Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Captain Hydron Thread

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    He has been laid off for quite awhile. Sometimes the pounds tend to creep on when noone has paid any attention to you in 20 years.
    Ha! Good one! out of work, AND retaining water = loss of ab crunch.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Attachment 88236
    A bigger issue is that his yellow scuba backpack is missing! I hope it was just forgotten in the display and not costed out of the figure. That yellow backpack added a lot to the figure. Hydron is going to look bland without it with all the blue and nothing to break up the design.
    Good question maybe because they forgot it and thatīs why the armor isnīt fasted correctly or at all…letīs hope that is the reason!?!?!?!

But in this picture it clearly shows he is straight blue no hint of marine greenish blue anymore. Thatīs a shame as well if you ask me!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Maybe Scott TOYGURU Neitlich said something in the walk trough with PIXEL DAN? But i havenīt read a confirmation about it.

The fact that he addressed it here on the board makes it obvious that even he saw that there was something wrong or not attached. No matter what it was the figure on that first picture clearly showed there was a mistake going on and he canīt deny it!

Here again his quote:
    I think it's pretty clear that the armor wasn't fastened correctly. If you look at this picture, you can see the back half of the armor clip is pushing up against the front half. Usually, the front half is OVER the back half. Not to say that Hydron won't have the problem of slightly oversized armor that we've seen before, but the way the armor is put on the figure definitely exaggerates its size:

I assume that the person that posed him in the case must have been some sort of intern or PR person who didn't really have an eye for detail.
    Last edited by goluphi; September 16, 2013 at 03:30pm.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Good question maybe because they forgot it and thatīs why the armor isnīt fasted correctly or at all…letīs hope that is the reason!?!?!?!

But in this picture it clearly shows he is straight blue no hint of marine greenish blue anymore. Thatīs a shame as well if you ask me!
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I believe the scuba-tank is part of his armor, similar to Clamp Champ's huge disc-thingy.... without it, Hydron cannot get dressed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that the armor wasn't fastened correctly. If you look at this picture, you can see the back half of the armor clip is pushing up against the front half. Usually, the front half is OVER the back half. Not to say that Hydron won't have the problem of slightly oversized armor that we've seen before, but the way the armor is put on the figure definitely exaggerates its size:

I assume that the person that posed him in the case must have been some sort of intern or PR person who didn't really have an eye for detail.
    Good eye! On closer inspection, I totally agree with both of these posts. Hydron's armor is definitely not fastened properly.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I believe the scuba-tank is part of his armor, similar to Clamp Champ's huge disc-thingy.... without it, Hydron cannot get dressed properly.

Good eye! On closer inspection, I totally agree with both of these posts. Hydron's armor is definitely not fastened properly.
    Just for fun, I took a shot of my NA He-Man with an unfastened armor set. Looks similarly puffy:

The armor is tight fitting when it's properly fastened.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Apart from having toy prototypes, Mara was a regular of the Jetlag cartoon and Darius was featured in comics. If this fits the definition of "concept" character, then so did Shadow Weaver and Goat Man. In fact, given that SW and GM didn't have any physical prototype made, they could be regarded as more "concept" than Mara and Darius.

Besides, Mara and Darius are PROMINENT members of their faction (just like Shadow Weaver) and in this respect they could be likened to Teela and Man-at-Arms. The Galactic Guardians/Protectors faction would be left seriously lacking without them.
    Add to that the fact that Mara was actually in the prototype stage in the original NA line, which puts her even further from the concept idea than Weaver or Scorpia.

As for Hydron, it's pretty certain from what we've seen in the photos that the armor isn't on right, so he's most likely not going to be that plump (fat scuba divers would have a hard time diving, as they'd tend to float like over-inflated beach balls much as I do ). I do wish he'd come with a second, regular head like Flipshot, but I understand the difference here based on the original figures (Flip had a removable helmet, whereas Hydron's head was permanently covered). Still, a second head would have been enough here to get me to buy a second figure in this case, as an armorless, land bound version of him without the hood would have been different enough to justify the purchase.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Add to that the fact that Mara was actually in the prototype stage in the original NA line, which puts her even further from the concept idea than Weaver or Scorpia.

As for Hydron, it's pretty certain from what we've seen in the photos that the armor isn't on right, so he's most likely not going to be that plump (fat scuba divers would have a hard time diving, as they'd tend to float like over-inflated beach balls much as I do ). I do wish he'd come with a second, regular head like Flipshot, but I understand the difference here based on the original figures (Flip had a removable helmet, whereas Hydron's head was permanently covered). Still, a second head would have been enough here to get me to buy a second figure in this case, as an armorless, land bound version of him without the hood would have been different enough to justify the purchase.
    Completely agree!

Although I'm definitely getting (at least) two Hydron's, a second, unmasked head would have been a nice incentive for a lot of folks. Plus, the 4H could have sculpted him to look like Anthony Edwards (Goose!)

hydronflipshotunmasked.jpg

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Snappy Threader
    I think he will be just fine. Have faith my friends.

Okay so according to Toyguru on Matty, Hydron's yellow air tank were 'never planned' for the figure. We saw it on him at SDCC, but apparently it was costed out. Didn't the vintage figure have the yellow scuba air tanks?

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/7971022248

I know I sound like a crazy person, but that was actually the thing that sold me on the figure. Now I don't think I even want the figure anymore. I was fine with him not having a real face, I was fine with all the blue, and when we saw the finished product, I was okay with the bulky armor...but the removal of a key piece of the character's aesthetic pretty much means my interest has gone to zero.

