characters (I was a GI Joe kid so Vizar and Nocturna appeal to me). I think that Scott will continue to get the NA figures out as best as he can. I'm pretty sure that he wants a complete He-man collection (NA, Vintage, PoP, Filmation, Mini-Comics, etc) as much as I do, if not more so. I think that we will see NA figures come out in 2016 to 2017. I'm hoping for that SDCC/Power-Con 6 pack of Galactic Guardians. It will cost an arm and a leg but it would knock the whole group out in one swing. Or 3 Mutants and 3 Guardians in a battle diorama pack, like the Man of Steel SDCC pack this year.
    Holy smokes! That would be a dream come true! Unfortunately, there would have to be massive fan-demand, which I still believe is possible, but not until most of the PoP and Vintage stuff is made...... which really irks me to no extent.

Really, New Adventures should have been given a fairer shake right from the get-go. It has been five years (which equals roughly 140 unique figures) and only five of them are from New Adventures. That. is. ridiculous.

All we can do is wait, and keep our fingers crossed for something along the lines of a NA mini-sub. Of all the polls I've seen here on the .org, the one's asking about a NA sub always seem to be in favor of it..... it is still a possibility....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Master of New Adventures!
    Understood. Thank you for that clarification.

I'm talking in regards to NA's presence in the Classics toyline, Jack. Not professionally!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Captain Hydron turned out great, but dang I wanted a non helmeted "human" head for a 2nd display option like Flipshot and GG He-man
    NA fans suffer the most collecting this line and thats purely due to the lack of character representation. The Horsemen "kill it" with every NA figure they have done so far, its a shame we only got a small taste.
    A deluxe New Adventures box set (6 to 10 figs) would be a dream come true for this guy!
    I can dream cant I?
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Yeah, it is a bummer he does not have a normal head like flipshot.

I wish the proposed head pack would just be an all era head pack.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Yeah, it is a bummer he does not have a normal head like flipshot.

I wish the proposed head pack would just be an all era head pack.
    The Icarius/Flipshot head works for him. You can paint the hair red. I actually proposed that they handle it like Stinkor's little blue mouthpiece...they could have given Hydron a nose and mouth at least...and the red mouthpiece could be like Stinkor's

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    The Icarius/Flipshot head works for him. You can paint the hair red. I actually proposed that they handle it like Stinkor's little blue mouthpiece...they could have given Hydron a nose and mouth at least...and the red mouthpiece could be like Stinkor's
    Yeah that would have been the ideal solution. I actually may end up doing that with the extra flipshot head.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    they could have given Hydron a nose and mouth at least...and the red mouthpiece could be like Stinkor's
    Just for the record: my Stinkor's mouth piece was NEVER able to sit properly and tightly on his face... so I guess I prefer Hydron the way he is.

Should have given him a Tom Cruise head.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Should have given him a Tom Cruise head.
    why Tom Cruise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    why Tom Cruise ?
    Simple: Flipshot looks like Val Kilmer circa Top Gun. Having Hydron looking like Tom Cruise circa Top gun... (Insert mandatory "You can be my Wingman anytime" reference here)

Also, I wish Hydron looked like Tom Cruise as well.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.