Very disappointed!

Okay so according to Toyguru on Matty, Hydron's yellow air tank were 'never planned' for the figure. We saw it on him at SDCC, but apparently it was costed out. Didn't the vintage figure have the yellow scuba air tanks?

I know I sound like a crazy person, but that was actually the thing that sold me on the figure. Now I don't think I even want the figure anymore. I was fine with him not having a real face, I was fine with all the blue, and when we saw the finished product, I was okay with the bulky armor...but the removal of a key piece of the character's aesthetic pretty much means my interest has gone to zero.

Very disappointed!
    sdcc2013_mattel_motuc_18.jpg

i agree 100%. why after all these years would this (the showing of cut pieces) continue to happen? TG was there at SDCC and saw exactly what each figure looked like. why was it never mentioned that Hydron would be reduced so much?

I will be very upset if in fact the tanks are not included. I'm hoping TG was confused by the question. With NA being extremely limited in character selections in the line, there is no reason why Hydron shouldn't have his tanks.

I'm waiting to see on this one before I get annoyed (which I will be, if it's true) because I am wondering if TG just got confused. I don't see why he'd say they were never planned when it's very prominently displayed on the figure at SDCC and in the all the pictures. It's an essential part of the character. I am hoping it just got misplaced at PowerCon and TG was confused about what people were talking about.

I'd also have liked a helmetless head as that feels like an NA good guy tradition and because he appeared without the helmet in the series. That's probably my only grief about the figure other than if he loses the air tanks.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Looking at the Mattypalooza slide in Pixel-Dan's video of the panel, it looks like the tanks are there. Just need to ask Scott with pictures to get a definite answer.

Without it, Hydron goes from a solid B figure to D figure. The yellow tubes accented and broke up the blue/aqua. Hope it is all an oops.

Im bummed out by the answer too.

Question:

What do you call a scuba diver with no air tanks?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Question:

What do you call a scuba diver with no air tanks?
    Drowned...
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Drowned...
    LOL!!!

CPT Hydron sounds like he will be a punchline now.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Heroic Warrior
    Really hoping it's just an error and he'll come with it. Look what happened with the Horde Troopers. Scott mis-speaks all the time on things. Watch any panel or walk through with Pixel Dan and he misses stuff all of the time. I'm betting that this is one of those times.

Very disappointed!
    You ask me this is a non-negotiable. Not including Strobo's gun I could live with because it's not integral and could be included in a later weapons pack, but Scott has already stated there will be no more weapons packs, so there goes a down the road inclusion, and Hydron's tanks are absolutely integral to making a SCUBA system work. Leaving them off because they don't cost out is one thing- and would suck a whole lot if so- but saying they were never to be included is a flat out lie. He's clearly shown wearing those tanks during the SDCC Mattypalooza PowerPoint panel and in the display case in their booth downstairs after the reveals! I call major shenanigans.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

The yellow tanks were never planned? Why would they show the figure at ComiCon with the tanks if they were never planned? This wasn't someone leaking an early picture (like Strobo's gun or Grizzlor's faceplate), this was on display, by Mattel, with the tanks as they were trying to sell their subscription.

Guess what guys...Scorpia's tail was never planned...neither was the red laser whip.
    You all ok with that?

This is the stuff that infuriates fans.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    The yellow tanks were never planned? Why would they show the figure at ComiCon with the tanks if they were never planned? This wasn't someone leaking an early picture (like Strobo's gun or Grizzlor's faceplate), this was on display, by Mattel, with the tanks as they were trying to sell their subscription.

Guess what guys...Scorpia's tail was never planned...neither was the red laser whip.
    You all ok with that?

This is the stuff that infuriates fans.
    I'm beginning to agree with JonWes that getting too up in arms before Scott has come on to clarify is probably being a bit hasty. Scott does sometimes make mistakes in verbalizing facts about this line after all.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I'm beginning to agree with JonWes that getting too up in arms before Scott has come on to clarify is probably being a bit hasty. Scott does sometimes make mistakes in verbalizing facts about this line after all.
    I completely agree...but as brand manager, you shouldn't be misspeaking about the products in the brand you're managing.
    This wasn't asked on the spot...this was a written question that he would've had time to look into before answering.

I think Scott, on the whole, is doing a good job with this line...but he does make the occassional bad decision.

The fact is that Two-Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, and Modulok were used to sell the subscription. Whether it priced out or not, they should give us what they showed to sell the subscription. (Even if that means cutting an accessory on an unannounced figure to make up the cost).

I hope it all is just some kind of misunderstanding.
    The guy who made the display obviously didn't know a lot about this figure. Remember how Hydorn's armor was not fastened at first. I guess the same person who did that also somehow forgot to attach the yellow air tanks. They probably were lying around in some box somewhere and nobody seemed to notice (like Stinkor's swapped forearms, this was only noted until after the con from the pictures on the internet. Even Pixel dan didn't notice, otherwise he would have asked Scott about the air tanks in the walkthrough video).
    Awesome sticker included!

Can someone post side by side pics of Hydron at SDCC and Hydron at Power Con?

I agree, Hydron's tanks are non negotiable. He's a figure I'm really looking forward to, without the air tanks, I don't want him at all. Completely changes the figure.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Can someone post side by side pics of Hydron at SDCC and Hydron at Power Con?

I agree, Hydron's tanks are non negotiable. He's a figure I'm really looking forward to, without the air tanks, I don't want him at all. Completely changes the figure.
    hydron.jpg

Here you go. SDCC on the left, Powewrcon on the right